Season One, Race Event 69: 1 Week Party

You read the context too?

It was related to the idea of a 1 week Turbo race.

There was a 1 week Turbo in November last year.
Only a few of those players are still playing and I doubt even the playing ones will motivate themselves to participate.

1 week Turbo isn't something for long time players, the longer you play the more likely you are to die.
The Top 10 of the 1 week Turbo had an online time of 2-3 days and a lower exp time, so it was free from stress besides the weekend some players tried to push hard.
The only player who tried to rush was boomjuice and he died after 22h in A1 merciless to some suicide bombers.
The next players reached A2 Merciless 10h later and even they died on the 2nd day 6h before the first slow paced players which have slept already twice killed Vaal Turbo Merciless.

If you think 5-6 of 7 day players succeed in a Turbo 1 week dream on. Turbo is more about control and strategy than gearcheck. This isn't something you can learn with daily 12h+ mindless grinding.
You can learn how to rush on normal speed, you can test starter builds damage output for short races.
But you can't learn defensive strategies which are required to survive Turbo on higher difficulties.

Especially with negative chaos resists, no speed limit and new densities rushing becomes suicidal.
Last edited by Hilbert on Mar 23, 2013, 5:44:53 PM
So glad to see level rewards, I think they were chosen well, too. I'll probably end up soloing most of the time, but if anyone has a moderate to serious group that is in need of a witch for this race, let me know...
WTB Coral Ring reward, offer Exalted(s)
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
I've played for about a week now and while I really like the points for prizes model I am completely baffled at how to stay alive even for an hour and make it to lvl 8. Usually I just quit the game after wasting time in an event.

I'd like to be able to do this one, but I feel like even if I survive, I won't be able to make it to lvl 60 in time. As a new player, I'd also like a 50+ lvl reward.
Wish this were a 1 week solo race.Some players prefer to play solo.
hmm what to build. Definitely not putting the hours I did last 1wk but it'll be fun...
^
Last edited by Mookie88 on Mar 24, 2013, 2:15:13 PM
"
Wish this were a 1 week solo race.Some players prefer to play solo.

+1

Soloed the last week race and will probably solo this one too. Just trying to figure out what to play (fire witch seems most likely at the moment).
Wish this was a solo race 2 but it is party.
So any1 wanna lvl together in a small group (2-3 ppl) pm me in game or here. Can spend 10 hours a day and maybe more. But dont have a buddy to play with.
Last edited by verkodiablo on Mar 24, 2013, 3:18:24 PM
Will take the opportunity to raise a new HC-Char within this Week and do really like that GGG added some new Rewards for the Levels ... great Job! :)

Hoping for a good Race for Everyone and some good Competition on the Top!
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
Marauder lf group. I will be going for top 20 atleast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info