3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

Hey, first of all awesome guide, steam rolling t16 like a charm and still i have a lot to improve (clusters etc). My question here, im sitting at 6 harmony right now and i already have optimal attack speed for golems to spam Slam attack, is there a point adding next harmony? or use any other jewel?
"
d373rmined wrote:
Brass dome vs Cracieann’s Carapace? Just trying to figure out what is better. Both seem good but brass dome has some negative modifiers. I’m the non chain version of that matters.

I think Craiceann's is pretty good since bleed immunity frees up a flask suffix (and means you don't need a corrupted blood immunity jewel) and the item has 120 life and 60 elemental resists on it. It's pretty expensive to fit in an Aspect though since you need a bunch of mana reservation corruptions on your jewels. IMO the best thing about Dome is ignoring crits. I don't think the armour is especially relevant unless you're relying on Molten Shell, and the movement speed penalty is kinda terrible (even if you circumvent it using The Stampede, you then have these terrible boots instead of good rares).

Honestly I think people overrate the importance of unique body armours. If you can't work out which unique is better for your character by comparing them in PoB, I would recommend you just buy a random corrupted 6L with the colours you need and 100 life and some resists.

"
Mayhem69 wrote:
Hey, first of all awesome guide, steam rolling t16 like a charm and still i have a lot to improve (clusters etc). My question here, im sitting at 6 harmony right now and i already have optimal attack speed for golems to spam Slam attack, is there a point adding next harmony? or use any other jewel?

I would suggest you compare them in PoB. Add a harmony and an eminence to your items and then see what the difference is in attack speed, damage, etc. People in this thread aren't likely to know the exact ins and outs of your character, and the attack speed breakpoints for stone golems are explained in the OP.
"
cdnza wrote:
"
ericchongws wrote:
Is there a budget version without cluster? Can that version clear all content reasonably?

Just take the nearest scion sockets and the south side str/dex sockets either side of Duelist to fit your primordial jewels until you can afford cluster jewels. Even without cluster jewels golems are powerful enough to do whatever you need until you farm a couple of exa for some starter jewels.

"
Pheyer wrote:
Is there a cheap way I can get a couple rotten claws notables just to help my dps a bit? Maybe buy one or two of the 100 chaos lvl 50 jewels? I feel my damage slowing down fast as I get past t10 maps

You can absolutely just buy cheaper jewels for Rotten Claws - remember it only requires ilvl 50. If you are having damage problems I doubt its down to whether you have Rotten Claws or not though - you should still have 70% impale chance without them and should just be instaphasing everything unless you have awful gear and low level gems.

hmm maybe i am missing something somewhere, i do remember the golems flying through stuff a bit faster last season and now im watching them take 2-3 hits killing packs on t13. I dont have dread banner or pride right now, but i didnt have pride last season either. I think i bought lvl 20 gems for everything, could def go for some lvl 21 gems for golems. I also think i messed the tree in a couple places, just rushed having 7 harmonies

ty for all the help so far
hmm maybe i am missing something somewhere, i do remember the golems flying through stuff a bit faster last season and now im watching them take 2-3 hits killing packs on t13. I dont have dread banner or pride right now, but i didnt have pride last season either. I think i bought lvl 20 gems for everything, could def go for some lvl 21 gems for golems. I also think i messed the tree in a couple places, just rushed having 7 harmonies

ty for all the help so far[/quote]

ok lets start with auras/ skill gems
get stone golem 21/20 even 21/10 they should not be dieing
get all the gems in your 6link to 20% quality or 21/23 etc etc
get 3 rotten claw nodes then get rid of impale on 6l for empower 4
get rid of primordial chain for +1/+1 phys int gems talisman
not using brass dome so remove boots for some two-toned with chaos res and life and move speed
get a elder bone helmet i86 for +3 minion gems and minion life with life/chaos res or phys dmg taken as % fire
body +1 gems corrupted or craiceans carapace
gloves life res minion damage
if you link maim to stone and other golem in hat u can get rid of blood/sand stance
save for awakened gems alot are cheapish 2ex or less
rings/neck enchants minion movement speed/ or minimum endurance charges
or vermillion with chaos dex minion damage redeemer
Enchant ur helmet, belt, boots gloves
make sure youve done the pantheon divine vessels
type /passives
make sure you didnt miss any skill point quests.
eventually change to bow and quiver for huge dps increase
make sure ur timeless jewel gives 1-2 good nodes(big ones)
minion life dmg etc
if ur gonna use molten shell use vaal molten shell
one ring being unset makes for another open jewel slot
ur abyssal jewel has taunt even tho stone golems already taunt
better off getting something with life minion damage(remember using brutality so only phys dmg mods)
all ur gems will benefit from quality even cheap 20/20 corrupted ones
ur 6 offhand set slot should be filled with stone golem or whatever skills u want 21/20 then sell he 20/20 or corrupt and sell or equip those
Do yourself a favor add Quality to all of your flasks
get a solid item with 50+ dex to remove 2 skillpoints in ur tree
going for soul of steel feels a waste now due to 5%phys dmg reduc nerf
dont have it and 90% pdr with aspect plate
I wouldnt take the 3rd cluster jewel socket until u have the jewels and sp to fully take advantage of it
jewel sockets to only get a jewel socket costing 5 or more skill points id get rid of.
Think of what 5 sp can do in a large cluster jewel
since gear/ jewels lacking maybe spend sp on skill tree for minion damage until u can get good clusters
like righteous army and redemption
annoint your necklace if u can afford ravenous horde get somethign with life or minion damage etc tons of cheap annoints
min max your gear with blessed orbs
and when happy with rings ammy and belt catalyze them

Keep playing keep having fun if need currency get a couple i86 hubris and farm uber lab.
Keep chatting and look at other peoples profiles try to figure out why they went with this skill or that gem etc.

TLDR Super nitpicky list of upgrades This is just a guideline not assuming or meaning he/she must get or do all that and buy/craft/find all that

Last edited by rageface1355 on Jul 10, 2020, 10:24:05 AM
"

i took to stacking 4x dread march on mediums to make the golems invincible and turn the fight into a cake walk where i mostly stand around waiting for him to die. could probably get away with 3 dread march but it worked fine at the time and i couldnt be bothered changing one out.

But then your max life is really low :( It's worth it if you plan on farming a8 sirus.

Considering you only fight sirus every 100 or so maps, I didn't think it'd be worth using so many passive points. I'd rather just bring a blood magic support and resummon them if they die mid-fight.

"
skyscan wrote:
But then your max life is really low :( It's worth it if you plan on farming a8 sirus.

Considering you only fight sirus every 100 or so maps, I didn't think it'd be worth using so many passive points. I'd rather just bring a blood magic support and resummon them if they die mid-fight.

yeah life is pretty hard to come by but im sitting on 4.3k right now (wouldve been closer to 4.6k if i hit life% on belt but cant win em all)
ive only had 5 deaths this league with the last 3 at 95+ being from offscreen dd which i largely solved with cwc+offering. can get around 5k with a good belt and dropping an eminence for more life on tree but im fine with how it is right now.
i did resummon golems with blood magic early league sirus fights but im lazy and want to just stand there and not worry about convocate/positioning lol
i also took dread march preemptively to help somewhat offset the loss of minion movespeed when i swapped to a +2 rare neck and to help with zombie/spectre survivability in rippy t16s when doing so
i like to tailor my characters around allowing me to play as mindlessly as possible since i tend to watch videos on second monitor while mapping
Any suggestions on what to improve on my Golementalist character? I need quite a bit still but I'm working on getting my Glorious Vanity soon. Right now, I've got 300c or so right now to work with.
Last edited by pingky on Jul 10, 2020, 9:38:56 PM
"
rageface1355 wrote:

TLDR Super nitpicky list of upgrades This is just a guideline not assuming or meaning he/she must get or do all that and buy/craft/find all that

This is awesome thank you! Ill be going down that list picking out the cheapest options. I have around 5ex in total to work with before any farming is considered so I should be able to work that out.

Ill have a ton more freedom with picking gear if I stick with the double chaos res annoint, my current gear is 90% even if i drop it. Shame I put it in the boots though lol.

I doubt Ill ever go with carrion golem so everything will be with stone golems in mind. I know there is a dps increase but i dont want to manage other minions like zombies and ag

Also thank you to UmiSonodaIsBestGirl
Last edited by Pheyer on Jul 10, 2020, 10:20:45 PM
got a question for you guys, wich one would make a better league start, thinking at costs and itens progression, this one or a spectre necro?
"
betogallo wrote:
got a question for you guys, wich one would make a better league start, thinking at costs and itens progression, this one or a spectre necro?

Your can play spectres and zombies until you get currency for jewels. I did it that way. Currently using carrion golems and clearing T16's fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info