[3.10] Chaos Balls Juggernaut [Self-cast Chaos Ball Lightning]

Greetings,

This is a simple (rare these days) self-cast spellcaster who (as I almost always play Marauder) happens to be Juggernaut. It was born of an idea to just create Diablo 2-fireball-gameplay type character and make use of a few unique items which are rarely used.

Skill gems:

[6] Ball Lightning + LMP(/Volley) + Controlled Destruction + Faster Casting + Empower + Iron Will/Added Chaos/Added Lightning/Lightning Pen/Slower or Faster Projectiles/Inc AoE
[3] Wrath + CWDT(11) + Vaal Summon Skeletons (/Empower for Wrath)
[3] Lightning Golem + Minion Life + Minion Speed
[4] Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Less Duration + Swift Affliction (/Culling Strike)
[4] CWDT(9) + Immortal Call(11) + Inc Dur + Endurance Cry (/Wave of Conviction *yet to test)
[4] Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit + Conductivity + Inc AoE

- My gear (for easier visuals):
Spoiler

Choice of gems:

We don't really want to invest in Slower Projectiles as the usual Ball Lightning builds do because of the mechanics of the Delirium league - we want to run through content, moving further down from the nest of the fog with face toward edge of the map so it's not an exercise in futility to have quickly moving projectiles and damage is not an excuse because we're clearing monsters just fine
+ it's a fresh sight to see fast moving lightning balls.

Use Orb of Storms for tougher elites and bosses, if you're smoothly cutting through content there is usually no need. Though I didn't expect it to deal as much damage as it does - so if you're bored with the playstyle you can use it only by itself and clear packs sufficiently.

I feel like Lightning Warp is currently underappreciated by a large portion of players, only cons is that it needs a 4link.

Vaal Haste could be an option since we're not using Vaal Souls for anything. Just be aware of the Dex req.

*Use your weapon switch either for simultaneous leveling of main gems copies for Vaaling later or to test out other viable options of support gems included after '/'.

Gear aka legs of choice:

Incandescent Heart - 'Gain 20% of elemental damage as extra chaos damage' - a place where I started to think about this build - meaning to take a self-cast skill (as I usually play totems) and make it deal a good portion of its' damage in chaos flavour. Plus chest has nice ammount of life.

2x Apep's Rage - another nice source of chaos damage and also cast speed. A little bit of chaos res helps with '25% of elemental damage from hits taken as chaos damage' in chest. We compensate for additional 'mana' cost with our Blood Magic from Malachai's Awakening.

Malachai's Awakening - yeah. + does quite a lot of damage.

Doryani's Invitation - lightning kind. I wanted to play a true caster and don't go too defensive. If you get rich, you can upgrade to Stygian Vise with even more dmg.

Volkuur's Guidance - getting uniques is easy on our budget and looks good. Another source of bonus damage but also poison effect synergizes nicely with Apeps.

Clear Mind - usually first item I buy when I get few Chaoses. Big boy dmg boost for a low cost.

Essence Worm - if you already took care of your res, Int and Dex needs, you can see how it looks in the department of damages.
/Vivinsect - just read about this ring and looks like upgraded version of Essence Worm for someone using Mortal Conviction (as ourselves).

Other weapons to try out:
- Voltaxic Rift - it would be a real chaos convert but I don't like touching bows.
- 2x Shade Of Solaris - I went with 2 Apep's because of the cost at the start of the league (~30vs8c).
- Agnerod West - missing the point with 'Chaos' part of a build a bit.

If you decide to go for 2hander use 6link for [6] Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit + Conductivity + Inc AoE + Power Charge on Crit + Dmg/Blind

All unique items here are cheap so you can spend a little more to cop perfect rolls.

The rest of slots is classically for rares with Life and Resistances.

Flasks
Being honest I did almost 0 effort to take care of this section but the basic premise is: heal and run fast.
Those are my current:
Spoiler

Prefered mods on gear:
- Life
- Resistances
- Spell damage
- Lightning/Elemental/Chaos damage
- Cast speed
- Area/Projectile damage (right?)
- Int and Dex for Apeps (212int) and gems (111dex)

Skill tree:

Things to prioritize in a tree:
- Lightning/Elemental damage
- Spell damage
- Area/Projectile damage (right?)
- Cast speed
- Life
- Endurance charges
- Resistances
- Int and Dex for Apeps (212int) and gems (111dex)
- Light radius

In Cluster Jewel sockets just get more of above parameters.

Bandits: Kill all.

Ascendancy:
Not a chieftain. Only God can jugg me.

Available to see this build also - sort of on demand:
https://www.twitch.tv/dungo4th

<me lost in the fog of playing next build and writing this one instead of applying for GGG CS>

Happy huntings, Dungo
Chieftain Master Race
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2020, 5:43:33 AM
Do you have a video? Your stream showed no videos or clips.
"
grifbomber wrote:
Do you have a video? Your stream showed no videos or clips.

Ah yes, I don't have any videos yet. By 'on demand' I mean I can play the build by request.
Chieftain Master Race
WOuld you happen to have a PoB, as the ggg site does not show the Cluster jewels
"
sparkdaniel wrote:
WOuld you happen to have a PoB, as the ggg site does not show the Cluster jewels

I currently don't but instead I made this little collage for you:

Just a simple one for dmg. Knockback might actually come in handy.
Chieftain Master Race
I tried biuld like you and I went to tier 14 map and I kept dying, rare monsters hit me 3 times and I will die even if I have full resistance, except for chaos resistance can you have a specific video tutorial to help me?
"
BlackLionXIII wrote:
I tried biuld like you and I went to tier 14 map and I kept dying, rare monsters hit me 3 times and I will die even if I have full resistance, except for chaos resistance can you have a specific video tutorial to help me?

So you're probably better off than me, I didn't push it into endgame. Perhaps you can sacrifice some dmg nodes in a tree to get more life or so.
Chieftain Master Race

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info