What i doing Wrong Low Dps GS

i runing grace /datermation /vitely/purity

im fine at 66-68lvl map never tryed 69
5k hp
20k armour

but my dps is sux only 521 whit 4l

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_Pfx8uCku7w653fIv1I8ZLiftrKpyqXzZ893E9jwtxq63Pnq4_gryRedjrpOmVzrhiPG18qluTeOsWf6PWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2V-IyiXflBLMUTfAfAnGiAGae-tI26SSqGYXjam6qPycqTRUgg9ss6d0N_MVnoId2Sn1brxjbQ5wOrSmlE1tk51XWZ5sdFI9G0NDPZVXGFm-nCLiTDH0Qf8aeOrM1hvxLznFsFg==

i gona maybe soon whit bow like he/she
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/233826

Last edited by davc1234567890 on Mar 22, 2013, 2:01:03 PM
Hello!

The problem is in the 4L GS you use! You are using BM, LGoH and FA support gems. Not a single one of those helps your damage as a GS character!

For a start, since you don't have a 5L yet, just get a 4L RRRR item (use some Chromatics on the current one?), and socket it with GS - BM - LGoH and Melee Physical Damage instead of FA. When you do that, two things will happen. First, your tooltip DPS might go a bit down - however, wait for the second - your actual damage will become higher. Because you will deal about the same DPS about twice slower, due to the way armour works, you are going to penetrate monsters harder, and hit for higher overall DPS.

The DPS tooltip on physical characters is *not* really correct - simply because of the way armour works.

If you need more damage; switch LGoH for "Added Fire Damage". That will give a really big boost when combined with Melee Physical Damage, however it will gimp your survivability a bit. Only do this if you feel tanky enough!

The real step up for your GS is going to be when you acquire a 5L item. Get a 5L with all red sockets, and use GS-LGoH-BM-Melee Physical-Added Fire.

One last tip - switch up Vitality for Hatred! This will boost your damage nicely, and indirectly boost your survivability as well, because the enemies will be chilled.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info