EK MARAUDER: why going bloodmagic(support or passive)?

mana leech support gem will work both on the phy portion of the spell and on the 73% of elem dmg ( cold 31% and fire 42%) based of your phy dmg.
that means it will be not that hard with a good str and iron will support to raise your EK dmg to up 1600+ per cast in order to get back 64 manas .

personally once u want to go for good % aura stacking ,i prefer the EK+faster proj+add fire+ironwill+mana leech+faster casting to the EK+fastercasting+faster proj+bloodmagic+add fire+ iron will cause:

1) u no longer spend tons of life to cast ek, the base cost is 88*0.8/0.73(required passive)= 65/71 manas per cast instead of 173 life.
with 2 cast per second , 1600 dmg per cast and only one target , u gain your mana back with a 4% mana leech ( assuming a 65/71*2*5= 650/710 base mana pool)

2) even if u miss the life leech from the BM build without aura, u gain the benefit from% aura such as determination and purity with give u more survivability and more dmg mitigation ( especially with inner force) to reflect elem and reflect phy.

3)and i still think that going for block chance nods (+31%)with only 201% more life nods is better EHP once one of your aura is tempest shield supported by iron will and life leech (thks static blow , reduced mana gem and the new ubber evasion legendary helm with reduced mana reservation!) with a legendary shield giving u 400ES each time u block with it (hope to raise my armor to 10k with auras).

so i would go for this , hoping to get the ubber alpha's howl with reduced purity, determination and hatred aura in it.
Last edited by nicoG2 on Mar 22, 2013, 4:03:40 PM
Problem is that mana leech is capped.

Assuming a 650 max mana pool, that's only 81 mana regen per second + 11 base mana regen, which totals 92.

So unless you have a large reserve or are willing to stop casting in the middle of combat at some point to get the mana back, you'll be spending more than you get.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
no a 650 mana pool allows a 97.5 (15% of total mana with a perfect 12.5*1.2 mana leech gem) mana regen per second with mana leech.
Last edited by nicoG2 on Mar 22, 2013, 2:31:35 PM
"
nicoG2 wrote:
no a 650 mana pool allows a 130 (20% of total mana) mana regen per second with mana leech.

Nope. 20% is life leech only. It's 12.5% with mana.

Wiki

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
Anyone know what the base recovery rate for leeched mana is?
750% of maximum mana per minute (12.5% per second).

Here at the bottom
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
Last edited by evantide2 on Mar 22, 2013, 2:31:40 PM
my bad edited with change so with only 97.5 mana/sec u need to increase your 11 mana reg per second to 33 with the help of some+% mana regen gear and a low lvl clarity..

or u need to increase your pool in % with a dream fragment that add also +50% mana reg so 97.5*1.2+11.3*1.5=134 manas/sec.
Last edited by nicoG2 on Mar 22, 2013, 2:47:00 PM
"
nicoG2 wrote:
(...) with the help of some+% mana regen gear and a low lvl clarity..

Simply said there is the key answer to your original question. Why bother with all the hassle and inconsistency with mana, when you can have no resource management problems with a single gem (BM)?
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
because i want to use my % life regen/sec to survive against mob rather than using most of it to cast my spell...
What about something like this for EK (spell on BM)?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFB8uIzPKS72SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7cT2893EFT0PPC0ki331xq58u7c-_go62MWKerjyRew48B-uk2z252MaOASzogC18qZXp4QUTQJxqW464ZBVeA1N44jxwBpYr6xZZp426EZp_o-plfrSZKOHKVFgNukdFBpV42qPRkw1BjlhIacI0NAoxXnA4uqE79rdFVC4k89l877u2QHcXhN07c36VcakGcOGeu98gxv655FgSxEtJd-srwUtjr6E2SycZU1uaUmyVa5Hfr6nAuNEq6vF0k0HpY-mwA-CEN-wDH0Qf8ae

it's a 120 pts build, but iìm actualling playing it and i think it s pretty viable for softcore and not so hard to level: i focused on taking the biggest stats nodes for skills and stuff requirements, maximize hp, took all the easly accessible hp regen% nodes and even reach the witch starting area.
When leveling i rushed the starting area, gone north and took +30 dex, than gone right and south and took the other +30 dex with +30 str near IG and some of the hps. After that i lead north to get to the witch starting area. last i planned to respec the 4 points from mid (over IG) to the witch starting area, completing the duelist's starting area (i rly like the movspd bonus and too kthe extra block too), filled all the near hps and block nodes and changed the route from templar starting to north, taking hp and more block till reaching witch's start where i went before.
What do u think about it?
Check out my NON CRIT PHYS SPLIT ARROW BOW GUIDE! The deeeps where you couldn't imagine!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242996

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info