Largemidget's Leap Slam Buff Thief - UPDATED with Teaser video of new spec (BIG deeps)

This is the spec I am currently using at end game, for end game maps and also magic find.

It uses leap slam as the primary attack, 2 x enduring shout for quick endurance charge generation, enfeeble, 6 x Auras and Dominating blow with Culling strike/IQ/IIR. For those that don't know Dominating blow converts the enemy to fight for you. This is useful for 2 reasons, 1 is to build up a few target dummies for hard content, enemies attack your minions instead of you. Reason 2 is that any rare mob with an aura will give you that aura when converted. Especially useful for 'Enemies cannot die' 'Faster attacks' 'Increased physical'. If you add increased duration to it minions will last 60 seconds, and rarely die.

Here is the spec:- Currently level 85. For future levels you have every option open, defense/dps/life all reachable depending on your preference. I'll prob go more life.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxth7jFhjIQI9_FBQKvZ8uIzPIVUpLvZIOQ7cPV8_6hhUSVW151Keze8OpzB257ndAefyL9SPNugZLmSjJ-0aVayqYSFyqVnzh2oS4XzZwBqQbKLqqZTvToTZQKAyCSi1ypBlTW5pBS0hYGCIR36-p2BLdPFhUnrvGNueuZ_LdO1DnA6tKaWQVaeEGjjsOFfid-UyiQSzFE3wH6logzjvfKIAZp760h0Uj0anCLiTDH0Qf8aeNunjaiSqGYXQ0M9lVcYWb5uhZ73z3RQgUEc=

Skill quests - Life/Skill/Endurance charge.

Auras - Wrath/Hatred/Anger/Determination/Grace/Purity. I'd only consider this when using a 6 link with blood magic. Before hand I used Grace and Anger only.

Main gem links -
5 link without carnage heart Leap slam/Faster attacks/Melee physical/Concentrated effect/life leech
5 link with carnge heart - Leap slam/Faster attacks/Melee physical/Added fire/Concentrated effect
6 Link add blood magic gem (so before getting 6 link use blood magic keystone)

Pro's -
Big Dps in aoe form
The ability to move while doing damage
The ability to dodge while doing damage.
Very tanky (6 auras and gear with 5 x endurance charge)
No resource issues (mana/life regen)
Able to use magic find and still be powerful. (I can run up to level 70 rare maps with 2 x andvarius and aurseize when solo while being comfortable not dying)

Cons -
Melee physical reflect will hurt depending on gear. Endurance charges/Armor potions will completely negate this however, but you need to watch for it.
Chaos damage can be an issue depending on your gear and content. The ability to leap slam to chaos targets quickly and leap out of aoe here is great though.
Your a melee character so naturally you need to be in melee which means you'll probably get hit more than a ranged character. Again the ability to dps and move quickly at the same time counters this imo.

Comparison - Here is my gear and stats for comparison.

Gear

Stats offense -

Stats defense - With armor flask and purity at level 19 (resistances will go up to 85% at 20) Max Chaos resistance.

**Video** -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YPw3MC38oI&feature=youtu.be

As with all threads like these i've not touched on everything about the spec, so feel free to ask any questions and i'll try and answer.

Last edited by pengant on Apr 8, 2013, 10:25:47 AM
Tried the dominating blow + culling strike and it didn't work as I intended :

My idea was to use many skill with durations (viper strike / immortal call / dominating blow / summon skels etc...) and be a ranger to get 45% increased duration of skills quickly. Then equip Queen's Decree to help those minions and since it's a sword I can use viper strike. Since I don't need dps with my sword, I just viper strike and when the mob is dropping below 10% I just use dominating blow supported with culling strike. That's the theory.
I convert the mob which lasts 32 sec at lvl 1 increased duration, lvl 1 dominating blow & +45% from my tree. That's great!
The issue is :
Any support connected to dominating blow will also support your minions, meaning my minions WILL cull mobs. That's where I failed my build just now. How do I get last hits now ? When I'll get around 5-6 mobs it will be impossible to get the last hits. I don't see any way to get around by keeping my Queen's Decree cause if I support my dominating blow in any way to have more chance to get the last hit, my minions will also get those supports ._. So... if you got any idea to keep on playing this failed char :P
You're talking about a completely different build. And it sounds like you're focusing on dominating blow too much.

My build uses leap slam as the main attack and dominating blow is my support, for using the auras that come on rare monsters. I dont build up an army of minions ill mostly only ever have 1 active.

When i've converted a minion it very rarely gets the kill on anything other than white monsters and usually just provides me with the aura and acting as a meatshield.

The only problem id have is if the minion killed a rare mob, because obviously i want to kill it myself with dominating blow, but this rarely ever happens. I simply leap slam straight onto the rare and tend to push it away from the minion while the minion tanks some trash. This happens without any effort.

Can you update your gear with gems? Seems like an interesting build and I want to give it a run. Thanks!
Last edited by wired_wicked on Mar 31, 2013, 3:31:58 PM

I swap the blood magic gem on my weapon to my helm to put on grace to my hp pool. I also swap reduced mana from my gloves to my boots when buffing anger. This is when prebuffing auras.

I'm also leveling haste currently and will eventually pick up the reduced mana talents to take that at which point ill just link my gloves obviously.

I'll also swap Added fire damage and concentrated effect from my chest to my weapon when im running high level content. In the links above im using magic find with my leap slam so everything i kill gets the benefit. (for high lvl content my leap slam will be around 13k with those gems, but for magic find in lower level maps ill run with a 6k leap slam and 200% item quality, with the iir/iiq gems on my weapon)
Last edited by pengant on Apr 1, 2013, 3:59:20 PM
Update -

Updated gear on the main thread as well as screenshots of my offensive and defensive stats. Decided to drop from 13k leap slam dps to 12.2k, but max out my chaos resistance at 75% in merciless which is a massive difference. Chaos was pretty much the only thing that could hit me for big damage in a single hit and every other damage type i can mitigate with something, so was a very good trade off for a little dps as now i'm pretty much untouchable. A kaom's heart will be my final upgrade when i can afford it, which will make this spec very impressive with over twice the hp.

Added a small gameplay video of me vs a level 72 map boss and trash just to give you an idea of the playstyle. What I like about this spec is that you want to jump into a big pile of monsters rather than avoid them, which i didn't find that fun with ranged. I meet a physical reflect rare in the boss room so it gives you a good idea of how this deals with reflect mobs, as 20% elemental already on map also.

Map has following stats -

Elemental Equibilibrium
Warlords Mark
25% monster attack speed/cast speed/damage
Monsters reflect 20% of elemental
Monsters resist 80% cold damage.
I know this says end game only but i am relly enjoying this build for leveling

level 48 and gear so far

and i got this ready for when i hit 58 to use

ty for the guide but i am a little unsure why you got static blows right now i dont seem to be doing to much lightning damage but then again i dont have wrath on yet
From aesthetic point of view the leap lam build is awful. Some kind of french frog build. Somewhat efficient, yet awful and early brain damage guaranteed. Unfortunately leap gem is more dmg efficient then groundslam
IGN: Seze
You want over 800 lightning damage to make static blows worth taking. I got it for solo play when I ran with about 1k lightning damage, but have since swapped it out for the 2 x 5% mana reserved nodes and ended up dropping some lightning damage. I can now run with 7 auras including haste.

And yeah it doesn't look the best does it, some sort of crazy frog as you say, but it is pretty fun to play and seems quite effective as melee specs go.
Is your skill tree link broken? Doesn't seem to be working for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info