Season One, Race Event 99: 1 Hour Lethal Solo

Maybe I'm missing something, but what would stop them from just having a 1 hour race every hour, along with longer races constantly as well? Is it just that they're trying to keep the prizes rare?
"
Maybe I'm missing something, but what would stop them from just having a 1 hour race every hour, along with longer races constantly as well? Is it just that they're trying to keep the prizes rare?

My understanding is that at least one of the devs stays up to oversee each race. I don't think they have the manpower to run races every hour on the hour 24/7.

Maybe when they get to hire more staff....
Watch me die numerous times, and then rage.

twitch.tv/theprolawnmower
"
i do i join the race
2 mins before the game starts, I get a disconnect

And now every time I start the game "Unable to connect to patching server"

- stayed up 2 hours longer to play the race and now this - :=/

- edit: now it works again

3 mins late, but whatever
Last edited by Dragonelf on Apr 3, 2013, 10:03:27 PM
Major case of not registering movement. Looks like just another unplayable race. 16 meg down, 30 ms pings, and the game is unplayable over 90% of the time. Its like trying to play CS on 56k against a team of high speed internet players. Its still fun for a while, but your never going to make progress, or be competitive. Interest long since lost, I guess its time to uninstall. These issues will clearly persist for some time, as long as Kripp isn't desyncing every 5 mins, or at all, everything is fine by GGG standards. Looking at the last dozen or so races, it looks like a rather large amount has already moved on. So much potential, not being used fully... :(
"
vinsimbulan wrote:
"

My understanding is that at least one of the devs stays up to oversee each race. I don't think they have the manpower to run races every hour on the hour 24/7.

Maybe when they get to hire more staff....

But why would someone need to "oversee" the race? What would they actually be doing?
Getting teleported into groups in places I've never even been. There's desync and then there's what happened here. Just looking at a crab wrong at a safe distance had me at 1/3rd health. Seriously this game keeps finding new ways to stick a dick up your ass.
Only mad because I actually looked forward to this.
died to desync farming upp at position 16 rng did not favor me this race oh well, at least i know my strat is sound
"
boof wrote:
Getting teleported into groups in places I've never even been. There's desync and then there's what happened here. Just looking at a crab wrong at a safe distance had me at 1/3rd health.

Got the same thing all race, constantly taking damage from enemies who were way out of range, sometimes literally offscreen. That and enemies repeatedly dealing damage as they walk toward me- they dont stop or attack first, i just get stunned and lose life while theyre still on the move. Monsters also kept taking damage 2-3 seconds after id hit them too, or would take the damage but not respond to the hits until they died, even if the hits were over 50% of their life which should be auto stun.

Finally died to cannibals on ledge, saw them running toward me, prefired rain of arrows, im suddenly dead while theyre still running toward me and over half a screen away. Not one of them even stopped while i died, just ran forward dealing damage with their unrighteous desync auras.

Oh and my hit rate was like 35% with burning arrow, 1/2 to 2/3 shots would fail to deal damage.

Feedback: Here we go again! The games netcode feels as broken as it was when i started a year ago; sometimes its even worse during events. When are you going to do something about it? Much as i like racing, theres little incentive to come back for another season when the same horrible issues with the base gameplay are still prevalent as ever.

Level 0 and faceplanted on the ledge in the end.

Cya next race.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Apr 3, 2013, 10:53:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info