Why is PVP taking so long?

"
Then Elemental Weakness will bring that res down to a reasonable level.

Not neccesarily. You can have 100+ magic resistance, so after the resistance is reduced you can still be above the cap. Actually in this game its not something that is very hard to do , there is so much resistance on all of the items.
"
"
Pvp isnt here yet because AoF ruins the game. AoF would beat anything. And Flicker would beat AoF. Would be more of a PvP rock paper scissors with 3 options, nuclear bomb (Flicker), scissors (AoF), and paper (anything that doesnt use flicker or have AoF and a bow.)

You might be asking "But Mr. Elephant, how does paper beat nuclear bomb?" It doesn't.

Actually, what I'm asking is, "Mr. Elephant, do you understand the meaning of the word 'anything'?"

Not in the slightest.

"
Cybernetics wrote:
"
"
Pvp isnt here yet because AoF ruins the game. AoF would beat anything. And Flicker would beat AoF. Would be more of a PvP rock paper scissors with 3 options, nuclear bomb (Flicker), scissors (AoF), and paper (anything that doesnt use flicker or have AoF and a bow.)

You might be asking "But Mr. Elephant, how does paper beat nuclear bomb?" It doesn't.

Actually, what I'm asking is, "Mr. Elephant, do you understand the meaning of the word 'anything'?"

AoF converts all your physical damage to fire. So if someone were to stack fire resist...

Aof is tough, but it is beatable.

Interesting point but in-fact AoF builds wouldn't be tough to kill, they would be tough to hit before your already long dead.

Wait until you are doing chaos runs and ask everyone how much dps they do and what build they have then tell me they are beatable when they do 100k dps and you have 3k hp.

AOF lets you stack elemental dmg modifiers and physical dmg modifiers together multiplicatively. Also you can spend the rest of your points on Crit Dmg multiplier with non on chance and pop diamond potions. So you can have 500% crit dmg multiplier, 100% chance to crit on a multiplicatively modified damage, this is why AoF is a problem. It will 1hit any player in the game at the moment. Also you dont even have to pick gear that has armor, or lightning resist, or cold resist becuase they are all useless. PvP implementation at this stage would send the player-base into disarray and panic about the future of the game.
Last edited by Flytheelephant on Apr 16, 2012, 12:12:58 PM
"
marc2510 wrote:
i dont know if its a good sign? are they working really hard to make pvp good or just dont really see it as a major feature?

the only reason im still here is to play pvp/pk

so hurry up!

if they are gonna allow pk how would that work? its not a open world and most area's are instanced right? just curious
"
cheeseheads wrote:
"
marc2510 wrote:
i dont know if its a good sign? are they working really hard to make pvp good or just dont really see it as a major feature?

the only reason im still here is to play pvp/pk

so hurry up!

if they are gonna allow pk how would that work? its not a open world and most area's are instanced right? just curious

In the cut throat league you'll be able to enter other players instances
Vengeance of the Fallen
Last edited by SoulForge on Apr 16, 2012, 1:11:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info