Error: Couldn't Resolve Host Name While Downloading

So I've been looking into trying out this game with a few other friends, but I am having the following issue. Every time I try to launch client.exe it goes through the checking resources, then the accommodating space, and the nit starts patching and everything seems like it is working alright. However, after a seemingly random amount of time the patching stops and I get the error "Couldn't Resolve Host Name While Downloading", followed by a long URL that seems to have a different asset as the cause of the crash every time, for example the current one that I have is patch119.pathofexile.com:8095/patch/0.104.2./Art/Models/Terrain/RuinedTempleForestDungeon/tgms/templeruinforest_centralroom_v02_03_c1r1.tgm As a note, these are different every time, and can happen sometimes immediately, some times after a few mb, sometimes after a few hundred mb.

I have tried uninstalling and removing the files, I have tried running the repair through control panel, and I have switched my DNS to the google thing that has been suggested on the forums, all with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Removing the files isn't helping... You just continue on patching from where you left off if you try again.

The DNS (resolving) problem is because your internet connection or services are flaky. You can try using Google Public DNS (IPv4 DNS settings-> 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) but the best solution is to call your ISP and ask them what the problem is.

It might just be losing connection altogether, which indicates you have wifi near an old microwave or something. Get a stable connection and a stable Domain Name Server, and you should never see this error.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info