Greedy people in CB

Hey guys.
I'm wondering why there are so many people charging horrendous amounts of GCP or similar stuff for their weapons/armors.

I mean, it's CB after all and all the data will be wiped sooner or later, why not giving away stuffs you dont need?
I've been giving away loots all the time since i dont see the reason to hoard items when they get deleted anyway

OB's still awhile away, plus it's just Humans being Humans, not too much can be done about it.

PS. I sorta wanted to use end of the world as a example, but then I realized it's 1:30am and I'm tired and sleepy, so that was a horrible idea :P
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on Apr 16, 2012, 9:24:10 AM
Well, seeing how the economy develops could well be said to be part of beta testing.
I like to collect a ton of orbs, then right before a wipe try and craft a perfect item, just to see how close I can get. Old D2 habit before ladder resets.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
I've avoided the whole market in that respect. It's easier to befriend people and just use your social status to trade. I've acquired anything I've wanted using that, and usually for very cheap. Of course, it goes both ways, when possible.

There are greedy people everywhere. I think the complaint should acknowledge that and leave the CB out of it. ;)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Your character might be wiped and might not so don't just throw all your orbs and stuff away. LOL its clearly stated in the "pre-purchase" page of the PoE site that any character in closed beta might also get transferred to a "LEGACY" league. ;) This is suggesting that if you're happy with your character in CB and want to develop it further in that league after CB. Cheers.

Bleh, I don't really mind when people try and charge me a lot. If I really want it, I'll buy it. If I don't, I won't. It's not like cheap items that I didn't find myself are owed to me, or even required to progress through the standard game content. (And I include at least Ruthless in that definition. I'm not sure about Merciless.)
"
Softspoken wrote:
Bleh, I don't really mind when people try and charge me a lot. If I really want it, I'll buy it. If I don't, I won't. It's not like cheap items that I didn't find myself are owed to me, or even required to progress through the standard game content. (And I include at least Ruthless in that definition. I'm not sure about Merciless.)

I've not traded a single piece, and I've just entered the Maelström. Perfectly viable.

Haven't had any difficulties before, and though the Maelström does up the difficulty a fair bit, it's doable (was almost one-hit-killed by a blue Rhoa a few seconds into the Ström, but then, I've entered it at 57).

@topic: Beta tests are for a lot of things. Stability, bugs, other issues, balance, features etc. And one of those things in PoE is "How robust is our trading system?". Of course it's nice to get things for free because of your connections (that's how I usually roll). But another aspect that really needs testing is how the trading system holds up when supply and demand are in effect: Which Orbs are considered useless/sub-par and might need an overhaul? Which ones are more in demand than anticipated?
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Last edited by Avireyn on Apr 16, 2012, 8:13:41 PM
"
NewTail wrote:
Your character might be wiped and might not so don't just throw all your orbs and stuff away. LOL its clearly stated in the "pre-purchase" page of the PoE site that any character in closed beta might also get transferred to a "LEGACY" league. ;) This is suggesting that if you're happy with your character in CB and want to develop it further in that league after CB. Cheers.

yeah your misreading that. I'll quote the important parts

"
Although you're buying Beta access, your characters and items will still be wiped along with the rest of the Beta characters when we enter Open Beta.

I think thats pretty clear. The bit you read about moving to a league is during closed beta although it could potentially happen after the closed beta wipe. It is a beta after all.
Some people is just hard to explain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info