The endgame is full of BS, im finally quitting this game for good.

Hey there,

I ve been a loyal gamer and customer since the the beta, my first league was anarchy/Onslaught (5years ago?) and i have been playing almost every league for at least 4 weeks, didnt get a single char to 100, but 10+ to level 95+.

But here is the caveat, I only play HC league.

There used to be a time where the game simply was challenging because endgame maps were difficult and gear was very hard to get, poe.trade did not exist back then. The game was fun.

Later there was a time where we had Ascendancy classes and poe.trade, the game got easier, but there was still a lot of challenging endgame content, mainly bosses, like Atziri or Abaxoth, later the Breachlords, then shaper and his guardians and finally überelder. The game was fun.

There was a time where Rigwald, esspecially twinned Rigwald was supposed to be one of the most challenging encounters in the game.
Same with twinned core (back then core was always red tier map).
I embraced those fights, the stuff that everyone on HC was to scared to do, I did that, numerous times, because those fight were hard, but also fair.

Now we have Ascendancy classes, cluster jewels, abyss belts and jewels, legion jewels, insane new uniques, blight amulet enchant, influenced items, catalysts and so on,
I never had a character stronger than the one i played this league.
7k ES, 4.500 life, 75%chaos resist, 85% elemtal resist, 10% perma damage reduction + 14% perma physical reduction + 3 endurance charges + Taunt, 30% block, 8% spell block, 9% attack dodge + pantheons maxed, immune to ignite, poison, burning ground, corrupted blood, also using bone armour constantly.
And still rocking 1.5-2million DPS.
MY GEAR IS INSANE, level 4 empower, 6linked 600% es chest with 10% life as ES, charisma enchant on the amulet (2 golden oils), level 21 all around and so on... (character: DogeBlashyrkh --> now dead)

So the power level has reached the highest peak.
Yet the game is ABSOLUT BS AT THE ENDGAME and no gear will save your from it.

1.) Did Simulacrum, got to wave 20, spawned 2 bosses.
There is 0 counterplay because the arena is to small and the bosses just stack 10 different debuffs on you (like unnerve) which you cannot remove. --> undoable

2.) Tried Awakener (level 5) 2 times --> last phase used 5 portals, couldnt kill him, couldnt even see him actually, --> undoable

3.) Hunter Guardian constantly kills my minion, there is no counterplay, I tried everything, from chaos resist for minion, convocation spam, deathmark and so on, they die at least 3 times before i can kill him. --> unfair and not fun

4.) Did Überatziri --> undoable, the bosses before that are fine, new Überatziri is absolut BS.
The fight was already BS before that because she could crit you for insane bleed damage with her spear and u died in 1 second or if the lightning just clipped you, it could kill you through any resists, because the damage range on that skill is so huge.
Now the fight is absolute chaos, i portaled out at one point.
Came back into the area --> died to INVISIBLE double flameblast

5.) Shaper --> Fun fight, balanced, but getting the fragments is impossible, 2weeks in I have 1 of them.

6.) Überelder --> see shaper, fun fight, but basically removed from the game

7.) Aul
I played Delve League, I played almost every league since then, i delved to 300+ many times.
I have not see Aul A SINGLE TIME IN MY WHOLE POE CAREER.
--> BS

8.) Metamorph
While many fights are fine, there are always BS encounters that are not fixed.
Summoned a very weak meta (20% more damage), it was a special mob type from act 3 temples, the summon red circles on the ground, killed all my minions, including my AG in 2 seconds without any way to react to that.
My AG has 85% resist, 25k life, and they killed him in 2 seconds in a yellow map. --> Absolut BS

There is absolutely nothing fun or challenging in the endgame anymore, its all Epilepsy inducing BS that is unfair and only doable with a Miner or trapper or totem build.
90% of the endgame content is just annoying and im not looking forward to it, only Legion and Breachlords are still fine.
I would be so happy if I could just do shaper and Elder/Überleder, but you took that from us and gave us this absolute BS.

I am no longer willing to put up with this, the game is in a horrible state.
I have never seen my friends leave a league so early, 9 days in, my entire flist was empty.
And its not because of the league, its because of this BS endgame.
Same for my guild with over 100 members by the way.

If you think that SC players will enjoy literally dying 1.000 times before hitting level 90, then you are out of your mind.
This is not even an misrepresentation, they have been many screnshots of players dying 500-1.000 times in 2 weeks of playing.
And we HC player will not enjoy have all endgame content locked away from us because its basically a gamble of your character and you have 0 control over anything.

Corona Pandemic will seriously inflate your player numbers, therefore you will probably think this patch/expansion was a great success, until you realize that this game has lost so much of its appeal last 2 expansions and it will eventually show in numbers next league or next one after that.

I enjoyed the first 3 years of the game very much, 1 year was up and down, I actually liked stuff like blight for example, but in general the last year was the least fun Ive ever had with this game and im not looking forward for your next awakener rework, I have lost all faith.

Bye.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Last edited by KalHirol on Mar 31, 2020, 10:54:55 AM
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2020, 11:00:26 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
been dying like crazy too thought it was just that i'm new
good old times, nice read and i agree to most of it despite never really playing hardcore.

sorry to see you go.

i can agree on the epilepsiy thing, these chinese fireworks effects of the new masters (tataaaaaaaa!) aren't amazing.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 31, 2020, 4:28:00 PM
I used to play HC, about 5 years ago, and I was always angry. I switched to SC, and I was less angry. I switched from SC to SFSC, and I was even less angry.

Not saying this is the solution, but when the world throws shit at you, you have to consider; "should I change my expectations?"

Maybe you should quit the game and become a more productive human, in which case, Well done! we should all follow your example! Genuinely.

Or, you shift your in-game priorities and you feel less terrible... either are legit options.
Agree with everything said pretty much except for the old core fight being "fair." How is it fair when you can have double boss or increased AoE in that tiny arena with Malachai 1 shotting everything in it constantly? The mechanics for that fight are sound, but the arena is stupidly small so it made that fight complete garbage.

Meanwhile I'm still playing in the present day, enjoying myself (I guess?) for the most part. I've completely gave up trying to make a fast character and resorted to a block gladiator - haven't made it very far but if I start getting one shot constantly still I'll probably quit the league too.

It really isn't fun sitting there for hours in yellow maps when I have reds to run because either my damage is lacking, or survivability either of which are really expensive for me to upgrade when to me the amount of currency I've already put into any of my characters should be sufficient to clear all of the content (except HoGM - which I don't consider to be part of the game b/c it's retarded,) to me anyway.
"
Saf3tyhazard wrote:
if I start getting one shot constantly still I'll probably quit the league too

i am here, all resist capped, including chaos, last league i ran tier 15 smoothly.
now, i get wiped clean by trash mob and i don't even know why.
like my 4000ES+1500HP are nothing.
i do not take damage, i just die.

i will try again, and after this weekend, i'll leave the league i guess, maybe the game if my former char in standard have the same issue.

they buffed mob damages & speed & aggro without telling us, it is crass.
Can i have your stuff?
"
Balownga wrote:
"
Saf3tyhazard wrote:
if I start getting one shot constantly still I'll probably quit the league too

i am here, all resist capped, including chaos, last league i ran tier 15 smoothly.
now, i get wiped clean by trash mob and i don't even know why.
like my 4000ES+1500HP are nothing.
i do not take damage, i just die.

i will try again, and after this weekend, i'll leave the league i guess, maybe the game if my former char in standard have the same issue.

they buffed mob damages & speed & aggro without telling us, it is crass.

4 + 1.5 is very low.
I too have played since closed beta and I've usually defended GGG in many of their decisions and difficulty of the game. No more, I have to agree with you here. The Sirus fight is undoable atm, I again tried today and the fight had already begun when I got to the arena, there was no monologue, just Sirus already screaming die. A storm also stayed in the arena, that was a nice bonus...you can guess how it turned out.

In general the game has gotten ridiculous. Server issues, bad balance decisions, going back on their word about mid-league nerfs are all issues too. Not sure if I'll quit, but I'm definitely not happy with where the game is right now.
I think I died like 40 times on my CA Trickster at level 95. Most deaths stem from Kosis at wave 20 Simulacrum, the rest is freezes and performance problems from Delirium. I hit maps deathless and went from 70 to 93 with 4 or 5 deaths.

The game has become more difficult and complexe, and with a broad and casual audience, you'll see lots of people die often. I am tutoring some newer players on and off my stream and one of them is dying constantly despite my best efforts to help him build well-rounded characters. The point is: the game hands you the tools to make your own story, but some people just want to throw their dead bodies at bosses till they fall over. And while I agree that performance is an issue and some aspects of the game are overtuned, I disagree with the overall sentiment.

Always sad to see an oldie go, but hey if you made up your mind then that's alright. Fare thee well and hope Wolcen / Torchlight / D3 can fill that gap. I know for me they could never
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info