[3.10] Lone Messenger HOA Fire BV Assassin | Fast&Tanky | Ethereal Knives Version Added!!!

"
aaOzymandias wrote:

Yeah, a channeling skill might be a good idea! I am gonna experiment with that. I have been experimenting with Awakened fire penetration over unleash as well, just to test (sine it was super cheap, like 10c), and it performs remarkably well even with low BV stacks. Unleash might be way better with a channeling skill going though!

Hmm, the enhance does give me about 10% more damage in tool tip in game, and 10% in path of building as well. I know the damage itself is not "more" as such, but effectively that seems to be the damage I am getting out of it :) I am not 100% where it comes from, if it is due to it buffing the usual 15% fire damage on the herald to 33% (that gets buffed further wiht the rings and uniqe cluster), or just it being about 18% increased fire damage. Non the less, as long as I get more damage, I am happy :D

Yes I was testing between Awaken fire pen and Energy leech and I think fire pen is better, giving more consistent damage. Unleash is a must for a lazy player like me, and honestly good in general because we dont really invest in cast speed as it doesn't add DPS to BV.
Last edited by wodeljn on Apr 23, 2020, 12:23:14 PM
Hello, newbie here. May I know why are you using controlled destruction for 100% reduced critical chance when we are a crit build? Thanks...
"
h0raz0n wrote:
Hello, newbie here. May I know why are you using controlled destruction for 100% reduced critical chance when we are a crit build? Thanks...

B/c despite the reduced crit chance it still gives good DPS increase. Lots of crit spell builds still use controlled destruction.
Any good ideas for influenced chest mods to use? The league is going alright for me currency vice, and I might replace my old one:

The one above was just a lucky alteration spam plus a regal way back that I was gonna make for a different build (but ended up not using, and it was too good to let go to waste, wanted spell crit and redeemer blind originally). The ES gain on kill is rather redundant (though not entirely bad in Delerium fog). The spell crit is nice, but really I do not think the build needs it tbh, even though 100% crit chance is pretty cool, and does add damage.

The new influenced chests adds so many options, hard to chose.. explosions, extra curse, blind, +1 to levels... :)

Managed a lucky warlords slam on my boots well:

Last edited by aaOzymandias on Apr 25, 2020, 10:25:14 PM
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Any good ideas for influenced chest mods to use? The league is going alright for me currency vice, and I might replace my old one:

The one above was just a lucky alteration spam plus a regal way back that I was gonna make for a different build (but ended up not using, and it was too good to let go to waste, wanted spell crit and redeemer blind originally). The ES gain on kill is rather redundant (though not entirely bad in Delerium fog). The spell crit is nice, but really I do not think the build needs it tbh, even though 100% crit chance is pretty cool, and does add damage.

The new influenced chests adds so many options, hard to chose.. explosions, extra curse, blind, +1 to levels... :)

Managed a lucky warlords slam on my boots well:

Spell crit isn't that important b/c our crit is already very high. Explosive chest would be awesome, but gentle touch is better imo. It is cheaper and gives lots of defense. You can use both gentel touch and explosive chest if you have the currency.
hi how does arma brand leech? mana leech gem says attacks not spells?
"
HieiTheBlue wrote:

It does not. I suggest using a different gem there. Onslaught for example, or culling strike.

I personally made my own style of this build as such, that has permanent arcane surge for more consistent mana regen (and damage), as well as curse on hit:

Spoiler

Boot enchant could be mana regen as well for even better mana sustain. My chest could be better, it could have explosions on it, or + levels to gems, blind nearby enemies etc. I just did not bother to change it. The build is strong as is. I also use empower as it gives ok damage (would be even stronger the more levels you get though..), but more radius for BV for more easy clear. Lots of viable gems imo, for pure damage on bosses you might reconsider the gems. Conc effect, and E. Focus or example. I just like it lazy and easy, and now my crits proc ignite and burning status as well, so I get added damage from belt without using brand. As well as the ignite status form Vulconus triggers without brand.

I found additional accuracy as nice on Whirling blades on bosses as it gives me more reliable fortify on them, but it is a personal choise.

You can use something other than a portal gem, but I like it lazy and easily playable. To me flow of play is more important than pure damage! :)

With a slightly altered skill tree as well (one less thread, and one added cluster jewel):

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAPuBAcFQgW1Bx4I9A3RDkgQkhEtEZYWQBZvFr8XsBvIHNwdFB2-HxggbiL0JKomlSeDKPoqCyycMHEx7zIyMlgycTOHNj026TmZOkI6WEGWQjpFnUb-SVFKi0t4TLNQMFH7U1JVS1XGW9Nd8mHiYqxjQ2aeahtqQ2wLbIxtGXBScG5713yDf8aCx4PbhTKFfYnTjDaNv45kjxqPRpMnlS6a4J2qoS-i2acIp_ioz66zr42w2LTFtvq4k7jKvG-86r1dvorC7MaKylnNFs_d0B_Q9dFF1CPZht2o36DjauOE6-7sVe_r8NXxivem-tL-sw==?accountName=aaOzymandias&characterName=Sprengemannen

I anointed more skill effect duration, and then I can keep stacks up easily without unleash so I can use other quality of life/damage gems there without reducing overall damage all that much (on fat increasing it since I stay at 8 to 10 stack at all time easily). I could gain more damage, but I opted for a little bit more surviveability in the build. One could use dual daggers as well for more damage, but then the gloves should have more resistances to balance it out (or the gems have more resistance).

Compared to OP, my main downside is I do not have elemental exposure up at all times. I tired to work that in, but gave up for ease of play. It triggers fine as is, and damage is still very good at all times.

Best BV build I have personally played ever, I really dig it. Only minor downside is the mana sustain in certain cases, but you can use a bottle, or enchant the boots.
Last edited by aaOzymandias on May 14, 2020, 7:19:21 AM
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
"
HieiTheBlue wrote:

It does not. I suggest using a different gem there. Onslaught for example, or culling strike.

I personally made my own style of this build as such, that has permanent arcane surge for more consistent mana regen (and damage), as well as curse on hit:

Spoiler

Boot enchant could be mana regen as well for even better mana sustain. My chest could be better, it could have explosions on it, or + levels to gems, blind nearby enemies etc. I just did not bother to change it. The build is strong as is. I also use empower as it gives ok damage (would be even stronger the more levels you get though..), but more radius for BV for more easy clear. Lots of viable gems imo, for pure damage on bosses you might reconsider the gems. Conc effect, and E. Focus or example. I just like it lazy and easy, and now my crits proc ignite and burning status as well, so I get added damage from belt without using brand. As well as the ignite status form Vulconus triggers without brand.

I found additional accuracy as nice on Whirling blades on bosses as it gives me more reliable fortify on them, but it is a personal choise.

You can use something other than a portal gem, but I like it lazy and easily playable. To me flow of play is more important than pure damage! :)

With a slightly altered skill tree as well (one less thread, and one added cluster jewel):

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAPuBAcFQgW1Bx4I9A3RDkgQkhEtEZYWQBZvFr8XsBvIHNwdFB2-HxggbiL0JKomlSeDKPoqCyycMHEx7zIyMlgycTOHNj026TmZOkI6WEGWQjpFnUb-SVFKi0t4TLNQMFH7U1JVS1XGW9Nd8mHiYqxjQ2aeahtqQ2wLbIxtGXBScG5713yDf8aCx4PbhTKFfYnTjDaNv45kjxqPRpMnlS6a4J2qoS-i2acIp_ioz66zr42w2LTFtvq4k7jKvG-86r1dvorC7MaKylnNFs_d0B_Q9dFF1CPZht2o36DjauOE6-7sVe_r8NXxivem-tL-sw==?accountName=aaOzymandias&characterName=Sprengemannen

I anointed more skill effect duration, and then I can keep stacks up easily without unleash so I can use other quality of life/damage gems there without reducing overall damage all that much (on fat increasing it since I stay at 8 to 10 stack at all time easily). I could gain more damage, but I opted for a little bit more surviveability in the build. One could use dual daggers as well for more damage, but then the gloves should have more resistances to balance it out (or the gems have more resistance).

Compared to OP, my main downside is I do not have elemental exposure up at all times. I tired to work that in, but gave up for ease of play. It triggers fine as is, and damage is still very good at all times.

Best BV build I have personally played ever, I really dig it. Only minor downside is the mana sustain in certain cases, but you can use a bottle, or enchant the boots.

Nice! Care to share your POB? I can post it in the build guide.
"
wodeljn wrote:

Nice! Care to share your POB? I can post it in the build guide.

Sure!

https://pastebin.com/U0GuMF3z

I am not sure all the numbers are entierly correct, POB is a bit iffy sometimes, but I tried to edit the thread of hope to have the extra mods.

The gems in the build are the ones I use for general mapping, there are higher damage gems out there, but these are the lazy ones :)

I also took the tip for your EK guide and used a bit more cast speed (and attack speed) in the early nodes, makes it feel that much comfy to play! But that can easily be the ele damage nodes as well.

I was only at level 96, so there could be 4 more node to play around with as well!
Last edited by aaOzymandias on May 18, 2020, 10:12:16 AM
Chaos resist is a luxury I assume?
Moon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info