[3.10] SSF Hierophant Archmage Storm Brand | 2.3m+ Shaper DPS | League Starter | All Content

"
007noctis wrote:
Block with lethal pride and regen is certainly very good; just somewhat inconsistent even at very high values. Death typically comes in single, devastating blows; high eHP pools and mitigations is what ultimately keeps you alive. Ref. your lvl 90 tree, the thing that stands out the most in your build is the lack of endurance charges. Enduring cry is a single gem slot, yet provides 12% reduced phys dmg taken. For an extra 2 skill points, you can bump that up to 16%. Nothing to scoff at for sure. Also, this build benefits massively from wise oak; a heavy investment to balance, but certainly worthwhile.

I will include your suggestion in the build guide, thanks for helping to improve the build for HC.
Just wanted to say I've not played much Heiro (or Storm Brand) builds but I am enjoying lvling this one. Shall see how far I can get ... you made it to lvl 100, so ... ;)
"
martyl48 wrote:
Just wanted to say I've not played much Heiro (or Storm Brand) builds but I am enjoying lvling this one. Shall see how far I can get ... you made it to lvl 100, so ... ;)

Glad you enjoy the build. This is my first lv100 character, which for a long time I really enjoy the build. So far for me with this build is, the less I die the more I can enjoy. :)
just got to 72 with this guy, was a breeze and only 1 death! what is a good large cluster i can use? thanks for the guide btw
"
skyez0r wrote:
just got to 72 with this guy, was a breeze and only 1 death! what is a good large cluster i can use? thanks for the guide btw

Hope you enjoy the build. The best large cluster jewels from my testing so far are the lightning version and spell version. Lightning version will give you more damage while the spell damage version can roll spell block which is valuable for this build too. You can check the cluster jewel section on which notable to roll.
"
jitkang wrote:
"
skyez0r wrote:

Hope you enjoy the build. The best large cluster jewels from my testing so far are the lightning version and spell version. Lightning version will give you more damage while the spell damage version can roll spell block which is valuable for this build too. You can check the cluster jewel section on which notable to roll.

thanks for the fast reply, yes lots of fun, i'm using the LL version with ivory tower since i'm playing trade league, super strong
Just started a fresh SSF run with this character. I am looking forward to it as the progression seems fun! I do have a question as it seems like this is really strong based on the forever brand duration from brand recall. How bad or difficult to manage your casts/mana until that point? I won't have the helm or empower for a bit :) Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
I will say assigning Brand Recall to Space Bar makes qol so much better!
"
martyl48 wrote:
I will say assigning Brand Recall to Space Bar makes qol so much better!

you can also put it on left click now which will auto cast it and move, i found that my favorite way to play it
"
Goatdemon wrote:
Just started a fresh SSF run with this character. I am looking forward to it as the progression seems fun! I do have a question as it seems like this is really strong based on the forever brand duration from brand recall. How bad or difficult to manage your casts/mana until that point? I won't have the helm or empower for a bit :) Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

You should probably avoid using too much Fevered Mind, maybe just 1 or 2 for the moment, since the mana cost get really annoying if you need to recast often for Storm Brand. The helmet is pretty easy to find like I have seen over 30 drops on the way to lv100. Empower would need so luck to drop, but won't be extremely rare. Before you get both, you probably just have to depend on your Enduring Mana Flask and mana regeneration to manage the casting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info