Balancing? Test before release? Play your own END game?

Yes, you guessed I'm here to get my taughts out after playing 5 leagues in a row, with a summoner.

Synthesis: was nice, strange I can't find it anywhere? Loved those items & crafting method. UI could have been a bit better though.

Legion: AWESOME League, I liked the melee overhaul, however I started the league as a summoner, later I tried that tol based build everyone was fuzing about.

Blight: Couldn't be better, except for more blighted maps and PERFORMANCE...? Loved the summoner update and buffs, for once I could do some endgame fights with my minions.

Metamorph: Quite nice, however some metamorphs turned out to be unkillable with 76 REALLY powerfull minions. XXX% health + life regen + life leech + ES +... yeah if we as players could just do the same... First league I actually complete ALL end GAME fights WITHOUT DYING.

Delerium: WTF DID YOU DO TO SUMMONERS! Because 1 minion build is slightly overpowered you slap us in the face and take away all our defense AND 40-50% of our DPS?

EVERY build EXCEPT minions can get a ton life on kill/leach or regen. Minions get ONE item in the game to get it ONLY FROM ZOMBIES with A 1000 STRENGHT AND YOU FREAKING NERF THE DAMN THING!

For 2 Leagues you buff minions, then nerf them, please make up your mind!

A few things about visuals, game mechanics, END game fights.

Sirus:
- Can't see sh*t in the map, RED ON RED doesn't work!! (I'm a graphic designer I KNOW)
- Attacks comming from offscreen, can't dodge, can't see them -> always dead.
- In the current league (delerium), I'm unable to even complete Sirus on lvl 5..?

Simulacrum: REALLY? WHY? WHO? It's quite nerf wrecking to get tons of debuffs and then give those freaking monsters & bosses more health as a Shaper, and tons of buffs? -> couldn't complete it so far.

Delerium: 5 orbs on a 20% quality rare T7 map (burial chambers), 3 scarabs, 4 sextants(extra packs) -> dead from white mobs with one shots??? O.o -> Not buffed Rare T16 = no problem?

Elder Guardians are often stronger as the elder itself, due to map mods affecting them. -> balance?

Some mechanics that are questionable:

- LOSING EXP ON DEATH -> why even bother having a max level If you can't get to it!!!

- I'm more and more bugged about the fact we only get 6 portals each map. Why limit the amount we can enter certain areas? I never understood that chose, probably never wil. I can't think of any good reason why?
I have to add, it's the most anoying when you use the last portal, load... load...
Click to walk in new area, clicks on the portal walks back out!! -> rage quit worthy on a synthesis unique map from Zana with the boss at 15%!!!

- LOOT, most online games have a BUTTON to pick up loot, with delerium it's even worse, because it's freaking timed, I just don't want to backtrack maps and break my mouse button!!!

- to find 32 stupid stones to get to endgame sucks, and takes way to much time to enjoy!

- New atlas lacks explenation (for new players), How to get certain map tiers? How to progress?

- Releasing harder content (delerium) yet nerfing a ton of skills and items while giving us 280 new notables yet not 1 extra passive skill point or the means to actually reach lvl 100 without taking 4 months of dying and losing exp, seems quite unbalanced to me!

Last bumped on Apr 4, 2020, 3:19:46 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think as a Summoner you have no right to complain.

Use Spectres stack gem levels that come free nowadays left and right and see how everything becomes easy game with effortless budget.
"
zzang wrote:
I think as a Summoner you have no right to complain.

Use Spectres stack gem levels that come free nowadays left and right and see how everything becomes easy game with effortless budget.

Excuse me, no right?

Yes I get it, we can lvl up spectres gems to lvl 30 + easily and it probably will make some fights easier but all that power creep will result in a los of defense, and that's what bugging me. While on others builds they can do the same and get a ton of life leach doing so...

We could al run around with 1K HP and a gazilion DPS and don't kill anything because I'm getting one shot on a Tier 1 map...-> not how I want to play the game.

What is strange and frustrating for me, is In metamorph I had no trouble doing endgame bosses; while in Delerium I can't even beat sirus on lvl 5?

I'm using a diverse set of minions including Zombies, (vaal) skeletons, spectres, Animate guardian and holy relic 76 in total, give or take a few with power creep & better gear. The point is I had/have to completly destroy/overhaul my build to not even get close to what it was in 3.9.
Feel free to check my character or build page to inspect my build.

Anyway EVERYONE has the right to complain about ANYTHING, just sayin.

minion build players have no right to complain, you are already on ez mode so stfu and fuck off.
GGG refuses to buff Melee and gives every surivability tool to Spell/Ranged/Minion Builds because they dont play the game or at least melee themself.
[Removed by Support]
-The Truth
"
FutureFear wrote:

Yes I get it, we can lvl up spectres gems to lvl 30 + easily and it probably will make some fights easier.

Dont swim against the flow of GGGs balance Vision stack gem levels on spectres and enjoy your life in wraeclast

Just to give you some reference:

Probably fastest Sirus AL8 Patch 3.10 kill in history: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdm8oDDhBac

(Spectres Summoner)
Last edited by zzang on Apr 3, 2020, 7:47:08 AM
"
minion build players have no right to complain, you are already on ez mode so stfu and fuck off.

That escalated quickly, damn. O.o
Why should It matter what kind of build I like to play to have the right for complaining? Please explain? Or follow your own advice...

"
zzang wrote:
"
FutureFear wrote:

Yes I get it, we can lvl up spectres gems to lvl 30 + easily and it probably will make some fights easier.

Dont swim against the flow of GGGs balance Vision stack gem levels on spectres and enjoy your life in wraeclast

Just to give you some reference:

Probably fastest Sirus AL8 Patch 3.10 kill in history: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdm8oDDhBac

(Spectres Summoner)

I'v seen faster, with no spectres or minions at all. Just take a gander at heralds these days... or the new spellslinger... Or your "old" buddy Crit cyclone...

While gem lvl'ing is a nice thing to have, it shouldn't be the kind of power creep/balance GGG pushes forward (my opinion). Refering to the lvl nerf from 80 to 76 on spectres; wich is a clear intend of saying get all + X to level of (socketed) gems ASAP...??? Not to mention 99% of spectres just die on a normal T16 map with gem lvl 20 -> compared to a lvl 20 cyclone or arc THEY DON'T DIE..? O.o

Also it doesn't take away the fact ALOT of the items will break the mechanics I use in my build and lower my already low defenses. -> wands + cyclone obviously can't be used -> I use cyclone as QOL movement skill and uphold my "new" bone offering combo for a small chance to block some attacks... While previously Giving me ENERGY SHIELD with spirit offering, wich is now kind of useless because we can cap chaos res with a small cluster jewel anyway.

Also don't get the wrong impression of my "complains" I'm a CASUAL gamer and don't like to grind and farm 1000 hours each league to get my gear back, again and again and again; and then realise it's all for nothing, because they changed (nerfed) so much stuff I actually was using. Compared to some players, I do have a life besides playing games, and just can't invest that much time, in either playing or adjusting my build every 3 months. -> be honest, POE has by far the most complex system for creating builds, I still don't fully understand what's possible after 1,5 - 2 years of playing (again).

Yes, yes I get I'm not good at creating builds, oh that's right GGG DOESN'T have ANY GUIDES for it EITHER!! I'm forced to watch other PLAYERS doing what they like and try to understand how I could use in my own build -> again no time for that.

Play someones else, I did for 3 out of those 5 leagues, didn't like it, created my own and liked it, It was good in 3.9 it's not (anymore) in 3.10.

Also most of my complains aren't about summoners, just QOL and mechanics that bother me no matter the class or build I would play. I still don't have any lvl 100 character after 5 freaking leagues, 95 is highest I got during Blight, suprise it's a summoner in a summoner league. Losing exp on death seems pointless in softcore when having a hardcore gameplay option.

yes, but the only thing you can expect is poe2.

This account is only for feedback and suggestions.
"
FutureFear wrote:

I'v seen faster, with no spectres or minions at all. Just take a gander at heralds these days... or the new spellslinger... Or your "old" buddy Crit cyclone...

The Herald Stacker build is well known and will be nerfed to dust after league.
Just out of curisoity can you link me those spellsinger videos or impale cyclone in Patch 3.10 AL 8 that beats this budget summoner in time?

From first hit to kill its clean 2 minutes for that broken crap summoner build on budget.

As for the rest of your post:

Im sorry but this is how GGG approaches its balance. Jump on the meta or dont complain if your build is too slow or too weak.
Last edited by zzang on Apr 3, 2020, 10:41:30 AM
"
zzang wrote:
"
FutureFear wrote:

The Herald Stacker build is well known and will be nerfed to dust after league.
Just out of curisoity can you link me those spellsinger videos or impale cyclone in Patch 3.10 AL 8 that beats this budget summoner in time?

From first hit to kill its clean 2 minutes for that broken crap summoner build on budget.

As for the rest of your post:

Im sorry but this is how GGG approaches its balance. Jump on the meta or dont complain if your build is too slow or too weak.

So sad my memory is failing me, not sure if it was on youtube or a twitch I saw those fights. I do remember something about Zizaran and spellslinger though... Google is your friend, i'm not going to waste time finding those streams/video again, sorry.

Well GGG kind of confirmed the nerf on herald stacks, by nerfing it mid league.

Anyway, I still don't get it why I'm getting burned leaving my opinion, just because I said I play a summoner and only mentioned 1 mechanic with 1 unique that bothers me because that 1 mechanic doesn't seem to work with minions AT ALL. (life on kill/leach) Unless we pump strenght to a 1000 and lose TONS of DPS, because we can't wear a bone helmet wich is a potential 7 Link item!!

Gain life on kill/hit, Leach Life or ES with any spell YES WE CAN!
Gain life on kill/hit, Leach Life or ES with any melee skill YES WE CAN!
Gain life on kill/hit, Leach Life or ES with any bow skill YES WE CAN!

Gain life on kill/hit, Leach Life or ES with any minion skill NO F*CKING WAY!

Not that hard to understand, why it bothers me, is it?

All other complains, don't really have any build or class in mind btw, it happens on all...And i'm far from alone complaining about it, it seems.

Oh and for the Meta train, I'm sorry but i'm not buying that, I can't see the fun in playin someone elses build with a playstyle I most likely won't like anyway. Even playing someones elses summoner aint that fun.

I don't like the idea of a game company pushing people around and forsing them to play a certain class or build, wich turns out to be getting a nerf anyway after 3 months of "fun" because they can't seem to make up their mind about how balancing works, and rather invest time and effort into league mechanics that are broken or very unbalenced on release...

Last but not least, my feedback aka complains are there to hopefully improve the game not only for me but for everyone. If GGG takes notice of these things and actually act on them... -.-
"
FutureFear wrote:

I don't like the idea of a game company pushing people around and forsing them to play a certain class or build, wich turns out to be getting a nerf anyway after 3 months of "fun" because they can't seem to make up their mind about how balancing works, and rather invest time and effort into league mechanics that are broken or very unbalenced on release...

Last but not least, my feedback aka complains are there to hopefully improve the game not only for me but for everyone. If GGG takes notice of these things and actually act on them... -.-

Now we are at the core of your problem its GGGs style of forced meta shift balancing i agree i hate it too but we need to learn to live with this crap balancing unfortumately.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info