Most Fun I've Had w/ a Build...? Raider Spell Slinger w/ Cluster Jewels. [VIDEO]

(5/1) So I've changed some things up gem-wise and jewel-wise. Here's it is:

Now no longer running Conc. Effect, running Innervate. Blade Blasts overlap like crazy now, and Innervate buffs all three skills. Conc Effect > Innervate...

Edit: Update, 5/1/2020... So I tried a T10 on 100% Delirium. I could have done it deathlessly, but I died twice. The going was slow.

Just in case anyone wants to use that as a point of reference for build strength. (This was at lvl 88, if it matters.)

Edit: (Updated 4/28) To see the current progress of a better remake (just started), check "Exscyl" under my Characters tab in my profile

6L version
Level 84 tree:

Cluster Jewels:
- Battle-hardened (30% inc ER and Armour; 35% inc Phys Dmg)
- Force Multiplier (5% chance to deal Double Dmg; 25% inc Phys Dmg)
- Iron Breaker (Enemies have -10% to Totaly Phys Dmg Reduction against your hits; 35% inc Phys Dmg)

Jewel 1:
+12% to Crit Strike Multiplier for Spell
5% inc maximum Life
4% chance to Knock Enemies Back on hit

Jewel 2:
9% inc Dmg
11% inc Global Crit Strike Chance
6% inc max Life

Gear:

The helmet Enchant wasn't necessary, but I got... uber... lucky in the Uber Lab, first go. :)

PoE 3.10 Delirium (SSF)
Raider
Spell Slinger: Bladefall, Ethereal Knives, Blade Blast.

Gem links:
Spoiler
Spell Slinger - Ethereal Knives - Blind - (Chance to Flee)
Spell Slinger - Bladefall - Spell Cascade - Power Charge on Critical
Spell Slinger - Blade Blast - Brutality Added Fire Damage - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction

Frenzy - Culling Strike - Power Charge on Critical
Dash

Cast when Damage Taken (Lvl 2) - Steel Skin (Lvl 11)
(Note: This build only requires a 5L.)

Watch this build make easy work of a Tier 13! (It's only a T13 because I play SSF, so my higher maps are precious for the moment... but maybe I can upload something better later if someone asks!).

Tier 13 video demonstration (Length 4:16)
(Map details:)
Maze
Monster Level:80
SSF Delirium League

- Area is inhabited by 1 additional Warband
- Players are Cursed with Vulnerability
- Monsters reflect 18% of Elemental Damage
- Monsters fire 2 additional Projectiles
- Unique Boss deals 25% increased Damage
- Unique Boss has 30% increased Attack and Cast Speed

A few words about the build:
This build moves fast. I mean fast.
Clears red maps super quickly without a problem.
Does bosses fine.
Has great(!) survival.
Leveling it was a pleasure bc of the Cluster Jewels.
Very high DPS. Ascendancy is more important than you might think (Movement Speed is essential). Get the "Avater of the Veil" node first.

Tree

Jewels

About the gear:
The gear should be very attainable... the Obliteration wand is pretty common, and Ming's Heart is probably pretty findable.
Gear:

Update:

The "Freedom of Movement" annointment makes Phase Run have +10% increased Movement Speed and some dodging stuff.

Also, if I could, I'd find another Ming's Heart ring.

This is one of the funnest builds I've ever made or played, so that's why I took the trouble of uploading this.

I hope you enjoyed it! :)
Feel free to ask any questions. I may upload more videos later.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by bwam on May 1, 2020, 7:59:15 PM
Last bumped on May 29, 2020, 1:59:57 PM
New build videos to be placed here:

- Here's a video from a crazy twinned T12, a little more intense than the T13 above. Much more crowded, harder mods.
Map mods
46% more Life
Monsters have 375% increased Critical Strike Chance
+41% to Monster Critical Strike Multiplier
25% increased Monster Movement Speed
39% increased Monster Attack Speed
43% increased Monster Cast Speed
Unique Boss deals 25% increased Damage
Unique Boss has 30% increased Attack and Cast Speed
Last edited by bwam on Apr 21, 2020, 1:02:08 AM
Good afternoon!

Could you give a link to the POB and show the min-max, and even better mid-budget assembly.
To understand what to strive for and what things will be required.

In addition, Jewels pictures are almost impossible to see.

Thank.
"
Mirinoy wrote:
Good afternoon!

Could you give a link to the POB and show the min-max, and even better mid-budget assembly.
To understand what to strive for and what things will be required.

In addition, Jewels pictures are almost impossible to see.

Thank.

Sure! Here's the Pastebin for the PoB: https://pastebin.com/PkVV8kF3

The jewels (which I've updated a bit) are as follows:

"Spirit Eye" Large Cluster Jewel
Added Small Passives grant 12% increased Physical Dmg
Spoiler
- Force Multiplier (5% chance to deal Double Damage; 25% increased Physical Dmg)
- Master the Fundamentals (+10% to all Elem. Resists; 35% reduce Elem. Dmg; 35% increased Phys Dmg)
- Jewel Socket
- Iron Breaker (Enemies have -10% to Total Phys Dmg Reduction; 35% inc Phys Dmg)

"Foe Curio" Medium Cluster Jewel
Added Small Passives grant 10% increased Area Dmg
Spoiler
- Powerful Assault (20% increased Area Dmg; Area Skills have 10% chance to Knock Enemies Back on Hit)

"Damnation Vessel" Large Cluster Jewel
Added Small Passives grant 12% inc Phys Dmg
Spoiler
- Battle-Hardened (30% inc Evasion & Armour; 35% inc Phys Dmg)
- Force Multiplier (See above)
- Jewel Socket
- Master the Fundamental (See Above)

"Gale Ornament" Cobalt Jewel
Spoiler
- 15% inc Global Phys Dmg
- +9% to Global Crit Strike Multiplier
- 12% inc Area Dmg

And "Ring of Blades" Viridian Jewel
Last edited by bwam on Apr 25, 2020, 5:10:54 PM
Thank.

What do you think about the further development of the character?

-Second ring?
What else?

If we take the nodes for mana reservation, we can afford 6l.
Or do you see a different way of leveling your character?
What other things besides the ring would you like the build to fire?
Or is it still more a build for farm currency than for end-game bosses?
"
Mirinoy wrote:
Thank.

What do you think about the further development of the character?

-Second ring?
What else?

If we take the nodes for mana reservation, we can afford 6l.
Or do you see a different way of leveling your character?
What other things besides the ring would you like the build to fire?
Or is it still more a build for farm currency than for end-game bosses?

Yeah, the second ring would be huge. A 6L with the Mana Reservation nodes is an interesting idea.

I play SSF, so the only 6L I have is Tabula Rasa... But I could try running one and what I would do is this:

- Get rid of "Assassination" and the node before it (2 points)
- Get rid of "Annihilation" and the nodes before it (3 points)
- Get "Charisma" for a total of 12% reduced Mana Reservation
- Add an "Empower" (125% Mana Multiplier) to the 5L... But since I don't have one, and I play SSF, I'd have to add something else?

This build has done everything I've encountered so far successfully... Single-target or otherwise... but I haven't taken it as far as I probably should. I have a whole bunch of characters at maps, and I've been undisciplined about sticking to just one.

Last edited by bwam on Apr 25, 2020, 8:25:37 PM
Made an improvement:

[

New pastebin: https://pastebin.com/dT1hHceD

New Jewels:

"Dragon Prism" Large Cluster Jewel
Small Passive Skills grant 12% inc Phys Dmg

- Force Multiplier (5% to deal Double Dmg; 25% inc Phys Dmg)
- Master the Fundamentals (+10% to all El. Resists; 35% reduced El. Dmg; 35% [/b]inc. Phys Dmg)
- Jewel Socket
- Iron Breaker (Enemies have -10% to Total Phys Dmg Reduction against your Hits; 35% inc. Phys Dmg)

"Fulgent Vessel" Medium Cluster Jewel
Added Small Passive Skills grant 10% inc. Area Damage

- Powerful Assault (20% inc. Area Dmg; Area Skills have 10% chance to Knock Enemies Back on Hit)
- Assert Dominance (10% inc. Area Dmg; 15% inc. AoE if you've killed Recently; 10% inc. AoE if you've killed at least 5 Enemies Recently)

Also, I changed the EK links to SS-EK-Blind-Knockback:

Last edited by bwam on Apr 26, 2020, 7:21:11 PM
Hello!

I answer in PM here-)
I try the build, now I am level 68 and farm the aqueduct.
The build is funny, I don’t know what will be on the maps, but so far it’s quick and fun. Yesterday I sat on it until 7 in the morning.

I did not know what to buy from body armor. As a result, the carcass jack 5L took a test. After 70+ I’ll go to the laboratory and further on the quests.

If I don’t get bored, I will write about the results. But in this league this is probably the funniest build for me so far.

PS Check last pastebin - error 302 in it. Ty.
Last edited by Mirinoy on Apr 27, 2020, 3:30:09 PM
"
Mirinoy wrote:
Hello!

I answer in PM here-)
I try the build, now I am level 68 and farm the aqueduct.
The build is funny, I don’t know what will be on the maps, but so far it’s quick and fun. Yesterday I sat on it until 7 in the morning.

I did not know what to buy from body armor. As a result, the carcass jack 5L took a test. After 70+ I’ll go to the laboratory and further on the quests.

If I don’t get bored, I will write about the results. But in this league this is probably the funniest build for me so far.

PS Check last pastebin - error 302 in it. Ty.

You might want to check the top of my first post for the newest version, which is an improvement.
Hi,
thanks for this build idea! I was not familiar with the spellslinger concept but it looked quite fun.

I am currently leveling my own spellslinger and I am trying out some ideas to improve this build even further. Especially the defence layers might be improved

I have several ideas that I tried out to improve both offence and defence of the build:

1) Offence:
If you want to go into critical strikes you should go all in. This gives you a huge damage boost, if you have a high crit multiplier. To reach this, one can

- grab as many crit chance/multi nodes on the tree as possible.
- use this flask, which gives you probably the biggest boost in effective crit chance (apart from the super expensive Bottled Faith):

- additionally one can curse with Assasins Mark on hit with rings like these to get additional crit chance and to generate power charges, such that we don't need the support gem

My setup is still not perfect, but I already reach a 67% crit chance.

For another good damage boost you can link arcane surge to your movement spell.

2) Defence:

Dodge & Evasion
If we grab the Acrobatics node, I think it makes sense to go all in with dodge. It is actually pretty easy to reach 75% dodge/55% spell dodge with this character. Together with high evasion gear I get an 91% chance to avoid melee/projectile hits (so only 9% hit me, which does not help with one shots but gives much more time for life regeneration). For this we need
- all the tree nodes up to Phase Acrobatics
- this flask

- Boots with 10% dodge

- and the Lunaris Pantheon (ok, only if we have taken a hit recently, but still)
- the rest dodge chance comes from the ascendancy
- and take gear with high evasion rolls

Life regeneration
Do you only take your life regen from the Atziri's Promise? I thought this could be boosted further. Some ideas:
- Amulet with physical/fire damage life leech like this (no attack damage leech, which is useless for us as we only use spells, except for the Frenzy skill)

- life gain for each spell hit, which you can get on rings - as we hit very often with our spells this should give us decent instant life gain. I currently use this on both rings and it works pretty well

Reduced damage taken
As we still have some free gem slots, one could either use Shield Charge + Fortify to reduce damage taken or use an immortal call + CWDT (but I think fortify is stronger, but needs additional button hits).

This is my current PoB - still work in progress, but works pretty decent already: https://pastebin.com/MJ5Lnfm0

Thanks for your build inspiration and keep up going with the build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info