The endgame is full of BS, im finally quitting this game for good.

"
mhobos wrote:
"
105731337 wrote:
"
KalHirol wrote:

There is absolutely nothing fun or challenging in the endgame anymore, its all Epilepsy inducing BS that is unfair and only doable with a Miner or trapper or totem build.

You are clearly wrong about this. I've watched the HC streamers, and they are doing end game content on builds that aren't miner, trapper, or totem.

Maybe some introspection would be best, instead of blaming the state of the game.

Bro...everyone and every build should do Sirius. If not we have a problem, cuz the idea of PoE is to promote diversity not the other way around.

Huh? That us entirely your opinion. You are not entitled to sirus kill by any stretch of imagination.
Yeah, it's really too bad. And there is no reason to think PoE 2 will fix this trend:

I don't see any evidence suggesting the dev team acknowledges any of these issues, despite all the old-timers in this thread confirming them.
Wash your hands, Exile!
But guys, they won a BAFTA award! Clearly this award (sort of like the Nobel Prize, in that it has zero meaning anymore) means they are 100% without fault and have no issues in their game at all!

Now go buy those MTXs and packs! Hurry!
Last edited by Baloosh on Apr 3, 2020, 11:57:40 AM
"
Baloosh wrote:
But guys, they won a BAFTA award! Clearly this award (sort of like the Nobel Prize, in that it has zero meaning anymore) means they are 100% without fault and have no issues in their game at all!

Now go buy those MTXs and packs! Hurry!

To top it off, the won for "evolving game," which is basically a participation award considering the game's age. No shit it's changed a lot, I remember back when the action wasn't paced like a ferret on amphetamines to the point that my eyes glaze over at the technicolor vomit washing over my screen.
This is a buff™
Indeed. To elaborate on my earlier point:

Hampered visibility is and always has been a poor stand-in for genuine challenge, for the simple reason that it is a cheesy thing for the game to do, and as such its most effective counter is also cheese.

The most popular form of cheese is to out-DPS monsters; that is, to kill them before they can act. The second most popular is probably proxy damage (such as minions), so you don't have to wade into the diarrhea in the first place.

The amphetamine-driven gameplay and visual vomit are really symptoms (and likely not discrete design decisions, despite appearing to be such) of that horrible design paradigm that the GGG devs quite bafflingly continue to embrace. (They address only the most egregious examples, and only after everyone and their grandmothers throw a fit on reddit.)

If monsters were genuinely challenging without using cheese, then players would not have to use cheese either, and the devs would finally be empowered (right now they are impotent) to slowly bring this game into a state of balance.

Instead, GGG continually backs itself into a smaller and smaller design corner.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Players create the visibility problems though. That's not a natural thing that happens. No matter how crazy a map is you can always tell exactly what's going on, until you rush through stuff and aggro a dozen packs of monsters, while shooting off 30 projectiles a second that all explode.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
Players create the visibility problems though. That's not a natural thing that happens. No matter how crazy a map is you can always tell exactly what's going on, until you rush through stuff and aggro a dozen packs of monsters, while shooting off 30 projectiles a second that all explode.

What game are YOU playing? Because here in PoE, even if you do try to take things slowly you will have a horde of coke-fiends sprinting at you with a half dozen speed mods to smash themselves into you so fast they break their own animations, while a firing squad rains a rainbow of death from offscreen. That is what PoE is right now. A heaving swarm of HP sacks jittering towards you with comical speed.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info