[3.10] Max Block Storm Brand Ascendant: Budget Friendly, Ultra Tanky, Fast Mapper, Deathless Sirus 8

"
Voodzzz wrote:
You can craft it yourself if you want

alt/regal or chaos spam it , sooner or later you will hit it :p

Yea I am about 2000 alterations in atm.
So holy crap, is that unnatural instinct really "worth" 22ex?
"
banthom wrote:
"
Voodzzz wrote:

As an FYI, you're only going to be able to get 2 notables and the jewel sockets using alt/regal spam. Once you have that set up, you have to slam the jewel and hope for another notable. That extra notable only helps by cutting out the need to spend one passive point, so it's not absolutely necessary, just helpful.
Buddha Bunny
"
buddhabunny wrote:
"
banthom wrote:
"
Voodzzz wrote:

As an FYI, you're only going to be able to get 2 notables and the jewel sockets using alt/regal spam. Once you have that set up, you have to slam the jewel and hope for another notable. That extra notable only helps by cutting out the need to spend one passive point, so it's not absolutely necessary, just helpful.

I ended up just Chaos spamming it till I got the three notables and 2 jewels. Expensive but seemed to be easier to get them that way.
Last edited by banthom on May 24, 2020, 12:32:02 PM
Wonderful build, the most fun I've had in this game. Very good for new players. It let me kill Sirus for the first time ever!

I hope it's still playable next league.

I'm running 2 LCG (8 passive, 3 notable, 2 socket each), 4 MCJ (4-5 passives each), 1 SCG with Confident Combatant just for fun; 5 Fevered Minds, acheap Clarity Watchers Eye for extra damage taken from mana before life, and of course a Glorious Vanity and Intuitive Leap. Probably 10-15 ex in at this point, but it was already good on a Tabula and even better at 2 ex.

I was also lucky to find a cheap shield that has Recover % Life When You Block, Recover % Mana When You Block, and Gain an Endurance, Frenzy, or Power Charge When You Block.

One neat thing is getting a corrupted Dream Fragments ring where the implicit cold resist is replaced with something more powerful (since I happen to have too much cold resist altogether) so I bought one cheap with Cast Speed.

I wonder if there are any other really good max block or otherwise super tanky bulids I should try?
3 passive points is worth a ton, I can value a point as an EX at least easily and im not even close to really min max.
This build is awesome, loving it. Deathless everything. Right now I am going down delve to see how far I can get. Currently around 380 with no problems at all. I am trying to choose between shields. I like the %es on block better because I can sit in darkness getting beat on a bit easier since MoM doesnt seem to work in the darkness. Any thoughts?

Also, any gear tips would be appreciated, I really would like to max my block without Rumi's but it seems kind of difficult finding the right shield

Last edited by nokken1 on May 25, 2020, 12:56:48 PM
I started this build yesterday and have reached level 73. I wanted to try an archmage build, and this is a great one.

Please correct the gloves links in your description, if you don't mind. You have Conduit listed instead of Conductivity. (It is correct in the POB).

I have failed to finish Sirius twice with other builds, so I am hoping this one is the one. It has done great so far in boss fights.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/gqgqrj/stormbrand_archmage_is_dead/

Enjoy it now boys and girls. I don't expect the same power next league.
Grinded my way to my first ever level 100. Sick build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info