[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

"
jbmcarth wrote:
Finally managed a sirus kill at A7, though with 2 deaths. Amusingly enough it was with chain active bc I forgot to switch in controlled destruction. With current build and the right boss setup I have ~6.6m dps. 5.1m if you dont count vaal righteous fire, which is rarely up.

Lvl 6 clarity + lvl 1 blood magic brings my ES up by 200, which is a pretty non-negligible benefit. I hadn't been using it bc I don't have watchers yet, but I should. Pity, since I've been using the sockets for portal and to hold my gem swap.

I typically have portal on weapon swap under all the skill butttons. That way I can just press 'x' then space bar and be happy.
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
jbmcarth wrote:
Finally managed a sirus kill at A7, though with 2 deaths. Amusingly enough it was with chain active bc I forgot to switch in controlled destruction. With current build and the right boss setup I have ~6.6m dps. 5.1m if you dont count vaal righteous fire, which is rarely up.

Lvl 6 clarity + lvl 1 blood magic brings my ES up by 200, which is a pretty non-negligible benefit. I hadn't been using it bc I don't have watchers yet, but I should. Pity, since I've been using the sockets for portal and to hold my gem swap.

I typically have portal on weapon swap under all the skill butttons. That way I can just press 'x' then space bar and be happy.

Can you tell me how to calculate dps correctly in POB? I copied your 17.5M DPS pastebin to POB and the number is nowhere near 17M. What should be ticked or change in the configuration? Thanks
"
radityakat wrote:
Can you tell me how to calculate dps correctly in POB? I copied your 17.5M DPS pastebin to POB and the number is nowhere near 17M. What should be ticked or change in the configuration? Thanks

For OP's current tree, tick off flasks on items. On config when in combat:
Power Charges
Endurance Charges
Onslaught

Skill Options:
Exposure type: lightning
# of brands attached to enemy: 2

For Effective DPS:
tick crit chance lucky
enemy on Consecrated Ground
Is enemy a boss: Shaper/Guardian or Sirus

For skills, you can leave the Arcane Cloak and Arcane Surge on and assume constant uptime, just keep in mind that even with full refresh, if you lose the Cloak shield you also lose it's damage buff. Untick Vaal RF because that's an infrequent burst.

Shows about 16.7M which is close enough.

EDIT: Not sure since I haven't used the old PoB in awhile, but you may need the community fork for some of the options.
Last edited by Jolo0213 on May 11, 2020, 10:59:03 AM
Thanks jbmcarth, Jolo0213 and f1rstborn for your clear explanations :), now the build seems much more comfortable!
IGN: Pandemia
IGN: Aqueronte (Leveling atm)
"
Hi there,
this is my current POB. https://pastebin.com/FfKXuZjz

I tried two things right now, either going with Sanctuary of Thought and have 8.3k ES and 9.8k mana, or doubled everything with only 5.5k ES and 9.6k mana. To be honest, it feels safer to go with SoT, however my clear speed become faster when i drop the SoT and go for CoP. You might want to have enough ES to make sure you are able to run through the map and use the Vaal discipline whenever you feel like need of it. I changed some of my gems setup, mostly because of playing preferences. I don't like using Vaal RF, so i dropped it. I moved the arcane surge to the brand recall, to make sure i get the permanent arcane surge just by holding LMB (you want your Brand recall mana cost : arcane surge mana spend is no more than 1:3, example 100 mana cost brand recall : <300 arcane surge mana spend). And due to miscalculation, my fire res is only 70, however i still manage to kill all bosses deathless at least once.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for your pob it seems from that I derived I ned better gear you have a lot for mana im missing on rings and wand,so for now I went defensive talents a bit without all the crit and il probably fall back at crit once I get enough mana.
Secondly arcane surge on recall on left click is amazing QoL I think that evne maybe resolves all my problems since I always used E shortcut to recall them now they just recall at max cooldown and you just run around dodging,and I don't evne have my merc lab for the arcane surge dmg increase node.
All in all thanks a lot,guess I just grind now.
Last edited by nayfear on May 11, 2020, 1:12:21 PM
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
radityakat wrote:

For OP's current tree, tick off flasks on items. On config when in combat:
Power Charges
Endurance Charges
Onslaught

Skill Options:
Exposure type: lightning
# of brands attached to enemy: 2

For Effective DPS:
tick crit chance lucky
enemy on Consecrated Ground
Is enemy a boss: Shaper/Guardian or Sirus

For skills, you can leave the Arcane Cloak and Arcane Surge on and assume constant uptime, just keep in mind that even with full refresh, if you lose the Cloak shield you also lose it's damage buff. Untick Vaal RF because that's an infrequent burst.

Shows about 16.7M which is close enough.

EDIT: Not sure since I haven't used the old PoB in awhile, but you may need the community fork for some of the options.

Thanks! Might try that on the POB !
"
nayfear wrote:

Thanks a lot for your pob it seems from that I derived I ned better gear you have a lot for mana im missing on rings and wand,so for now I went defensive talents a bit without all the crit and il probably fall back at crit once I get enough mana.
Secondly arcane surge on recall on left click is amazing QoL I think that evne maybe resolves all my problems since I always used E shortcut to recall them now they just recall at max cooldown and you just run around dodging,and I don't evne have my merc lab for the arcane surge dmg increase node.

Sure things! I guess the arcane surge links are all about preferences. I use CwDT on arcane cloak so that I have less button to press. Same goes with WoC with the trigger socketed spell and that's the only reason why i linked arcane surge with brand recall, since it is the only button i pressed all the time. Personally, the best possibilities are awakened curse on hiy lvl 5 with 2 curse, and manual WOC for leap of DPS. But for me, the less button I should work with, the more I enjoy the game :)
"
radityakat wrote:
"
nayfear wrote:

Sure things! I guess the arcane surge links are all about preferences. I use CwDT on arcane cloak so that I have less button to press. Same goes with WoC with the trigger socketed spell and that's the only reason why i linked arcane surge with brand recall, since it is the only button i pressed all the time. Personally, the best possibilities are awakened curse on hiy lvl 5 with 2 curse, and manual WOC for leap of DPS. But for me, the less button I should work with, the more I enjoy the game :)

I feel this on the deepest level. The only reason I switched it to cloak (original guide had it CwDT) was holding buttons down doesn't bother me. My brain forgets that's what I'm actually doing.
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
radityakat wrote:
"
nayfear wrote:

I feel this on the deepest level. The only reason I switched it to cloak (original guide had it CwDT) was holding buttons down doesn't bother me. My brain forgets that's what I'm actually doing.

Yes, thank god for buffering!
Hey guys, I am new to the build so please bear with me on this.

How do I increase my ES? I have most of the gear required but I am nowhere near half of what you guys have, what am I missing? Am I simply just missing passives at this point or something else?

I'd be delighted with your feedback.

https://pastebin.com/4FUB0XZY
Last edited by CreedAventus on May 13, 2020, 2:04:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info