[[3.10]] (22 Aura Support Champion) *Juicier Auras than ANY other Support*

Welcome to my guide for my 22 Aura Champion Support.

I will start off by saying that this build can get VERY expensive to min/max, but with patience you can get it rolling for a reasonable cost.

25/03/20 Update: We hit 88% elemental resistances today. My Purity gems are still only 19. But we managed to get a +2 Auras Alpha's Howl. This also gives us a level 25 Discipline.

Current Gear - 29/03/20

Note: I recently acquired 2x 'Voices Large Cluster Jewels' and have almost totally overhalled the build from what it is below, to fully min/max my auras.

I don't recommend you do this UNLESS you have a large amount of currency & if you don't also play with a Mana Guardian in the group, as we lose ALOT of defence from doing this.

If you have the currency & wish to truly min/max, here is a link to my Path of Building for my current in-game build:

https://pastebin.com/w5UvaCRT

Why Play Champion?

-Even more Aura Effect than Ascendant/Guardian/Necromancer (10% more base Aura Effect than Guardian, 15% more than Necromancer and 20% more than Ascendant).
-Life Based.
-30% MORE damage on enemies that you hit.
-Taunt on hit for your party (Makes running higher content safer).
-Surprisingly Tanky.
-Relatively low investment to Min/Max (Compared to Guardian/CI Variants).
-Currently 89% Max Elemental Resists.
-My current setup (with Cluster Jewels) gives me 170% increased Aura Effect & an additional 180% increased Aura Effect for Anger, Hatred & Wrath.

Screenshots

22 Auras Active.

Defence in Hideout.

Defence with Flasks.

My Auras, as a flask

Copy & Paste this into PoB to see the effect of my auras. (Currently Gem level 19)

"
Champion Aura Bot
Aquamarine Flask
Quality: 20
LevelReq: 0
Implicits: 1
Is Awesome
559 additional Energy Shield
6345 additional Evasion Rating
68 to 1307 added Lightning Damage
286 to 411 additional Fire Damage with Attacks
264 to 369 additional Fire Damage with Spells
45 to 704 additional Lightning Damage with Attacks
79% Chance to Dodge Attack Hits
79% Chance to Dodge Spell Hits
98% additional Cold Resistance
98% additional Fire Resistance
103% additional Lightning Resistance
9% additional maximum Cold Resistance
9% additional maximum Fire Resistance
11% additional maximum Lightning Resistance
79% chance to Shock
109% increased Attack Speed
109% increased Cast Speed
47% increased Critical Strike Chance
49% increased Impale Effect
63% increased Movement Speed
53% increased Skill Effect Duration
110% increased Spell Critical Strike Chance
117% more Armour
51% more Cold Damage
56% more Damage over Time
42% more Spell Damage
59% more Spell Lightning Damage
71% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
+218 to Accuracy Rating
+10 to Melee Strike Range
+63% to all Elemental Resistances
Nearby Enemies have 51% less Accuracy Rating
Nearby Enemies take at least 53% more Physical Damage, raising up to 110% as they stay in the Aura for 4 seconds
Regenerate 6.81 Mana per second
Regenerate 3.76% of Life per second

Passives / Path of Building

Path of Building:
https://pastebin.com/cx52H1r2

Passive Tree:
www.poeurl.com/cN1w

Ascendancy Order / Pantheon Choices

Ascendancy Order:

1. Conqueror - Taunt on Hit & Some Defences.
2. Inspirational - Free Banners & 20% Aura Effect & A 12% Movement Speed Aura (The 22nd Aura).
3. Worthy Foe - Enemies Taunted by you take 20% increased Damage. & Enemies Taunted by you cannot Evade Attacks.
4. First to Strike, Last to Fall - Intimidate on Hit & Ailment Removal & 25% heal when hit to low life.

Pantheon Choices:

Soul of Lunaris
Soul of Shakari

NOTE #1 - I would highly recommend upgrading Soul of Shakari for the Poison Immunity.
NOTE #2 - If you are supporting someone who is bossing, Soul of Solaris is great too.

Levelling

Levelling:

I levelled the build following the exact tree found in the Path of Building section. I levelled as Rain of Arrows and Herald of Agony, and found the process to be very smooth.
I would highly recommend picking up the following Uniques to speed up the process:

Quill Rain

Hyrri's Bite

Lochtonial Caress

Tabula Rasa

Goldrim

Wanderlust

Karui Ward

Thief's Torment

I'd recommend the following Gem Links:

3L Rain of Arrows:
Rain of Arrows > Lesser Poison Support > (Replace with Poison Support at 31) Mirage Archer Support

4L Rain of Arrows:
Rain of Arrows > Lesser Poison Support > (Replace with Poison Support at 31) Mirage Archer Support > Life Gain on Hit Support

3L Herald of Agony:
Herald of Agony > Pierce Support > Minion Damage Support

4L Herald of Agony:
Herald of Agony > Pierce Support > Minion Damage Support > Vicious Projectiles Support

5L Herald of Agony:
Herald of Agony > Pierce Support > Minion Damage Support > Vicious Projectiles Support > Damage on Full Life Support

6L Herald of Agony:
Herald of Agony > Pierce Support > Minion Damage Support > Vicious Projectiles Support > Damage on Full Life Support > Maim Support

Later, when you have more mana available, you can also use Hatred.

Gem Positioning

Positioning of your Auras is crucial, some Auras cost more Mana base-line, and as such we prioritise putting those in gear with a built in Mana Reduction.

4L Helmet - Alpha's Howl - 1R-1G-2B
Purity of Fire > Purity of Ice > Purity of Lightning > Discipline

6S Body Armour - Victario's Influence - 2R-1G-3B
Anger > Pride > Hatred > Malevolence > Wrath > Zealotry

3S Sign of the Sin Eater - 2R-1B
Generosity Support > Ancestral Call Support > Clarity

3S Hunter / Shaper Shield - 1R-2G
Determination > Vaal Grace > Vaal Haste

2S Tombfist - 1R-1G
Vitality > Precision

2S Bubonic Trail - 2B
Purity of Elements > Flame Dash

1S Unset Ring - 1R
Dread Banner

1S Unset Ring - 1R
Flesh and Stone

Gear Selection

As a life-based Champion, we rely heavily on 'Reduced Mana Reserved' Jewels to run all of our auras. As such, we take as many Abyssal Jewel sockets as we can from gear.

Required Uniques

The following items are a staple to all Aurabots.

PLEASE NOTE - CORRUPTIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED, BUT PROVIDE HUGE POWER TO OUR AURAS.

Alpha's Howl
Ideal Corruptions would be +2 to AoE Gems / +2 to Aura Gems / +1 to Socketed Gems.

Victario's Influence
Ideal Corruptions would be +2 to AoE Gems / +2 to Aura Gems / +1 to Socketed Gems.

The rest are fairly unique to our life-based play-style.

Tombfist
Look for some with 2 Abyssal Sockets, these are essential to running more Auras on our Mana.
Ideal Corruptions would be Elemental Weakness on Hit and/or +2 to AoE Gems / +2 to Aura Gems / +1 to Socketed Gems.

Darkness Enthroned
Technically a single Corruption would ruin the belt, but in theory you could Double Corrupt one for X% increased effect of a Damaging Aura (Ideally Wrath).

Bubonic Trail
Look for some with 2 Abyssal Sockets, these are essential to running more Auras on our Mana.

Sign of the Sin Eater
This Weapon is insanely powerful for our build. We can remove ailments if we're in a bad spot with our Ascendancy "First to Strike, Last to Fall" and having a Level 30 Smite is a huge increase in damage.

Rare Modifiers

Ideally we would like to bolster our Life, Mana and Chaos Resistance from our Rare Gear.

We require a Hunter / Shaper Shield.
With the modifier "Socketed Gems Have #% Reduced Mana Reservation (Ideally 15%). Non-ES bases are going resonably cheap, as you can see from my current shield.

We also require a Redeemer / Shaper Amulet.
With '#% Reduced Mana Reserved" (Ideally Tier 1 rolled to 5%), which we can then use Fertile Catalysts on to achieve 6%.

We also want to anoint our Amulet with the passive "Champion of the Cause", which requires 1 Golden Oil, 1 Teal Oil and 1 Crimson Oil.

Other Gear

From our Rings we need to bolster our Life for the most part. Other desirable modifiers are Mana, Chaos Resistance and "+# to Level of Socketed Gems". And if you can afford it, "Aspect of the Spider" which provides yet more damage and utility.

Example Rings:
Note, it is often much cheaper to buy a ring with an open suffix (as we get all of our resists from our auras), to later craft Aspect of the Spider yourself.

Flasks

We primarily want defensive flasks, with the exception of a Quicksilver Flask and a Silver Flask, to make sure we can keep up with those speedy Bow Builds.

Blood of the Karui is a great Life Flask for us, since it heals a MASSIVE amount very quickly.

Jewels

From our Jewels, the ONLY thing we prioritise is the Corruption "#% reduced Mana Reserved". You can often pick up large amounts of random Unique Jewels that people have corrupted for 1-10c a piece. This should get you rolling until you can afford more favourable stats.

When we're up and runnning, we can start looking for other modifiers, such as "#+ to Maximum Life" off of Abyss Jewels, or "#% increased Maximum Life" on Regular Jewels.

Other Handy stats if you can afford them include:
Attributes (Dexterity is a little tough to cap out on)
Chaos Resistance
Energy Shield
Mana

Required Jewels:
Corruptions on these aren't required as they're VERY expensive, but in order to hit 21 Auras, you will need them corrupted.

Example Jewels:

Min/Maxing Jewels:

Cluster Jewels:

Ideal Modifiers include:

-1 Added Passive Skill is Pure Commander
-1 Added Passive Skill is Vengeful Commander
-1 Added Passive Skill is First Among Equals
-1 Added Passive Skill is Stalwart Commander
# Added Passive Skills are Jewel Sockets

Watcher's Eye:

Ideal Modifiers include:

-#% increased Movement Speed while affected by Grace
-#% chance to Dodge Spell Hits while affected by Haste
-You have Phasing while affected by Haste
-#% chance to Evade Attacks while affected by Grace
-#% chance to Dodge Attack Hits while affected by Grace
-#% chance to Evade Attacks while affected by Grace

Any of the damage taken as X Elemental damage while you have X Purity are great too.

I will do my best to keep this guide updated as I continue to push the build further, as there are many improvements I can make to my own character.

I wish you all the best, and please do post your results here in the post!
Last edited by Tweakiee on Mar 29, 2020, 11:18:07 AM
Last bumped on Sep 8, 2020, 11:46:20 PM
Bump :)
Bump. :D
Bump. :D
Hi Tweakiee, Thanks so much for this, I am trying to do this with my current Dualist CHampion and have hit a rough end, was running with a group from level 2 and I was pretty much the one slowing the group down, disconnects and lag, and basically being a much much slower act runner than the rest of the group, but abandoned in Act 9, I switched to HoAg and am still struggling, I have some levelling uniques and what not, as weel as my gear and build were selected off of poe.ninja by finding the heat map of champions who were running Auras. Still, seeing this build guide has given me hope that I wont have to go Low Loife and huge energy shield, I've never done it before and am not really comfortable not being a Life based build. your gear here is also different than anything else I was able to find on poe.ninja, So, I see you post bumping for visibility and wanted to say thank you, and would it be alright to message you in game for some advice? Thanks either way, I'm really excited to finally party play, I've basically been Solo play with minimal trading and guild only small grouping since I started playing half way through Incursion league. Again, this build guide is truly appreciated. Its really good work, thank you.
LordBeverin [<UNITED>] <Eternal Unity> Public Relations and Accountability
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞(☞゚ヮ゚)☞(☞゚ヮ゚)☞🔴🟡⚫🟤☜(゚ヮ゚☜)☜(゚ヮ゚☜)☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
a.k.a. Beverin, a.k.a Bev, a.k.a. It's Bev, Not Bever, a.k.a It's Not Beaver.
☆*: .。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ 🔴🟡⚫🟤 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ╰(‵□′)╯
"
LordBeverin wrote:
Hi Tweakiee, Thanks so much for this, I am trying to do this with my current Dualist CHampion and have hit a rough end, was running with a group from level 2 and I was pretty much the one slowing the group down, disconnects and lag, and basically being a much much slower act runner than the rest of the group, but abandoned in Act 9, I switched to HoAg and am still struggling, I have some levelling uniques and what not, as weel as my gear and build were selected off of poe.ninja by finding the heat map of champions who were running Auras. Still, seeing this build guide has given me hope that I wont have to go Low Loife and huge energy shield, I've never done it before and am not really comfortable not being a Life based build. your gear here is also different than anything else I was able to find on poe.ninja, So, I see you post bumping for visibility and wanted to say thank you, and would it be alright to message you in game for some advice? Thanks either way, I'm really excited to finally party play, I've basically been Solo play with minimal trading and guild only small grouping since I started playing half way through Incursion league. Again, this build guide is truly appreciated. Its really good work, thank you.

Thanks for your support. You're more than welcome to contact me in-game. @Kio_WhyChamp
Ive managed to get hold of now, a five socket Victarios, and we don't need it Linked right? as well as an Alphas howl with the right colors, but again, the links don't matter there correct?
While running as HoAg, I have all the gems for my 6 socket victarios swapped into my off hand weapons, my skill tree was way off, mostly with all the EXTRA nodes I had picked up pathing between the witch and shadow.
I just dont know how It's going to be possible to run 20 auras on Mana reservation alone. Is there something Im not seeing? I know I dont have the Sovereignty node cluster yet, but is the 1% reduced mana reserved so BIG on all those jewels or is it the number of them added up that allows so many more to be placed on?
Again, the guide is awesome, and sorry If I sound like I'm whining, I'm not, Just trying to understand the fundamentals
LordBeverin [<UNITED>] <Eternal Unity> Public Relations and Accountability
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞(☞゚ヮ゚)☞(☞゚ヮ゚)☞🔴🟡⚫🟤☜(゚ヮ゚☜)☜(゚ヮ゚☜)☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
a.k.a. Beverin, a.k.a Bev, a.k.a. It's Bev, Not Bever, a.k.a It's Not Beaver.
☆*: .。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ 🔴🟡⚫🟤 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ╰(‵□′)╯
"
Ive managed to get hold of now, a five socket Victarios, and we don't need it Linked right? as well as an Alphas howl with the right colors, but again, the links don't matter there correct?

Yup, that's totally fine, we don't need the chest linked at all.

"
I just dont know how It's going to be possible to run 20 auras on Mana reservation alone. Is there something Im not seeing? I know I dont have the Sovereignty node cluster yet, but is the 1% reduced mana reserved so BIG on all those jewels or is it the number of them added up that allows so many more to be placed on?

It's the sheer amount of reservation jewels that add up all in all. With my current gear, the gems in my Victario's actually reserve 0 mana. It's crazy how it all adds up.

"
Again, the guide is awesome, and sorry If I sound like I'm whining, I'm not, Just trying to understand the fundamentals

No worries. Stick to it. You'll be rewarded as you invest more and more into the build.

Bear in mind that you won't be able to run 20 Auras right away. But it's something you can work towards as you gain levels and currency.
Do you find yourself in danger much with such low life I'm not the best player mechanically and I'm looking for an aura bot to try and yours sounds the most interesting.
"
Sexyhobo wrote:
Do you find yourself in danger much with such low life I'm not the best player mechanically and I'm looking for an aura bot to try and yours sounds the most interesting.

I'm currently prone to getting chunked pretty hard when flasks are down, which could happen from time to time. The build is suprisingly tanky, considering the health pool.

Mobs that deal chaos damage can also be scary. But filling that out on rare pieces should be a priority once you're up and running.

Generally speaking, I'm only really dying if the carry I'm with stops killing mobs for whatever reason.

Alternatively, you could also forgo some of the jewel sockets (and auras) to pick up more life and maybe even Iron Reflexes.

I just prefer having juicier auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info