[HC] Planned DW Elemental Cleave build viable?

Hello everyone,

I currently have a 36 Marauder enjoying elemental cleave. I've been doing some research on some of the posted elemental cleave builds as I've been playing:

- Kripp's build at exilepro
- ReverendBizzarre Templar build on these forums

There definitely seems to be many more Templar builds around for cleave. I came up with the following early/mid/late game builds based on the fact this is my first HC character without a large pool of resources (BM passive instead of gem):

Anyone see any horrible mistakes with my build? I'm still not sure on the path I should take to get from the mid -> late game build (Static blows before IR, or the opposite). I also am unsure if I'll run into a hard time keeping stats up for the fast rapiers.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Hey wougoose!

I have a marauder at level 74 right now running an elemental cleave build and i really enjoy this kind of play style, it's very fast paced and exciting. It is very dangerous in some maps though and not as efficient as ranged builds, sadly, but it's doable if you take it easy and pay attention to your surroundings.

Here's the build I'm going for
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQx9Dq0QfxQgFE0Y2xkuGYUaOBv6HRQhYCSqJd8n7Si1KaUyCTKJNug26TpSPAVAoEOcRmlG10d-Sn1QR1BQVElVxlcNV-JYY1ivWfNbr18_YEtgiGEhYVJlTWaeZ6BnvW5pcql07XTxd-V4DXrvfNmDOITZhO-HKYd2i4yMz49GkFWboZ65ns2fy5_fogCkGacIpzCnhKvFrKq4k7ndvoq-p8APwBrGnsbYz2XQ0NIh0k3Uj9lh3Q3fv-Fz4urjaudS7DjtIO5v7w7vTu988i_z3fZI-tL8xQ==

That's very late game though! I am using Elemental Proliferation in my 5L with cleave btw, and it is awesome.

As for your question, i would definitely get IR first. As a melee you really need as much defense as you can get. IR -> IF -> SB.
My Supporter Pack list compensates for my small penis.
"
wougoose wrote:
Hello everyone,

I currently have a 36 Marauder enjoying elemental cleave. I've been doing some research on some of the posted elemental cleave builds as I've been playing:

- Kripp's build at exilepro
- ReverendBizzarre Templar build on these forums

There definitely seems to be many more Templar builds around for cleave. I came up with the following early/mid/late game builds based on the fact this is my first HC character without a large pool of resources (BM passive instead of gem):

Anyone see any horrible mistakes with my build? I'm still not sure on the path I should take to get from the mid -> late game build (Static blows before IR, or the opposite). I also am unsure if I'll run into a hard time keeping stats up for the fast rapiers.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Both the same build by the same person, VicDoom/VictorDoom. If you need help he's pretty good about answering questions in his thread.
Thank you both for your responses! Glad to know my path wasn't completely ridiculous. I'll definitely see if I can chat with Vic on his thread :)
Last edited by haingoc86 on Mar 23, 2013, 7:47:52 AM
I share a lot of thoughts with haingoc86 here. I'm working on a very similar ele-cleave build right now.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info