[3.10] SSF Hierophant Archmage Storm Brand | 2.3m+ Shaper DPS | League Starter | All Content

Hi, i'm having a lot of fun with the build, already did sirius lv8, elder and shaper.

Although i'm pretty tanky, killing bosses takes a long time, some tips to get more damage? playing in trade league btw i have like 10ex to invest.

"
007noctis wrote:
Cool build, like the concept. Execution-wise however makes me wonder many things. Your build is anything but invincible as you claim. Here's my current SSF HC version I got going. Obviously if I got lucky and got a glancing blows going I would focus more on block and run a Rumis. Happily running full-mist T16s currently, with level 19 gems. Pretty solid build for sure.

https://pastebin.com/sJ0VSnb5

Big takeaways from my SSF HC variant:

-Allocated Battle Cry on your foible. Get the extra endurance charge near templar, and spam enduring cry for 4 endurance charges. You don't need more damage, so why bother allocating Runesmith?
-Used Cyclone with fortify, infused channeling, LGoH. Enough said.
-Balanced resists for Oak. 10% reduced ele dmg taken is no joke.
-Have a ring & belt swap handy for 75 chaos resist when needed. Replace Wise Oak with a basalt flask.

Regards,
007noctis

Edit: Also, I could never understand why you run EE. Explain please?

You definitely have more damage as you are using Pledge of Hands. Tankiness wise I am not sure if your build will be much more tanky than a shield variant, since you are losing out hp/mana/es recover on block. You can probably swap out ele focus for other gem since the damage is possible to shock bosses.

I am pretty sure you will be more tanky if you can get a soul tether belt and wise oak is also no joke, but just that it is difficult for me to balance the resist and I am also lazy to micro manage the flask during end game boss fight.

Also, which EE are you referring to?
"
damigodun wrote:
Hi, i'm having a lot of fun with the build, already did sirius lv8, elder and shaper.

Although i'm pretty tanky, killing bosses takes a long time, some tips to get more damage? playing in trade league btw i have like 10ex to invest.

Your gear seems to be doing fine, but missing cluster jewel. Brand cluster jewel give more damage than fevered mind, get one lightning cluster jewel and 2 brand cluster jewel, and you can socket another 2 fevered mind in the brand cluster jewel.

If you have noticed, Inpulsa don't explode all the mob reliably because we don't have 100% shock chance. If you want to invest, the Crusader's explode chest is worth getting or crafting since it make us immune to all corpse explosion and porcupine spike.

If you want more damage, pledge of hand is pretty good for this build, but of course you will lose out benefit and tankiness of using a shield, including hp recover on block. Also wise oak will be useful if you can balance your resists.
Hi, why don't you use Supercharge (Lightning Damage with Non-Critical Strikes is Lucky) in large cluster jewel?
"
Jurg1ss wrote:
Hi, why don't you use Supercharge (Lightning Damage with Non-Critical Strikes is Lucky) in large cluster jewel?

I have tested out the notable in PoB but it gives less damage than the other two notable I have, that's why I stick with the current one. If you tested and it works better for you, you can probably stick with it.
"
jitkang wrote:
"
damigodun wrote:

Your gear seems to be doing fine, but missing cluster jewel. Brand cluster jewel give more damage than fevered mind, get one lightning cluster jewel and 2 brand cluster jewel, and you can socket another 2 fevered mind in the brand cluster jewel.

If you have noticed, Inpulsa don't explode all the mob reliably because we don't have 100% shock chance. If you want to invest, the Crusader's explode chest is worth getting or crafting since it make us immune to all corpse explosion and porcupine spike.

If you want more damage, pledge of hand is pretty good for this build, but of course you will lose out benefit and tankiness of using a shield, including hp recover on block. Also wise oak will be useful if you can balance your resists.

Apologies, I had a different PoB pulled up. Please disregard the EE comment.

I'll give soul tether a try - the extra sustain can't be terrible, although the reduced crit damage taken from deceiver is certainly valuable.

The main issue I have with relying on block to stay alive is the lack of an entropy mechanic with it. There is absolutely nothing preventing a 75% block chance from failing 100 times in a row. Block and dodge are horrendous for HC play given their inconsistency. I'm strongly considering dropping all black altogether to get a bit more of a hp/mana pool.

Edit: Soul Tether is some pretty sweet sustain, thanks for the suggestion!
Last edited by 007noctis on Apr 18, 2020, 7:57:50 AM
"
007noctis wrote:

I'll give soul tether a try - the extra sustain can't be terrible, although the reduced crit damage taken from deceiver is certainly valuable.

The main issue I have with relying on block to stay alive is the lack of an entropy mechanic with it. There is absolutely nothing preventing a 75% block chance from failing 100 times in a row. Block and dodge are horrendous for HC play given their inconsistency. I'm strongly considering dropping all black altogether to get a bit more of a hp/mana pool.

I do agree that the reduced crit damage taken is from deceiver belt is valuable, but soul tether just give so much sustain due to leech not removed at full life effect, making the character always have full hp and es, and as a result higher effective hp to prevent one shot.

You are right that nothing can prevent block from failing all the times. As far as I experienced after setting up full block, I rarely had my life drop below 70%, unless it is a really big hit. Against many small hits, the glancing blow together with life recover on block is really good. However, I don't really suggest getting full block unless you have a Lethal Pride jewel and is going to use a life recover on block shield.

If you can get more life % from passives, it is definitely good for more survivability, but doing so might not be very efficient unless you can afford to sacrifice some damage for more life. Since you are using a Staff, I guess Kaom's Heart is a viable option here if you have one, but will be losing out 6 sockets.

Since I am not a HC player, so I can only assume most of the things based on my playing experience. I hope you don't mind I just share my SC experience with you.
Hi!

jitkang, thx for your build.
It very convenient for a player like me to have a proved functionnal build to follow.

Are you still playing it ?

ty.
"
jitkang wrote:
"
007noctis wrote:

I do agree that the reduced crit damage taken is from deceiver belt is valuable, but soul tether just give so much sustain due to leech not removed at full life effect, making the character always have full hp and es, and as a result higher effective hp to prevent one shot.

You are right that nothing can prevent block from failing all the times. As far as I experienced after setting up full block, I rarely had my life drop below 70%, unless it is a really big hit. Against many small hits, the glancing blow together with life recover on block is really good. However, I don't really suggest getting full block unless you have a Lethal Pride jewel and is going to use a life recover on block shield.

If you can get more life % from passives, it is definitely good for more survivability, but doing so might not be very efficient unless you can afford to sacrifice some damage for more life. Since you are using a Staff, I guess Kaom's Heart is a viable option here if you have one, but will be losing out 6 sockets.

Since I am not a HC player, so I can only assume most of the things based on my playing experience. I hope you don't mind I just share my SC experience with you.

Block with lethal pride and regen is certainly very good; just somewhat inconsistent even at very high values. Death typically comes in single, devastating blows; high eHP pools and mitigations is what ultimately keeps you alive. Ref. your lvl 90 tree, the thing that stands out the most in your build is the lack of endurance charges. Enduring cry is a single gem slot, yet provides 12% reduced phys dmg taken. For an extra 2 skill points, you can bump that up to 16%. Nothing to scoff at for sure. Also, this build benefits massively from wise oak; a heavy investment to balance, but certainly worthwhile.
"
Tof1122 wrote:
Hi!

jitkang, thx for your build.
It very convenient for a player like me to have a proved functionnal build to follow.

Are you still playing it ?

ty.

Hey, I am glad you are liking the build. Meanwhile I am already done with the league, but I will still answer questions here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info