[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

liking this build. league start was slow, early leveling was tough without twink gear as very few dmg nodes naer scion. once i could get agnostic anda coupple good items it took off. clearspeed is nuts, i feel like i have perma 200% ms or something. i have to be really careful not to leeroy into mob packs as i dont have omeyacan yet, thats been the cause of basically all my deaths. one recommendation i ahve is using garden crafts to do weapons- making two +1 lightning weps was super easy and seems like a pretty good dmg boost.

Last edited by yoloqueen on Jun 22, 2020, 3:57:24 PM
Ya flaskfinder's run pretty fast. You can get 250% without trying.

I'm not sure that +1 lightning skills is that good for this build, although it is a big more modifier it doesn't scale arcane cloak damage like the normal modifiers we want like, crit/spell damage/ele as chaos.
ok ill keep an eye out for new weapons. these have been fine for leveling. how important is it to use daggers? i have been using vigilant strike basically zero times, so i almost feel like swapping to wands for more spell damage
"
And here is my current PoB link (updated for 3.11) :

https://pastebin.com/aPWBRjw5 (Starter PoB)

https://pastebin.com/HjWptFUp (Endgame PoB)

The endgame PoB shows that you went for the Hierophant ascendancy rather than Saboteur? I couldn't find any recent comments on this and it doesn't seems to be documented in the notice board, can you explain this change in ascendancy?

https://imgur.com/I35go8i
Last edited by ArakNyD on Jun 23, 2020, 12:01:30 AM
I have a problem: when I try to use the omeyacan boots my mana drains crazy fast, even with the other uniques in the build like the cloak of defiance and atziri's foible, and all the mana regen nodes in the tree.

now assuming I have mana flask charges, this is no problem as I can just constantly drink mana which is what happens most of the time.

but sometimes I find myself in positions where I don't have flask charges and there's no enemies around to kill, so my mana drains to 0 and I'm not able to throw any mines because i'm out of mana so I'm completely screwed and can't attack. The flask charge regen from the scion helps, but I noticed most builds on poe ninja (including akane's current skill tree) don't use the scion node for recharing flasks over time. how are they using these boots? i have a similar tree and similar uniques and I'm finding myself in positions where I can't cast any skills because I haven't killed an enemy in the last 10 seconds and I have no flask charges

"
ArakNyD wrote:
"

The endgame PoB shows that you went for the Hierophant ascendancy rather than Saboteur? I couldn't find any recent comments on this and it doesn't seems to be documented in the notice board, can you explain this change in ascendancy?

Additional MoM (+8%) is a huge EHP boost, as well as the extra mana and spell damage on arcane surge. Its arguable whether it puts out better numbers than sabo but as you can get sabo's blind in a cluster jewel (Disorientating display) it looks like the way to go. I'll be swapping over to it once I pick up an Indigon today.

"
a3w4tt34y5 wrote:
I have a problem: when I try to use the omeyacan boots my mana drains crazy fast, even with the other uniques in the build like the cloak of defiance and atziri's foible, and all the mana regen nodes in the tree.
-snip-

Can you open up your characters so I can have a quick look at your tree and build?

Update for the beginning of day 4. Builds easily scaled well with minor investment, some small upgrades (not listed are the cluster jewels, testing 1 large 1 med so far and picking up second med later.) Also rejigged the passive tree to drop Annihilation and pick up some more defensive nodes.
Gear now looks like:

Weapons are both self crafted from harvest lightning spam, not bad but not tier 1 either. Will probably upgrade these later. Indigon is next on the list (hoping for a slight price drop today below 4ex). And a swap over to Hiero instead of sab once I can get some more regrets!
Crafting Consortium - The Igloo Mirror Shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283615
Last edited by GrandpaPenguin on Jun 23, 2020, 3:39:33 AM
Cluster jewel crafting is alot harder. Disorienting display jewel will be alot harder to hit with a 2 socket, and all the flask jewels seem harder to craft. Spiked concoction seems really common but you can only have 1 of those and it seems really hard to hit brewed for potency or liquid inspiration with a distilled perfection.

Also apparently there are 2 bases for cluster jewels which is kind of confusing. There is a flask effect duration and a life/mana recovery cluster jewel and I don't know if they share the same noteables 100%. Path of building not updated to reflect this. I'm not sure you can hit brewed for potency on the life/mana flask but it's alot of rng.

"
Ciatlov wrote:
Cluster jewel crafting is alot harder. Disorienting display jewel will be alot harder to hit with a 2 socket, and all the flask jewels seem harder to craft. Spiked concoction seems really common but you can only have 1 of those and it seems really hard to hit brewed for potency or liquid inspiration with a distilled perfection.

Also apparently there are 2 bases for cluster jewels which is kind of confusing. There is a flask effect duration and a life/mana recovery cluster jewel and I don't know if they share the same noteables 100%. Path of building not updated to reflect this. I'm not sure you can hit brewed for potency on the life/mana flask but it's alot of rng.

Yeah seems annoying, special reserve looks alright as well. 20% damage boost and 2% life regen, not great but a decent backup.

Edit: Ciat check craftofexile.com, pretty sure its been updated. I'll ask Localidentity in discord if the fork has been updated with clusters.
Crafting Consortium - The Igloo Mirror Shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283615
Last edited by GrandpaPenguin on Jun 23, 2020, 7:15:54 AM
Special reserve is pretty easy to hit. This is a good flask jewel at low gear levels. Seems like Brewed for potency and distilled perfection isn't too hard to hit, liquid inspiration is really hard though. I've made like 9 decent jewels at this point and haven't hit that one very much.
"
Ciatlov wrote:

Also apparently there are 2 bases for cluster jewels which is kind of confusing. There is a flask effect duration and a life/mana recovery cluster jewel and I don't know if they share the same noteables 100%.

according to this https://poedb.tw/us/item.php?n=Medium+Cluster+Jewel
only Distilled Perfection and Spiked Concoction is shared and if weightings are right life/mana recovery cluster jewel will be way easier to catch Distilled Perfection and Spiked Concoction combo, however not the best one since we prefer 3x Liquid Inspiration

sad part that Liquid is under mana tag with dogshit weightings meaning it will be really hard to catch 3 of these.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info