Season One, Race Event 69: 1 Week Party

"
Caladaris wrote:
The rewards are totally NOT worth it...

4 points for... 20 hours of "work"?
Just play one 1-2 hour solo race and get the same or more points, lol.

GGG really needs to step up the rewards, races are already dying if you look ar the number of participants.

I know it doesn't seem worth it. But you can't be racing all the time so this is a kind of thing you do in between races. It keeps people playing the game I guess.

I'm tempted to try but I don't have a party. To make this efficient, you really do need a party or else you are "wasting" your time a bit.
You're only wasting time if you're not having fun!

New rewards for levels are fun, nothing for level 50+ though? (sad face)

A Turbo 1 week race would be more fun too.
And man, did he look pretty ill
"
Lekwid wrote:
"
Caladaris wrote:
The rewards are totally NOT worth it...

4 points for... 20 hours of "work"?
Just play one 1-2 hour solo race and get the same or more points, lol.

GGG really needs to step up the rewards, races are already dying if you look ar the number of participants.

I know it doesn't seem worth it. But you can't be racing all the time so this is a kind of thing you do in between races. It keeps people playing the game I guess.

I'm tempted to try but I don't have a party. To make this efficient, you really do need a party or else you are "wasting" your time a bit.

Simply spending a couple hours on 2 X 1hour races during the week will net u MORE reward points.
1 Week race is not worth it unless you want to make an alt.
Last edited by iota3 on Mar 23, 2013, 1:15:07 AM
Props to GGG for adding level rewards to the week races. A lot of people were requesting this.
Imo the threshold might be a bit high. Or you could add at least a One-Point-Reward for the 50s.
But no complaining, GGG reacted again very fast to the community suggestions, thats a good one.
"
Khy wrote:
Props to GGG for adding level rewards to the week races. A lot of people were requesting this.
Imo the threshold might be a bit high. Or you could add at least a One-Point-Reward for the 50s.
But no complaining, GGG reacted again very fast to the community suggestions, thats a good one.

The community wanted yet another boring week party race? Really? I must have missed that. As far as I know most ppl want week turbo/solo or whateva funnier race.

One step after the other MyH4o. For now they introduced the new level rewards.
Im sure if there really is sufficient demand they will implement a week race with a special mod too.
The rewards seem a bit on the low side when compared to rewards from 'playing it safe' in a 1 hour solo event.

Since I started running races I find myself only interested in races anyway. So, even though I will be PUG partying and mostly soloing this event I won't be playing in the normal leagues at all next week.

Insomnia might pay off! XD
Just bring back orb rewards
"
A Turbo 1 week race would be more fun too.

Don't expect more than 50 players being able to map.

Especially with MMO HP mobs even more players will end up killed.

Long Term Turbo is testing the control of your character, rather than an Item,HP and Gem check.

I don't even now who is still playing on a high level basis in the games current state. After Ranking:

Mesho dunno
dmouze Dunno
Myself Not playing till game is an ARPG again/User Code leagues(only doing some races)
Pam Playing
Xendran Not Playing
Grindis123 Not Playing
MisterFart Barely playing
VictorDoom Playing but far less than in CB
TT_TurboTotem Dunno
Not sure anymore who got 10th anymore:
LJSilver Playing but less
Deest Dunno
flab barely playing(was the only one who played solo all the time)

After that only Ryder at #20 made it to maps and stayed alive and he isn't playing.

I know some other players that died at maps and are still playing and others stopped at a2 merciless.

But names you read now at high rankings that participated at died 2-3 times like splauding for example. So don't expect any endurance player up there.

And ofc a 1 week Turbo Races will show huge balance issues. I remember like 5/Top 10 players being Templar and were using 2 Totems.

"
iota3 wrote:

Simply spending a couple hours on 2 X 1hour races during the week will net u MORE reward points.

mmm, if only you could do both

play the one week race, and when the one hours races are scheduled, take a break and do them

I guess that's just unpossible

"
Hilbert wrote:

I don't even now who is still playing on a high level basis in the games current state.

because clicking on Events / Hardcore Ladder is SO difficult

or going to the front page and seeing who's streaming is SO time consuming
Last edited by jamesl on Mar 23, 2013, 4:28:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info