[3.13] sburmass's Heavy Strike build | 84%+ Double Damage Chance | 100% PHYS IMPALE

"
SBurmasS wrote:
Added 3.11 notes.
Hope everyone is happy with the build, might add budget version what do you guys think?

Definitely. I'd like to play, but not in shape to afford 50+ exalts in gear currently lol.
Nice build, I'll always be in love with HeavyStrike, a little expensive for plebs like me tho.
I wonder if it's possible to reach a similar level with with a 2hand and what's the best way/gear to do that.
Last edited by jacklegno87 on Jul 2, 2020, 7:26:54 AM
Great build guide OP, thanks for your hard work on putting so much info together.

"
jacklegno87 wrote:
Nice build, I'll always be in love with HeavyStrike, a little expensive for plebs like me tho.
I wonder if it's possible to reach a similar level with with a 2hand and what's the best way/gear to do that.

See my build for a 2H Heavy Strike version using Juggernaut though. Currently on 1.5M dps, (without awakened gems and only 1 > 600 pdps sword, lots of upgrades possible, will upgrade as currency drops. The brass dome is the next armor upgrade. Final target is over 35000 armor atleast currently at about 29000 for the physical resists. With Vaal Molten Shell, another 15000 armor gets temporarily added for heavy hit safety. So far its cost me about 2ex. Future upgrade costs to max it out will be about 20ex for god tier swords, the brass dome and the tailwind boots and ring upgrades.

Its very smooth even without tailwind boots, and plows through everything all the way through to endgame. Started late, so just reaching first Sirus fight (19 watchstones so far...) but don't think he'll be a problem with regards to damage output and survivability.

With the new 3.11 nerfs, one shots are still possible, so you will need to move and keep an eye out for boss attacks.

Last edited by ruidruidruidruid on Jul 2, 2020, 9:17:59 AM
<deleted>
Last edited by Vandayr on Jul 14, 2020, 4:59:08 PM
"

See my build for a 2H Heavy Strike version using Juggernaut though. Currently on 1.5M dps, (without awakened gems and only 1 > 600 pdps sword, lots of upgrades possible, will upgrade as currency drops. The brass dome is the next armor upgrade. Final target is over 35000 armor atleast currently at about 29000 for the physical resists. With Vaal Molten Shell, another 15000 armor gets temporarily added for heavy hit safety. So far its cost me about 2ex. Future upgrade costs to max it out will be about 20ex for god tier swords, the brass dome and the tailwind boots and ring upgrades.

I think I may give something like your build a go. Besides Cyclone (which I've played too many leagues in a row), HS has always been my favorite build, and I almost always prefer Jugg over Zerk. But with stun nerfed into the ground, it seems faster attacks and impale is the way to go.

Question, though: Are you using Ancestral Cry just for the armor and melee range buff? You're using Multistrike, which can't exert. Do you still find that MS clears packs faster than the extra targeting from the exerting buff?
With the new events coming up in December, I wanted to try out a non meta skill and this build looked fun. Since there is no budget version of it, I made one using the 3.11 PoB. Has around 16.6m dps with dual Ichimonji, Belly of the Beast, and no really expensive items. Also changed one of the main links to Close Combat since that really increases the dps because we will always be close to the enemy. Here is the PoB: https://pastebin.com/Yj6D2xV4
-Added POST-BUFF 3.13 Notes

Enjoy!
Hi SBurmasS !

Thank you very much for the build guide, I'll give it a try :)

Maybe it's a silly question, but why aren't you using the Ancestral Cry ? It's insanely good with Heavy Strike and armor based builds ^^

Have a nice day,

-- noyranea
Are there any large jewels that might be useful for this build?
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
would it be possible to use this with a tidebreaker by switching sword nodes to mace nodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info