Top 5 OP's currently

"
Milhausen wrote:
OK, my point is and AoF ranger can kill mobs with insane speed, and still have no problem with a single target. Discharge comes at a much steeper price to single targets. Now look at the leaderboard, why aren't there 8 marauders in the top 10? It's 80% ice witch/AoF, 20% discharge. There's a reason for that.

Why is the ladder full of ice witches anyways, if they're not 'OP' or whatever? Just a consistently strong build?
I see only 3 Witches in total in HC top 20 ladder :)
Mirror of Kalandra?
regen and lifeleech marauders with high health
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
Are we attempting to define OP(over-powered) Without an accurate bar of what is considered "Balanced"????

There-in lies your problem.
"
EpsiIon wrote:
Are we attempting to define OP(over-powered) Without an accurate bar of what is considered "Balanced"????

By all means I do admit that this thread was made in a haste, and has no solid reference point other than the personal perception of the author of this thread (me) and the feedback when questioning others - most of whom are in top 100 of the ladder.

"
cavemandiary2 wrote:
"
EpsiIon wrote:

By all means I do admit that this thread was made in a haste, and has no solid reference point other than the personal perception of the author of this thread (me) and the feedback when questioning others - most of whom are in top 100 of the ladder.

Thats completely irrelevant

The fact is, and the reason why half the discussions are invalid on this board is, the devs have yet to come out and say "This is balanced, this is what it should look like"

Now this is a particularly hard point to agree on, becuase of the general and overall freedom afforded by the system in this game.

AoF is a glasscannon dps monster

Dischargers are an incredibly tanky huge aoe burst monster with very little downside other then lacking single target damage.

Witches are somewhere in between.

Flicker Strike is more or less THE god of single target melee.

For there to be balance, there must be a point in which things are BALANCED around.

Fact is, without a point in which they say "THIS IS BALANCED" then we are debating not OP, but the most POWERFUL builds, which =/= overpowered.

"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
cavemandiary2 wrote:
"
EpsiIon wrote:

Thats completely irrelevant

The fact is, and the reason why half the discussions are invalid on this board is, the devs have yet to come out and say "This is balanced, this is what it should look like"

Now this is a particularly hard point to agree on, becuase of the general and overall freedom afforded by the system in this game.

AoF is a glasscannon dps monster

Dischargers are an incredibly tanky huge aoe burst monster with very little downside other then lacking single target damage.

Witches are somewhere in between.

Flicker Strike is more or less THE god of single target melee.

For there to be balance, there must be a point in which things are BALANCED around.

Fact is, without a point in which they say "THIS IS BALANCED" then we are debating not OP, but the most POWERFUL builds, which =/= overpowered.

So basically you think that I should have used the word "most powerful", instead of "Overpowered". Oh ok..
It seems like nitpicking, but honestly it isn't. Its a huge issue in the forums where everyone is just blatantly saying AoF is OP when really, it isn't OP. It just lets physical DPS'rs compete with spell DPS'rs.
I guess we'll just have to disagree. The way I see it, AoF not only competes, but severely outperforms any other spell DPS'er out there, except for a well built discharger.
"
cavemandiary2 wrote:
I guess we'll just have to disagree. The way I see it, AoF not only competes, but severely outperforms any other spell DPS'er out there, except for a well built discharger.

Well made Spell/wand witches are in competition and summoners (Once AI's are fixed and other builds) will be in competition aswell.

And while AoF may have damage, compared to several marauder/ templar builds (That aren't aof or discharger) deal less dps, are signifigantly more tanky.

This is another issue, people are balancing more or less, solely on damage. Tankiness is being accounted for very little if any of the balancing. Most note-worthy mention is to a discharger, who is still stupidly hard to kill if you can micro-manage flasks, skills, charges and immortal call.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info