[3.14] Volatile Dead Spellslinger Necromancer | League Starter | Beginner Friendly

"
Garash wrote:
"
Kalvaran wrote:
Correct, the build is very dead early on. The damage will be nerfed due to the changed from .5 to .6 but it's still do-able if you get 20% extra resv. Would not recommend as a league start due to this.

I've added a jewel with "50% increased mana reserved" in PoB to mimic 30% base reservation. With this I can use SS-VD-Cascade-Hypo (or inspiration, or conc. effect depending on links) along with a SS-Desecrate-cascade setup.

Youll lose the SS-WoC set up which is sad, but I suppose it's not THAT much of a difference while leveling through the story.

At spellslinger level 12 (requires lvl 54, i.e. 27 % base mana reserved) you'll have enough mana for SS-VD-cascade-hypo, SS-Desecrate-Cascade and SS-WoC if I calculate it correct using sovereignty and conqueror's efficacy quest reward.

It wont be possible to level with DD though, which is sad as it was a major dps upgrade for me during my test runs.

Are you gonna play this for this league as well? Are you going to reroll into it later on, or use it from the beginning?

For leveling, you really don't need dd and can keep it on the weapon swap.

I agree it got hurt with the nerf, where the mana reservation is the thing to get over. Hopefully PoB updates soon so I can do some testing. I'm sure the build will perform and thanks for some of the math, I will check it out soon.
"
Kzoomarine wrote:
Can someone give a rough estimate as to what the cost of this build is for low, mid, and high end gear?

Thanks!

Low you use what you pickup, and you can probably do yellow maps. 0c cost

Mid you will want a wand with t2 adds fire, some fire damage, a 6L, and max ele resistance with about 5k life and you can do some red maps. 40c cost

High end I would say that Low Life is a good way to go, and you will want a really good wand and shield with that. I would say 6L Shav's, Prism Guardian, good wand, and good ES gear. 6ex cost (like 5ex just for the 6L Shav's)

Pricing is hard to estimate, as it depends how early in the league you are talking. Price varies each league by a lot depending what is popular. I estimated the price about a week into the league, but I can be very wrong :P
is POB going to be converted before tomorrows start?
"
Garash wrote:
"
Kalvaran wrote:
Correct, the build is very dead early on. The damage will be nerfed due to the changed from .5 to .6 but it's still do-able if you get 20% extra resv. Would not recommend as a league start due to this.

I've added a jewel with "50% increased mana reserved" in PoB to mimic 30% base reservation. With this I can use SS-VD-Cascade-Hypo (or inspiration, or conc. effect depending on links) along with a SS-Desecrate-cascade setup.

Youll lose the SS-WoC set up which is sad, but I suppose it's not THAT much of a difference while leveling through the story.

At spellslinger level 12 (requires lvl 54, i.e. 27 % base mana reserved) you'll have enough mana for SS-VD-cascade-hypo, SS-Desecrate-Cascade and SS-WoC if I calculate it correct using sovereignty and conqueror's efficacy quest reward.

It wont be possible to level with DD though, which is sad as it was a major dps upgrade for me during my test runs.

Are you gonna play this for this league as well? Are you going to reroll into it later on, or use it from the beginning?

I want to make it work, and I think it CAN work. But the uncertainty in cooldown changes and reserv and overall playstyle of the build now due to heavy nerfs makes it a questionable league start for me.
"
Koridoom wrote:
is POB going to be converted before tomorrows start?

Usually a few hours before they update, lets hope they do!
"
"
Garash wrote:
"
Kalvaran wrote:

I agree it got hurt with the nerf, where the mana reservation is the thing to get over. Hopefully PoB updates soon so I can do some testing. I'm sure the build will perform and thanks for some of the math, I will check it out soon.

Oh, havent thought of that. DD is strictly higher dps than VD for single target?
"
Garash wrote:

Oh, havent thought of that. DD is strictly higher dps than VD for single target? [/quote]

VD is more damage but DD scales with all of our damage already. Also DD is percentage based so it is solid against high life mobs.
Last edited by ShamefulPenguin on Sep 18, 2020, 2:26:34 PM
Is the build still viable as a starter for 3.12, how do you think guys?
With the massive increase to spellslinger reservation, I'm struggling to get all three spellslinger supports running :(
can you show me your three and jewels ...i still dont have mana

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info