ICE shot marauder_need advice.

hi.
got a 80+ CI summoner witch in softcore and i want to try something different in hardcore.
i'm thinking about an ice shot marauder build and i'm thinking of that if i can lvl it to 91, taking the +12% phy from oak in cruel.

why ice shot?
well i have not tested it a lot but reading the description and from what i have seen it can be a great skill.
i really don't like the damage effectiveness on skill/support and this skill is 100% efficient .
that's why also i will not use lmp or fork.
i will just try to max the phy dmg with gear/reward/passive and then the improvement of phy will be converted to cold or fire with aura, support or gear.
of course i still pick some good passive for + weap elem dmg.
also i will try to maintain 3 % aura ( determination, purity, hatred) ,grace and maybe wrath or anger.

the ideal 6 link set up would be : ice shot, faster projectile, culling strike, pierce , add fire , weapon elemental.
i will try to get a qual 14+ pierce support to get a 100% pierce chance with the passive nod. even if this gem is totaly useless against single target , it's the only support gem to do packs without loosing dmg.
i will try to use the phy portion of the skill to leech life and enought mana to keep casting it.

against elem reflection u just have to switch add fire and weap elem to ice to cold and life leech and turn hatred aura off.
that way around 30% of your dmg will be phy 40% cold and 40% fire so u 'll be abble to survive with the help of the huge life leech from the phy portion and the little compensation from life leech gem with the elemental portion.

against phy reflect, just equip a good blackgleam instead of the other legendary quiver to turn nearly half of your phy to fire so most of your dmg will be elem dmg and switch add fire to life leech.

also my curse will be temp chain so all pierced mobs will be both chilled ( and perhaps frozen and ignite?)with increased duration and will attack and move 30% slower with temp chain.(so they will move at 0.7^2=49% of their normal speed)
Last edited by nicoG2 on Mar 22, 2013, 8:41:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info