[3.10] Fireball Archmage Ignite Ascendant | MoM+Agnostic, 60/55 Dodge, 3M+ Ignite DoT | All Content

Saw the fireball damage buffs and was looking for a build. You think this will still be viable? will the fireball buffs do anything even though fevered mind and and mana cost boosting is dead?
Hi, I was just wondering how easy levelling with this build is. I noticed you were considering posting a levelling guide, which I would really appreciate. Thanks.
I would also love to see a levelling guide. Scion can get access to fireball through a witch or other start, but going a standard fireball levelling doesn't really work as we don't have access to combustion e.t.c
IGN: Flickerdart
Hi all,

I'll deep dive into the build tomorrow (before league start) but my immediate thoughts are that Voidbringer Gloves and Indigon could be the alternative to up the mana cost of skills.

If it works, I'll try to do a levelling guide as best I can otherwise I might declare the build dead
Last edited by Eathb on Jun 18, 2020, 6:10:45 AM
There is the new Forethought node to up the mana cost of skills, but it obviously doesn't make up for fevered mind stacking. Voidbringers / Apeps got nerfed as well to provide flat mana costs. I don't know if the added damage effectiveness of fireball of +60% makes up for it, but outside of that, there seems to be only indigons and manastorm.
IGN: Flickerdart
This is what I've ended up with for 3.11:

https://pastebin.com/rA78AhuD

I am not too certain on the Indigon mechanics but I see that the initial fireball cast will cost 1087 mana, resulting in the next cast costing 3478 mana and 4M ignite DPS.

We have 6.5K mana to use, so it's 2 casts before your mana depletes which is where you'd then need to flask. I am not sure how annoying this would be for mapping but single target does okay since you're just going to 2x cast, flask and run around anyway. Worst case is that you can unequip Indigon for mapping as it still pulls off over 2M ignite DPS.

As for a league starter or levelling, I don't think Fireball Scion is a good choice. It would be better to either:

1. Start with a Spellslinger spell build (Zizaran has multiple on his youtube) and follow the very similar tree. Spellslinger Purifying Flame/Fireball/Wave of Conviction actually looks like it will be very strong for a league starter.
2. Start as a Trickster and re-roll into a Scion as your second char with more mana focus.

If anyone has further thoughts, let me know.
Last edited by Eathb on Jun 18, 2020, 10:43:46 PM
Just taking a look, as i inted to adapt this, in you PoB you have vaal clarity, isn't it just bad to have? Since it makes it so your spells cost 0, it disables archmage support, so it just takes souls from vaal grace.

Excuse if i'm wrong in how this works
hey , i m doing a very similar build (highly inspired by yours , but might use hexblast for single target (on swap), it will probably compensate for the dmg issues ( rip fevered mind)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info