Season One, Race Event 68: 3 Hour Party

lvl 33 in docks. #3 ranger

IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
solo 25 level not bad no ms buts so i was just playing for funn, love that drops i have this race

Spoiler
"Having a Key, having a game, Playing all day"
Life is just a game.
IGN: Twitch/Tox2
Last edited by Toxic999 on Mar 24, 2013, 4:09:34 PM
had fun. me and my mate went to act 3 for the first time and it was much better experience than farming forest. The only downside was we managed to get to act3 just 5 minutes before it was over so we only managed lvl 25 and 26.

For the first time lootius was on my side as i got 3 alchemy, 1 gcp and my first exalt :)
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
Last edited by Pivovar on Mar 24, 2013, 4:13:39 PM
Decent race, would have been better if a hard crash at act 3 entrance hadnt cost me the demi. Drops were interesting and i accordingly ended up with a very unusual setup come docks. Couple bails overall, no deaths. Desync was terrible and load times for everyone were much longer than usual for the first half of the race.

Docks setup, 400 x3 dps fireball and 600 dps firetrap with chains backup:

Took 3 jewelers, 1 fuse and about 10 chromes to get the BG link. The extra G slot was a nice bonus.

Level 38, 2nd place shadow and 12th overall in the end, with 4/6 demis for the team.

GG all, see you next race!

Edit: Found an exalt early on as well. Need to see drops like this more often!
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Mar 24, 2013, 4:20:29 PM
36 solo play, to bad it wasnt solo race since i got the sickest act3 gear :p
act 2 was sadly with white weapons again :(

IGN: Rollface
Last edited by grindis123 on Mar 24, 2013, 4:27:29 PM

#4 Ranger here.
Horrible, horrible gear. Super crappy DPS. I barely was able to scratch the monsters in Docks.

I suspect better RNG will allow me to contribute to the group a bit more.

For a pickup group we did pretty well.

i for one certainly hope "herding" doesn't become the norm. Completely spoils the fun for me
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:
i for one certainly hope "herding" doesn't become the norm. Completely spoils the fun for me

Agree completely, totally ruins the competitive aspect of racing.

I also think races need to move past experience-based placements in general. Repeating the same zone for half of every race is neither challenging nor fun.
"
Invalesco wrote:

I'm wondering: do you think it's okay that there's so many party races considering how many different people actually win this or even potentially have a chance? Now add things like pulling + having someone outside of the party quest for you. Solo races seem to have way more competition in this sense.
@Aelloon
"
Aelloon wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

I'm wondering: do you think it's okay that there's so many party races considering how many different people actually win this or even potentially have a chance? Now add things like pulling + having someone outside of the party quest for you. Solo races seem to have way more competition in this sense.

Im more concerned with the current party race issues (pulling, minimal risk) than i am the solo/party split, which seems to be pretty even atm.

By minimal risk i mean that for a full party, incoming dps is far lower since the monsters dont get extra dps or packsize and ability to temporarily escape combat is far higher, as a chasing monsters ai will reset if it takes damage from another source. Its also possible for 5/6 party members to never take any risks at all, just sit out all the boss battles and rushes and spend 100% of their race time in easy grinding zones.

Incoming damage soloing: 100%
Incoming damage in 6p party: 17%

Aggro lost when retreating solo: 0%
Aggro lost when retreating in 6p party: 100%

Pulling/herding will take more effort than numbers tweaking to fix. At this point id rather just move to progression based races, grinding western/sarn/docks for half of every race isnt exactly challenging.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info