Season One, Race Event 67: 1 Hour Lethal Solo

I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
BEST Legue Mode EVER.

Plase make it permanent, ormake the races daily/more often.

True Despair. So much QQ. CHALLENGE.

Loved it. Will keep buying microtransactions just to play more of these.
Very fun race mode...its fun BECAUSE its so ridiculously over-tuned, all the guys crying for toning it down are stupid.
Couldnt make it. From the replies here, its hard to tell if i missed a great challenge, a terrible ragefest or both.

I do have to say that i was expecting a boring event with the map version of deadly, not a tri elem, 200% total damage increase where half the race population died to hillock. Watching the death notifications must have been good times.

"
Hilbert wrote:
"
Seriously, you guys have done so much right, how is it that much harder to perform calculations on the server and client with the same result? Or put them back in sync in the event of splitting apart, weather from lost data that never makes it or miscalculations?

Other games handle moving purely on the client and you only send the packets of the location where you move and the server accepts them. Moving is only done by receives from client as server to the client.
There is no pathfinding only a collision check so if the path isn't blocked you will always get through.
This system has several other disadvantages, such as players having a better connection will get items, inaccurate calculations might be off a bit so you might be hit on the server but not on the client if you aren't moving.

The primary disadvantage of that method is that it allows cheating. Much as i hate the desync issues poe has atm, id rather tolerate them until theyre fixed than suffer all the horrible consequences that would come of the server trusting the client.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:

The primary disadvantage of that method is that it allows cheating. Much as i hate the desync issues poe has atm, id rather tolerate them until theyre fixed than suffer all the horrible consequences that would come of the server trusting the client.

I'm pretty sure Hilbert was just trolling there as usual. Its too bad you missed it, there will be another solo one in a couple weeks, its hilarious indeed. I misread the mods at first, thought it was 50% extra damage when you get hit, physical or any elemental. I was swearing at hillock why are you criting me! Nope was just normal hits. Took me several minutes until I was frozen set on fire and shocked before I realized it was extra damage and extra elemental damage every physical hit.

If it would go back to the desync fest of closed beta, Id be happy. It was bad, but still somewhat playable. Its gotten far, far worse for me. Now its just unplayable really. In closed at least there was a chance to survive a 3 hour race, even if there was a strong chance of dyeing to desync, now the odds are less then 50% of surviving even a one hour, dropping dead twice in half hour being normal is not acceptable to me.
Last edited by Drystion on Mar 24, 2013, 11:40:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info