installation directory must be on a local drive

How do I get around this? I get this error when running the MSI installer. Won't install in any drive even drive C
You should probably check your HD space, might not have enough to install it. Disable your anti-virus and firewall, TEMPORARY. And update/install .NET Framework 4. You should update your

I would also advise you to install CCleaner and start scanning your Registry for inconsistency. You can also use CCleaner to clean up your PC of miscellaneous/un-needed files, this will help you give extra HD space. Don't worry it won't do harm to your PC.

Hope I helped.
By the way, is this an "MSI Error 1722". If so, please follow the steps below for resolving this issue.

1. Remove any traces of the failed Java installation by uninstalling Java
2. Download and install the offline installer package.

Do this while temporarily disabling your anti-virus and firewall. And if you are using Win7 OS, remember to "Run as Administrator".
i just cleared enough disk space, problem is i think it is considering all drives as a network or portable drive. AV has also been disabled, and i am unable to run it as administrator since the option is disabled - i think run as admin is for exe only?

I checked event logs and saw this error

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Path of Exile. Product Version: 0.9.8.16065. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Grinding Gear Games. Installation success or error status: 1602.
Installation success or error status: 1602 = User canceled installation

I don't think this has to do with your PC, you might have downloaded a wrong client, but it is highly unlikely if you downloaded it from the actual PoE website. I advise to download the client again but this time disable your AV/firewall. I'm not sure about this "Run as Administrator" disabled on your PC, I don't have this issue with me, all program can be "Run as Administrator".
i had to crack open the MSI, i think the one in the site is broken. I just ran the client.exe afterwards and it is now downloading. I thought the installer though is 2.6GB but it turns out as 3.65GB
WOAH!!! 3.6 GB? That's alot of stuff to download, but I will still gonna download it if the time I'm accepted in beta.

Keep me posted if your new client keeps bugging.
I got it, maybe it's a problem of not having enough free memory. At least that's what worked for me.

I was getting the same error and after I freed up my RAM, the installation ran just fine.
Last edited by GeorgeeW on May 12, 2012, 7:49:04 AM
im still having this problem, i followed everything this thread suggested and im still getting the same error. anyone else having this same problem?
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info