60 skill points to spend in one go

Hey guys,

I was cleaning up some characters I don't really play any more and I found out that due to an earlier patch one of my Marauders' skill points were reset.

So feel free to recommend me a fun build to play. I think I have almost all of the skill gems and all support gems (including chain and gmp!), as well as a lot of 4L gear (no 5L yet).

Another way to read this thread is: what would YOU do with a blank slate Marauder and all gems available.

Cheers!
Freeze Pulser cuz its fun!
LA Mara
EK Mara

all fun choices
"
Pines45 wrote:
Freeze Pulser cuz its fun!
LA Mara
EK Mara

all fun choices

so basically the 3 builds used by 80%+ of all players.

Something to think about (something im contemplating on doing myself) Is a blood magic bow marauder who uses either explosive arrow or burning arrow. I think the explosive arrow would work better since it doesnt need any weapon elemental dmg or + xx - xx fire damage gear in order to scale. Wanted to make a build with quill rain to stack the explosive arrow fuses fast on a single mob from a group and then have them explode spreading burning damage to surrounding mobs (elemental proliferation support gem).

basically the builds key points are:

Quill Rain unique bow (for the 3.11 attacks per sec)

at least 4 linked (elemental proliferation, chance to ignite, increased area of effect and fire penetration

secondary skill with split arrow, chain, life on hit + whatever you want on it as a fourth (just not fire damage)

Keystones to get (assuming youre around lvl 60?) - Blood magic, Resolute technique, elemental equilibrium (this means you can have a secondary skill and with wrath aura you will spread lightning dmg on the mobs before using explosive arrow to trigger the resistance debuff for fire)

this build is interesting and nice since its not very gear dependent in the sense that you dont need to stack damage affixes on your gear and you MUST NOT get fire dmg on gear in any other form than % fire damage increase because if you get the + xx- xx fire damage on your gloves or jewelry for example elemental equilibrium will not be effective.

anyways, if you want a more elaborate description of this idea Pastromy has made a guide about this idea on exilepro but i would tweak the passive tree to not waste as many points.

heres an idea of the passive tree for an endgame explosive arrow marauder (if you have any questions about it hit me up with a PM and ill be glad to answer)
Interesting, a blood magic bow marauder makes sense since you can get a lot of regen early on. I think I'm going to keep my char and wait till the new melee support gems are released maybe then I can start away with some melee build in mind.

Or bow, because elemental hit has both melee and bow in its description so it has to work with the splash support gem... who knows have to test that one out.
I'm going to spec into the explosive arrow build on exile pro. Sounds like a lot of fun.
I recommend this Mareplar build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEsw5yD1QUIBRNGS4aOBznIPAhAiFVJIsn7Sr2Mok5DjwFPQ9EckTnUEdQUFRJVw1X4lhjXp9fP2oeajtyqXdid-V7jHxLfLt82YM4hMSKdIzPkFWdgJ7Nn9-iAKcwp4SoGKlorKq53cT2xYrG2NIh2WHcPd6W51LqGOwZ7DjvDu988B_yL_ZI
"
Xylant wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEsw5yD1QUIBRNGS4aOBznIPAhAiFVJIsn7Sr2Mok5DjwFPQ9EckTnUEdQUFRJVw1X4lhjXp9fP2oeajtyqXdid-V7jHxLfLt82YM4hMSKdIzPkFWdgJ7Nn9-iAKcwp4SoGKlorKq53cT2xYrG2NIh2WHcPd6W51LqGOwZ7DjvDu988B_yL_ZI

I dont understand all the wasted points. And plus, you have spent like 7-8 points on resists? thats useless. especially for a build that doesnt even go past lvl 55ish. youve gonna be in merciless yes, but its waaay too easy to cap out resists through gear. Also, i wouldnt recommend using passive skill points just to get +10 str or +10 dex... use the points to get to key stones and life nodes and beneficial multi-property nodes. You should search for builds that maximise the gain from the amount of points you place. here would be a tweaked version of the build you just linked (assuming this is for a leap slammer?)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsw48D1QUIBRNFHEZLhmFGjgkqiftKS4yiTbpOlI8BT38QapEck3YUEdQUFRJVgRX4lhjWfNfP2FSZp5yqXflfLh82YFvgziExIZginSMdozPkFWePJ_Ln9-iAKcwp4SpaKyqud3AGsbY1I_jaudS7DjvDu988B_yL_Pd9kj3Mvjr-tI=

This build takes into consideration the fact that you are a melee character and therefore must be within melee attack range of enemy mobs. If you dont get unwavering stance (cannot evade attacks cannot be stunned) you run a much higher risk of being killed due to being stunned by goat-men for example or any other mobs for that matter. Sacrificing a bit of damage yes but also leaving a few points free to be placed where needed/wanted. also not the significantly higher life the player would have using this setup.

From this build it would be very easy to spec into Blood Magic as you could sustain your life with life leech and probably even simple life regen with a bit higher life seeing as there are some easily accessible life / life regen nodes available south of the duelist area. Also some nice armor nodes just above unwavering stance would increase your tankiness as you continued to build onward. (I would also strongly recommend getting Iron Reflexes to synergize with the Grace aura)
"
Xylant wrote:

of course you can recommend me that build ;)
But dude seriously read up on some other builds there's a lot of waste in yours and desperately needs a rethink or two.

I've been playing the explosive arrow build for a couple of hours and it is a lot of fun.
After spending my well deserved currency on items and quality gems and trying to get the correct colours and links I started of where I left of in Sarns Cruel.

Well that didn't work out well, because I forgot that all of the damage comes from the gem itself and it was level 1 :)

So I gave all my gems to my ele cleave crit marauder
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEBwSzBVsIZwx9EH8UTRW4GS4ZhRo4Gmwc3B8CJIskqiftKPopTyq6LUcyiTbFNuk62DwFPQ89X0ZxRtdN2FBCUFBSU1RJVUtX4lhjXz9gbW17d-V8u4KbgziLjIw2jHaMz5BVkyeVIJYyl5WX9J2Ana6f36IApwinhK7PtAy1SLiTud3E9saextjIW9SP2CTa3d3z4XPjauQi51Lrjuvu7DjtIO8O73zwH_Iv83Hz3fZI to farm sarns merciless and level my gems accordinglyy.

Today I started playing with my leveled gems and boy is it fun I can see the potential at later levels with elemental equilibrium. I breezed through the whole of act 3 and am now in Merciless ledge, maybe I farm that some bit because my gear is, apart from the resist, crap. Apart from this ring

Oh I'm blood magic now, so whoopdefucikingdoo on the 50% mana regen.

In all it is something to recommend, especially since this build has endgame written all over it, it will benefit from all quality gems, so better start saving up on them gcps
glad to hear youre enjoying the build :P After my death on my 82 wander i have yet to reroll. Im probably gonna do the version of the explosive arrow build i posted earlier but might also wait for the new support gems to be released for melee after the 1 week race and roll a melee build
Gameplay is very nice and rewarding. Since I play on scrubcore I don't need a Kaoms as the build suggests,I'm going to use a 5 link on my split arrow and link it with culling strike since that makes boss fights a lot easier.

This also means I have 4 additional gems slots to fill, at the moment I use fire trap for additional aoe over time and lightning warp for mobility. I'm thinking of also using poison arrow since that skill scales damage on its own and doesn't need passives to become powerful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info