Newbe problems

Hey,

first of all, I'm from Germany and my english skill are not so good, but i hope you guys will understand my problems.

I really like PoE but it seems to be a little bit hard for me - it their a tutorial? Actually i am playing a witch and i'm level 14 and i am grinding the area behind the upper prison looking for the next entrance to a new area :-P Since i am level 8 or 9 i have the same skills. i completed nearly all quests for the skill gems, but they are already at the maximum of their level. So for example my "coldsnap" is at level 2 and does not get a new level.
Furthermore i am not a fan of the map (pressing "U"). Its very confusing to me. Questlisting is confusing too.
A further question is the design of different items. It seems thats they all look very similar. WIll this change in higher levels?
Last but not least, is there no money ingame? If i sell items, i just get new Items like "Scroll of Wisdom"

thank you for reading and a second big thanks for answering!

Helmi
Last edited by Helmi202 on Apr 15, 2012, 1:59:51 PM
Scroll of Wisdom is the money, as is several other item types....

Each piece of money has its own function, so thats where we are on the money.

As for Skills / Gems. Each has requirements to allow it to achieve its next level. If you lack a requirement, its will be in red when you put your pointer over it.

Most exits for areas are located along the outer edges of the maps. Furthest point away from the entrance you came in.
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
Please take a look at the stickied threads, in the beta general section: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/107

google translate:
Bitte werfen Sie einen Blick auf die stickied Fäden, in der Beta-Abschnitt Allgemein.
Sweeping Maid
"
Helmi202 wrote:
Hey,

first of all, I'm from Germany and my english skill are not so good, but i hope you guys will understand my problems.

I really like PoE but it seems to be a little bit hard for me - it their a tutorial? Actually i am playing a witch and i'm level 14 and i am grinding the area behind the upper prison looking for the next entrance to a new area :-P Since i am level 8 or 9 i have the same skills. i completed nearly all quests for the skill gems, but they are already at the maximum of their level. So for example my "coldsnap" is at level 2 and does not get a new level.
Furthermore i am not a fan of the map (pressing "U"). Its very confusing to me. Questlisting is confusing too.
A further question is the design of different items. It seems thats they all look very similar. WIll this change in higher levels?
Last but not least, is there no money ingame? If i sell items, i just get new Items like "Scroll of Wisdom"

thank you for reading and a second big thanks for answering!

Helmi

Are you 12 years old, vhy are you vhinging like dis? Just play the game man and all shall be revealed.. grasshopper... If that's too hard for you then come back when you grow up :)
Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire.....

If i am a troll who is no troll who then is the troll? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53626 }:)

'I rise from the ashes of my own defeat, only to be smitten down again...'
- Some poor soul.
edit- nevermind :)
Last edited by patroche on Apr 16, 2012, 6:52:11 AM
"
Nemesis5858 wrote:

Are you 12 years old, vhy are you vhinging like dis? Just play the game man and all shall be revealed.. grasshopper... If that's too hard for you then come back when you grow up :)

Meany....
"
Nemesis5858 wrote:

That's not very nice of you....

Also at the original post: Scrolls of wisdom and other various orbs are the in-game currency, i like it, different for once :) Also, press TAB opens a minimap UI overlay that works very nicely, you just need to get used to it ;)
Shoep - Default league Ranger
Peohs - Any other class or character i play.
Jhuvik - My Marauder
Merialeth - My witch
"
HolySh0t wrote:
"
Nemesis5858 wrote:

Meany....
corrected ^^ asshole
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
"
necromuso wrote:
"
HolySh0t wrote:
"
Nemesis5858 wrote:

Meany....
corrected ^^ asshole

+1

asking questions must be allowed. even if they are explained somewhere else. We all know, its not easy starting in the mechanics of the game.
Sorry for my English...
+1 for a Language Sections in the Forum
Yeah no worries, ask away, but mate this german dude has made it to lvl 14 and almost finished the first act and is now whinning about how the game works.... If this was an rpg aimed at casual gamers it would be called Diablo 3 8)

Furthermore why the fuck it it so hard for people to find the big pair of double doors that lead to Act 2 after they kill Brutus?! There must be alot of 12 year olds playing this game...

It is always refreshing to play a game that doesn't babysit you, that challenges you to engage your cognitive powers...
Stick with it Helmi old man , either you'll master it or it will master you.

How many of you played Demon Souls and whined about how hard it was...?
Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire.....

If i am a troll who is no troll who then is the troll? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53626 }:)

'I rise from the ashes of my own defeat, only to be smitten down again...'
- Some poor soul.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info