3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

Hi

I'm not following this build but the von vikton's build.
I know i'm still leveling my gems but i'm near 20/20 on each. And I'm confused because i'm lacking a lot of dps...

Here is my PoB if someone could have a look and help me.

Thank you guys

https://pastebin.com/B3jUTSS7
"
Tsyfer wrote:
Hi

I know i'm still leveling my gems but i'm near 20/20 on each. And I'm confused because i'm lacking a lot of dps...

Thank you guys

I'm getting ~3.7m dps per golem in PoB, which a fairly good amount of dps for a build that is not done. Usually people I've seen, have way less lol.

But, your Aura effect is only 213%, you should push it as highe as possible. Some of your medium cluster jewels are not fully crafted yet I suppose. You know, this build is all about Aura effect.

Drop predator, you don't need it, cause your golems are aggressive thanks to Primordial Might. Use Minion Damage instead, there's a ~25% dps difference between Predator non-marked and Minion Damage. And marked dps is similar to a lvl21/20% Minion Damage, that is btw pretty cheap to get. And we usually only mark bosses, so it's not really helpful in maps/heists/delve/blight/etc.

Another thing you could do, get some more Aura effects from 6 passives Medium cluster jewels (First Among, Replennish), get 2x Rotten Claws on Large Cluster jewels instead of Feasting Fiend, drop Impale Support for Damage on Full Life, use a lvl20 Divergent Dread Banner (or lvl21 normal Dread Banner also work until you get the divergent one), use Awakened Generosity lvl5. You now have 99% impale chance (with Divergent Dread Banner) or 86% impale chance (it works, don't worry) with normal Dread Banner at lvl 95. So you really want Divergent to get the most of the build when you can afford it.

You now end up with ~1.7x your current dps (from 3.7m to 6.2m in PoB), but can push it even higher with awakened gems, AG gear (that I dont have in PoB), get some GG rares instead of uniques, etc.

Those changes require you to be at least lvl 95 to be 100% effective, but if I simulate lvl 92 in PoB, you could still end up with 1.2x of your current damage, and each more level will crank the dps by a ton.

You can also get some better Ghastly jewels, a GG convoking wand, helm enchant, etc.

Also, I just noticed that your chaos resistance is 0%... you might really want to fix that asap also.

There's a forum build guide that as a similar build here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2882940 if you want to take a look. Von Vikton build is litterally a copy of the build on that forum page.

Edit: I realized I forgot to activate Haste and disable Vaal Haste (PoB don't do it by default), so the dps numbers are a bit off, but the % are right.
Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Feb 27, 2021, 10:25:20 AM
"
Trebien75 wrote:
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:
Hello all!

I think i'm pretty much done with the build now (couple tweaks and divines here and there, but i'm satisfied), I've been testing different setups this my final version with Carrion Golems, for those who are interested.

It's really really hard to die with this setup (have died once to Delve's darkness, thanks to lag, so not really the build's neither my fault lol, since level 90). Damage is still pretty good (althought lower then in 3.12), but still insta phase all bosses, clear juiced maps, 100% delirous maps, simulacrums, maven, etc. easily.

Build details:
Spoiler

A helmet with +2/+3 socketed minion gems AND Minion Life (the gem or the mod, like I have on my helm) is pretty much required for endgame content, otherwise zombies and spectres (especially chieftains) are going to die pretty easily all the time, and you risk your AG if he doesn't have insane gear.

I prefer Juju for the huge tankiness, aura effects and easy chaos resistance, but a +1/+1 amulet, with +1 minimum endurance charge is also a really good (and high-end) alternative.

I was finally able to craft something similar to the staff we had in Harvest league for pretty cheap.

But, 2x CIP also work perfectly

2x

4x

1x (Not mandatory, but a substantial damage mitigation)

The usual golem jewels (at least 2 Harmony and 1 Eminence)

Divine Flesh to mitigate Chaos/Elemental damage

Foridden Taste is nice for insta regen and phasing. Rumi's is always good. Taste of Hate actually makes the build able to tank more phys damage, by converting it to cold, which is 50% mitigated by the 83% max chaos resistance. Finally, a curse immunity flask is a must.

The damage is far from what it was in 3.12, but still good. Defenses are actually better, thanks to Bastion of Elements new ascendancy node.

League started with it and build it for 17-20ex. (Including crafting the helm and cluster jewels, but not other rares) (Now it's cheaper, mid-league)
Upgraded rare pieces for ~10ex.
Then, finally 1-2ex of adjustements (flasks, divines, harvest min-max crafting, etc.)
For a total of 28-32ex (with league start prices, so a bit cheaper now)

The staff price is hard quantify, actally got really lucky to get the base for 7ex.... for a total crafting cost ofu 10ex. But, similar/better ones are available on trade for at least 40ex. So, including the real staff cost/craft cost, it would require a total of ~80-120ex.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/td5Y5W6n (Doesn't include AG damage buffs like Culling Strike, Crit, etc.)

Stats looks bad, man...

Could you explain lol ?
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:
"
Tsyfer wrote:
Hi

Thank you guys

I'm getting ~3.7m dps per golem in PoB, which a fairly good amount of dps for a build that is not done. Usually people I've seen, have way less lol.

But, your Aura effect is only 213%, you should push it as highe as possible. Some of your medium cluster jewels are not fully crafted yet I suppose. You know, this build is all about Aura effect.

Drop predator, you don't need it, cause your golems are aggressive thanks to Primordial Might. Use Minion Damage instead, there's a ~25% dps difference between Predator non-marked and Minion Damage. And marked dps is similar to a lvl21/20% Minion Damage, that is btw pretty cheap to get. And we usually only mark bosses, so it's not really helpful in maps/heists/delve/blight/etc.

Another thing you could do, get some more Aura effects from 6 passives Medium cluster jewels (First Among, Replennish), get 2x Rotten Claws on Large Cluster jewels instead of Feasting Fiend, drop Impale Support for Damage on Full Life, use a lvl20 Divergent Dread Banner (or lvl21 normal Dread Banner also work until you get the divergent one), use Awakened Generosity lvl5. You now have 99% impale chance (with Divergent Dread Banner) or 86% impale chance (it works, don't worry) with normal Dread Banner at lvl 95. So you really want Divergent to get the most of the build when you can afford it.

You now end up with ~1.7x your current dps (from 3.7m to 6.2m in PoB), but can push it even higher with awakened gems, AG gear (that I dont have in PoB), get some GG rares instead of uniques, etc.

Those changes require you to be at least lvl 95 to be 100% effective, but if I simulate lvl 92 in PoB, you could still end up with 1.2x of your current damage, and each more level will crank the dps by a ton.

You can also get some better Ghastly jewels, a GG convoking wand, helm enchant, etc.

Also, I just noticed that your chaos resistance is 0%... you might really want to fix that asap also.

There's a forum build guide that as a similar build here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2882940 if you want to take a look. Von Vikton build is litterally a copy of the build on that forum page.

Edit: I realized I forgot to activate Haste and disable Vaal Haste (PoB don't do it by default), so the dps numbers are a bit off, but the % are right.

Thanks for your answer i will follow this line.
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:

Could you explain lol ?

by the pob, you have

4,5k life
75% resists
90% physical
1,1k HP regen
2,3M damage
-----------------
the damage is ok, but the defenses are very bad with this little survival. Things explode randomly, too easy to die. 90% physical reduction with 7k life is very dangerous, at least for my stone golem [without good items] build.
------------------------
I think you should try carrion with aura stack. The one I'm following:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2882940/page/1
------------------------
forgive-me or feel free to correct me if I see any incorrect setup from pob.
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
"
Trebien75 wrote:
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:

Could you explain lol ?

by the pob, you have

4,5k life
75% resists
90% physical
1,1k HP regen
2,3M damage
-----------------
the damage is ok, but the defenses are very bad with this little survival. Things explode randomly, too easy to die. 90% physical reduction with 7k life is very dangerous, at least for my stone golem [without good items] build.
------------------------
I think you should try carrion with aura stack. The one I'm following:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2882940/page/1
------------------------
forgive-me or feel free to correct me if I see any incorrect setup from pob.

My answer:
Spoiler

You really didn't played that build or at least it was not built properly, to say that the defenses are bad and that it's too easy to die. Actually you said "without good items", that's basically the reason, i suppose, you had a bad experience.

90% phys dmg reduction is the highest you can get (w/o any other funky conversion) so i don't see how this is bad, how you think it could be better. The build has 80% without flask (most of it coming from Chaos Golem flat % scaled up and Endurance Charges flat %) and 90% with flasks.

Elemental damage barely do anything to the build, because of additional "hidden" elemental mitigation with Divine Flesh and 83% max chaos resistance, so this is more then "just" 75%. Not even talking about Primal Aegis that negates up to 3400 elemental damage alone.

83% max chaos resistance, not CI, but better then most builds (like Aura Necro Carrion Golems). Got 5% less chaos damage taken on top of that, thanks to pantheon.

1.2k regen, which is not much less then a good Aura Necro Carrion Golems (1.5k-2k from what I've tested and seen), but as a life based build, i've access to a life flask as panic button that doesn't have cooldown like Vaal Discipline. Also, don't need to "wait" for recharge. All kind of DoT (bleed, poison, chaos, cold, burning ground, etc.) basically do nothing and barely flicker 100 life of the whole pool.

Plenty of chance to evade/not take damage, thanks to They of Tul dodge, flasks, Flesh n Stone blind and reduce attack damage taken and taunt on jewel.

No critical damage taken.

Fortify.

Ailments immune.

10% less damage taken from hits, thanks to Jinx Juju.

Immortal Call, easy anti-one-shot and damage reduction.

Life pool is on the low side, yes, but this 4.7k life elementalist is tankier then most 7k-10k+ life/ES build I've played.

It can tank Sirus meteor and beams, tank Minotaur, Kosis and Warlord slams, AFK simulacrums (u said "exploding things"?), juiced 100% delirous maps are not different survivability-wise then normal not juiced maps, can AFK in front of any Metamorph without any fear.
I don't think I know any other build that can do that with a 30ex budget, and still be able to deal some decent damage.

I know WaffleT's build, I played it in Standard (during Harvest league), the whole Heist league and this league as an alt char to see how impactfull the nerfs were on the build. And seriously, unless you dump a 100ex+ into it (what I did), it doesn't feel good, and it's even more true now with the nerfs.
Survivability is really bad until you have invested a ton of currency into it. Dps is fine, but again, need a ton of investments.
This build as basically no phys dmg reduction (so 90% was dangerous huh?), unless you convert a part of it to elemental damage, but any big phys dmg hits are going to slam/kill you hard (good luck with Minotaur slam/burrow).
Regen is not better, again until you dump a ton of currency into the build.
With the nerfs to aura effects, it's now hard to even get to 6k, that's not really much more then an elementalist build that can reach 5k, if you ask me.
I died more often with that build, then with my elementalits golems versions over the leagues.

And man... If you don't believe me, just open up PoB and take a look at the Calc > EHP or both builds... it tells you all, or try it yourself, like I did.

So yeah, maybe Aura Necro Carrion Golems build with 150-200ex+ budget is going to be better (At that price, I would rather go Ascendant CI lol), but hey, why would I spend that much currency, when I can to same thing (and even more) with 30ex? lol

(Btw I'm not saying that Aura Necro Carrion Golems is bad. What I mean is that saying that Elementalist Golems is bad, too easy to die and defenses are bad, compared to that build is not true. WaffleT's build is really good actually.)

Oof! My triggered speech is over! :)

Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Feb 27, 2021, 3:02:34 PM
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:

My answer:
Spoiler

You really didn't played that build or at least it was not built properly, to say that the defenses are bad and that it's too easy to die. Actually you said "without good items", that's basically the reason, i suppose, you had a bad experience.

90% phys dmg reduction is the highest you can get (w/o any other funky conversion) so i don't see how this is bad, how you think it could be better. The build has 80% without flask (most of it coming from Chaos Golem flat % scaled up and Endurance Charges flat %) and 90% with flasks.

Elemental damage barely do anything to the build, because of additional "hidden" elemental mitigation with Divine Flesh and 83% max chaos resistance, so this is more then "just" 75%. Not even talking about Primal Aegis that negates up to 3400 elemental damage alone.

83% max chaos resistance, not CI, but better then most builds (like Aura Necro Carrion Golems). Got 5% less chaos damage taken on top of that, thanks to pantheon.

1.2k regen, which is not much less then a good Aura Necro Carrion Golems (1.5k-2k from what I've tested and seen), but as a life based build, i've access to a life flask as panic button that doesn't have cooldown like Vaal Discipline. Also, don't need to "wait" for recharge. All kind of DoT (bleed, poison, chaos, cold, burning ground, etc.) basically do nothing and barely flicker 100 life of the whole pool.

Plenty of chance to evade/not take damage, thanks to They of Tul dodge, flasks, Flesh n Stone blind and reduce attack damage taken and taunt on jewel.

Fortify.

Ailments immune.

Life pool is on the low side, yes, but this 4.7k life elementalist is tankier then most 7k-10k+ life/ES build I've played.

It can tank Sirus meteor and beams, tank Minotaur, Kosis and Warlord slams, AFK simulacrums (u said "exploding things"?), juiced 100% delirous maps are not different survivability-wise then normal not juiced maps, can AFK in front of any Metamorph without any fear.
I don't think I know any other build that can do that with a 30ex budget, and still be able to deal some decent damage.

I know WaffleT's build, I played it in Standard (during Harvest league), the whole Heist league and this league as an alt char to see how impactfull the nerfs were on the build. And seriously, unless you dump a 100ex+ into it (what I did), it doesn't feel good, and it's even more true now with the nerfs.
Survivability is really bad until you have invested a ton of currency into it. Dps is fine, but again, need a ton of investments.
This build as basically no phys dmg reduction (so 90% was dangerous huh?), unless you convert a part of it to elemental damage, but any big phys dmg hits are going to slam/kill you hard (good luck with Minotaur slam/burrow).
With the nerfs to aura effects, it's now hard to even get to 6k, that's not really much more then an elementalist build that can reach 5k, if you ask me.
I died more often with that build, then with my elementalits golems versions over the leagues.

And man... If you don't believe me, just open up PoB and take a look at the Calc > EHP or both builds... it tells you all, or try it yourself, like I did.

So yeah, maybe Aura Necro Carrion Golems build with 150-200ex+ budget is going to be better (At that price, I would rather go Ascendant CI lol), but hey, why would I spend that much currency, when I can to same thing (and even more) with 30ex? lol

(Btw I'm not saying that Aura Necro Carrion Golems is bad. What I mean is that saying that Elementalist Golems is bad, too easy to die and defenses are bad, compared to that build is not true. WaffleT's build is really good actually.)

I would try the stone golem build, but is not possible without the helmet.

My build was 7k life, 90ph 76/75/75/75/75 resists and died too much to lvl up.

I'm using carry golem with 8k ES 10% ph 90/87/87/87/64. Feeling much tanker, but I still die easy to guardians/sirus.

Seems good for 30exa, I spent 50exa to start on ps4. Yet, to risky on high levels.

If you got a lot of resources, what build would you choose?
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:

My answer:
Spoiler

Fortify.

Ailments immune.

I'm using carry golem with 8k ES 10% ph 90/87/87/87/64. Feeling much tanker, but I still die easy to guardians/sirus.

Seems good for 30exa, I spent 50exa to start on ps4. Yet, to risky on high levels.

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
I like this build but I was struggling with the dps. Reading past the guide itself I realized that the build being discussed in the comments is very different from the OP. Is there a more up to date build guide for something like this?
The lazy playstyle is lots of fun, but I can't win a T14 Jun encounter fast enough.
"
Trebien75 wrote:

Your elementalist build fixed:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/c6HFBr61

Basically I've reworked some rares to cap resistances (couple chaos per). Got a +2 helm with some resistances (couple chaos to buy/craft). Swap in/out some primordial jewels. Fixed one large cluster jewels so max out impale chance. Reworked your Stone Golem links. Added some support and auras. Removed useless gems. Made your flasks usefull, cause they were not. Fixed your Stone Golem slam ratio, that wasn't right.

Enjoy now your
- 77/76/76 elemental resistances
- 80% chaos resistance (Divine Flesh)
- 86% physical damage reduction before flasks. And 90% with cold conversion (1 flask) or 90% phys/armour flasks. (Was *71% without flasks before)
- your stone golems slam 2 times more
- 1.3k regen
- 6.8k life (possible to get some better rare for over 7k. I didn't tried to min/max this)
- dex is annoying cause of CIP, but with dex on cluster jewels it's easily fixed. I managed it with skill tree and one rare piece, but the best would be on jewels.

You now have a pretty tanky golem elementalist. For more damage, you would need to invest into gems, cluster jewels, better weapons and surely drop primordial chain, but considering the defenses, the dps is pretty good.

And now if I compare you Necro vs this reworked Elementalist. The elementalist is most likely tankier. It handles elemental and chaos damage as good as the necro and is litterally in god tier at handling phys dmg compare to your necro. Regen is similar, EHP as about 1000 difference, but like I said you can push the elementalist in the 7k+ without much efforts. The only negative point is the damage, 4.8m for the elemenatlis and 7.5m for the necro, which is btw very low currently for that build. Should be hitting the 20m without much efforts. You would need to go Carry Golem on the elemenatlist to fit more dps more easily.

With a lot of ressources, I would go CI Ascendant Aura stacking Carrion Golems. Instead of LL you stack reduced mana reserved to fit auras. Able to fit at least as much dmg as the LL Necro, but with absurd defenses, which makes the build is *almost immune to everything. But, I'm usually don't play enough in league and I'm too casual to farm enough currency for that lol.

Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Feb 28, 2021, 11:18:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info