[3.10] Max Block Storm Brand Ascendant: Budget Friendly, Ultra Tanky, Fast Mapper, Deathless Sirus 8

"
jhetao wrote:
This is my first League playing seriously and this is the first build I've played seriously.

I just got 4 Shaper fragments. How does this build do against Shaper?
Dude seems beefy and my PoB says my Shaper DPS is only 675k per brand.

You actually have 2 million damage per Brand? Did you select "brand is attached" in POB: https://pastebin.com/BtNNT6Vc

You will easily clear all three bosses, Shaper being the easiest. Do cap your elemental resistance.
Last edited by hitmantb on May 12, 2020, 10:22:50 AM
I only reach 2.000 ES, how did you reach so much energ shield my friend (5.000)?... Its so much difference...

And the "Storm Brand has a 18% chance to chain an additional time" enchantment, isn´t good too?...
Last edited by Vyr75 on May 12, 2020, 2:21:32 PM
still an amazing build. killed Sirus 4 finally. couldn't do it on my previous build, so that is a huge milestone. took 4 deaths, as I still don't know his sequence, but it's a win. gunning for a 20 sim next

couple of questions

gem levels - my Increased Duration, Fortify, and Shield Charge are all saying to get to level 20, they need 111, 111 and 115 strength. Did I make a bad choice in gear and not pick up enough strength, or did I miss something else somewhere.. I'm at 110 now. I could spend a point for a +30 str tree node, but I'd hate to waste it. can this be put into the faq, I had no idea of these gems needing str

I've looked at pretty much every profile of replies in this thread, is there a consensus on leveling out Brand Recall? the official POB has it at 5, some of you have it at 6 (with extra levels from gear like I have)

Some of you have some outright amazing shields (and other gear). Do most of you craft it? i've not seen anything remotely as good for sale, with 5% on both mana and shield recovery, or a combo with crit strike and mana on block (and not having huge piles of ex to spend)

I asked earlier, but as we are getting down in time for the league, how available is some of this gear on league start? especially the Uniques.. is it a couple days or weeks before we can build out?

and lastly, how bad do you think the nerf hammer will hit? this build is so powerful, I expect it to be nerfed at least some.
"
still an amazing build. killed Sirus 4 finally. couldn't do it on my previous build, so that is a huge milestone. took 4 deaths, as I still don't know his sequence, but it's a win. gunning for a 20 sim next

couple of questions

gem levels - my Increased Duration, Fortify, and Shield Charge are all saying to get to level 20, they need 111, 111 and 115 strength. Did I make a bad choice in gear and not pick up enough strength, or did I miss something else somewhere.. I'm at 110 now. I could spend a point for a +30 str tree node, but I'd hate to waste it. can this be put into the faq, I had no idea of these gems needing str

I've looked at pretty much every profile of replies in this thread, is there a consensus on leveling out Brand Recall? the official POB has it at 5, some of you have it at 6 (with extra levels from gear like I have)

Some of you have some outright amazing shields (and other gear). Do most of you craft it? i've not seen anything remotely as good for sale, with 5% on both mana and shield recovery, or a combo with crit strike and mana on block (and not having huge piles of ex to spend)

I asked earlier, but as we are getting down in time for the league, how available is some of this gear on league start? especially the Uniques.. is it a couple days or weeks before we can build out?

and lastly, how bad do you think the nerf hammer will hit? this build is so powerful, I expect it to be nerfed at least some.

Posted by
oldmetalguy

you don't need shield charge to be that high. you don't need any strength coming from gear, i have 90 strength and can use all gems needed for this build thanks to atziri's foible amulet.
Higher level of brand recall reduces the cool down of "recalling" your storm brands
I have bought all my gear, since i am a POE noob and have no idea about crafting.

"
I only reach 2.000 ES, how did you reach so much energ shield my friend (5.000)?... Its so much difference...
Last edited by Vyr75 on May 12, 2020, 8:19:20 PM

Posted by
Vyr75

You'll get the energy shield from:
- Glorious vanity
- your equipment
- watcher's eye %of max mana gained as extra energy shield
this is how i get to 5.7k energy shield

The chain enchant is not that good as the other ones, but if you play with controlled destruction or energy leech it is a good alternative to get the "chain".
Today i bought a helmet with storm brand damage penetration. Unfortunately it is extremely expensive ~40 Exalts.

Last edited by DreimitKraut on May 12, 2020, 2:33:34 PM
"

couple of questions

Do not focus on ES, do focus on life.
The only weak spot of this build is chaos damage.
Therefore we need high chaos resist and a good life pool.

A high mana pool gives you more ES because of Arcane Will.
And more life gives you more ES because of Glorious Vanity (20% extra ES from life).
ES is basically covered if you push mana and life.

Glorious Vanity spreads incoming damage to life and ES equally, therefore if you have more
ES than life its a complete waste and never gets used.

Since the incoming damage is spread, we can use both life and ES leech at same time.
Its a big part of our defence.

You are missing life and ES leech badly.
Life leech you get from Doryani's Lesson, either on a medium or large cluster jewel.
ES leech you get from Heart of Thunder, 1 point into the Ethereal Feast wheel or an Energy Leech support gem (instead of Chain or Controlled Destruction).

Using Battle Rouse looks like a good idea but the incoming damage is way lower than the outgoing and therefore the mana gain is just bad.

I wouldnt focus on recovery on block items either.
Never used them, never needed them, only quite useful when you do no regen maps alot. Then its a bit of a pain without recover.
Just tried one map once and its still doable. Disciple of Kitava jewel can be quite helpful then.

I expect quite the nerfhammer on Archmage and probably another drop on Fevered mind from 50% to 30-40%. Nevertheless the build itself will still be fantastic, maybe just a different skill has to be used then.
"
Xirce wrote:

And more life gives you more ES because of Glorious Vanity (20% extra ES from life).

Glorious Vanity spreads incoming damage to life and ES equally, therefore if you have more

Since the incoming damage is spread, we can use both life and ES leech at same time.

Life leech you get from Doryani's Lesson, either on a medium or large cluster jewel.
ES leech you get from Heart of Thunder, 1 point into the Ethereal Feast wheel or an Energy Leech support gem (instead of Chain or Controlled Destruction).

Using Battle Rouse looks like a good idea but the incoming damage is way lower than the outgoing and therefore the mana gain is just bad.

Never used them, never needed them, only quite useful when you do no regen maps alot. Then its a bit of a pain without recover.
Just tried one map once and its still doable. Disciple of Kitava jewel can be quite helpful then.

I expect quite the nerfhammer on Archmage and probably another drop on Fevered mind from 50% to 30-40%. Nevertheless the build itself will still be fantastic, maybe just a different skill has to be used then.

now I'm really confused

I am not that far off on any stat from the example POB at the top of the thread

here is mine:
(I use the POB Community Fork version)

https://pastebin.com/YbiFuXC1

POB can't deal with the Glorius Vanity correctly. In game, I have 3591 life, 7133 mana and 3085 max es. it's also wrong on the resists. mine are maxed and over, but not as much as POB thinks they are

I am missing the ES Leech/On Hit Rate that the thread POB has, but I've poured over it, and I can't find where it's coming from

"
"
Xirce wrote:

now I'm really confused

here is mine:

POB can't deal with the Glorius Vanity correctly. In game, I have 3591 life, 7133 mana and 3085 max es. it's also wrong on the resists. mine are maxed and over, but not as much as POB thinks they are

I am missing the ES Leech/On Hit Rate that the thread POB has, but I've poured over it, and I can't find where it's coming from

Heart of Thunder will give you energy shield leech.
"

now I'm really confused

here is mine:

I am sorry for confusing you.

As long as your life is higher or even to ES, you are doing fine.

You just need leech now.
The easiest but not the cheapest way is to allocate Hearth of Thunder instead of Battle Rouse.
Or you just remove Chain with Energy leech.

Life leech you only get from using a jewel cluster.
Make sure it has no more than 8 passive skills, Doryani's Lesson on it and at least 2 jewel sockets.
This way you have 1 socket free which is always good.
The perfect one has 2 jewel sockets and Scintillating Idea as well, but expect to pay 2 Ex and more since prices are up again.

Now you are missing 7 skill points.
Just take the 2 int ones from below Glorious Vanity and the other 5 from the Cursed Concoction wheel.
It will reduce your mana pool but life leech is just too important.
If you are afraid of loosing dps, the new jewel cluster is giving back plenty.

"
DreimitKraut wrote:
"
I started out with a hierophant storm brand and switched to this max block scion build. Both builds are able to clear all content except for uber atziri but this one feels much safer and smoother. My question is that when I look at POB my Hiero build has estimated dps of 3-4m but this one only around .6-.7m. In real play though it feels that the two builds have about the same level of power, would even say the max block build feels more powerful. Could someone take a look at my scion build and give me some pointers why dps seems low and what I could do to improve? Thanks in advance!

POB link: https://pastebin.com/hjLsFWnB

- Only 5 Fevered Mind, most use 6 or even 7 FM
- You did not allocate the LCJ socket on the top right, missing one medium cluster jewel with Grand Design and Brand Loyalty (or other setup for example, grand design + seeker runes, holy conquest + brand loyalty)
- you not using Glorious Vanity in the socket below MoM
- Use Unnatural instinct, if you can afford, or inuitive leap as a low budget in socket below pain attunement you win some passive points there
- you waste passive points on faith and steel, insight fuelness, you don't need Dex, activate jewel socket below mind drinker and socket a FM
- Empower on Brand Recall

What outcome are we looking for with glorious vanity? The one I socketed turns Mind over Matter to Corrupted Soul 50% of Non-Chaos damage taken bypasses Energy Shield/gain 20% of life as max energy shield, and arcanist dominion to Soul Worship which gives 8% increased energy shield and .3 spell energy shield leech.
How about using Skyforth? Is it worth, or just stick with rares?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info