[3.10] Voidzero's Storm Brand MoM Hiero Archmage | League Starter | 10k eHP | 5M dps | 8k mana

Hi !

I started PoE when Storm Brand came out and was busted. Doing Uber Elder on a budget and facerolling my keyboard was a great gaming moment and i missed that after the nerf.

3.10 brought massive buffs to lightning spells with Archmage Support and especially ST, because you don't really care about it costing 3k mana since you place it and recall it with Brand Recall.

I made my own build this league, and it worked pretty well so i decided to share it.

New : added trade links so beginners can easily buy gear !

Pros
- Tanky (4k HP, 2k ES, 8k mana with 50% MoM)
- Big numbers with a 3k mana cost Storm Brand (~2m5 dps per brand)
- Storm Brand is one of the easiest ability to play
- Using new abilities from patch 3.10 !

Cons
- If you spam brand button too hard it will costs you life
- Damage can be meh if you don't select what to upgrade properly
- gear is'nt "cheap" anymore :(
- can't do elemental reflect maps

Defense layers :
- MoM 50% (hiero ascendancy & Cloak of Defiance)
- Endurance Charges
- Arcane Cloak shield every 4 seconds

How do you regen that much mana when ST cost ~3k mana ?
- 4% mana on kill
- 600+ mana regen
- 44% of Damage taken gained as Mana over 4 seconds when Hit with unique helmet, rallying cry jewels, annoinment & ring craft
- mana pot

FYI: PoB and Gear Section are based on my actual Delirium character and not the actual BiS gear you can have.

Gear

Helm

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mindspiral

Stat priority :
1) Damage gained as mana
2) Mana
3) Mana as energy shield
4) %Lightning damage

Trade Link

Body Armour

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_Defiance

The BiS for this build, 10% MoM, regen and flat mana are just to good !
Just look for one with a high mana roll.

Trade Link

Gloves

Mana, life & resistances.

Trade Link

Boots

Movespeed, Mana, life & resistances.

Trade Link

Weapon

%spell damage, %lightning damage, mana and cast Speed, lightning damage as extra chaos.

Feel free to experiment with PoB when buying your wand to compare dps increase between stats.

Trade Link

Shield

%Spell damage, Mana, Life and Cast Speed.
Use this slot to complete missing resistances.

Trade Link

Ring 1

Life, Mana, Intelligence, All Res. BiS craft is "Mana taken gained as Mana"
but i don't have it atm.

Trade Link

Ring 2

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_Worm

Cheap lvl 22 Wrath, we need to keep 100% of our mana anyway.

Trade Link

Amulet

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri%27s_Foible

Cheap, lot of mana and you don't have to care much about dex and str so it's an actual BiS for lazy people.

Trade Link

Belt

A stygian vise with Mana, Life and Resistances.

Trade Link

Unique Jewels

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spirited_Response

Spirited response jewels are really good for tankiness combined with ring craft & helmet & anointment.

Trade Link

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fevered_Mind

Add Fever Mind Jewels when you feel lacking damage.

Trade Link

Abyss Jewels

One in tree and one in stygian,
Stats are up to you there, just get phasing on kill and onslaught on kill (7-8%)

Gem Links

Storm brand -> Archmage support -> Arcane Surge support -> Controlled Destruction support -> Energy leech support -> Concentrated effect support

Highest damage possible, archmage support is what make the build possible.
Full geared, Storm Brand cost 3k mana (3810 added lightning damage???)
I usually swap Conc. effect for something else during easy mapping (lightning pen or inc. aoe for example)

Orb of storms -> Innervate support -> Curse On Hit -> Conductivity

You will start leveling with this until you get storm brand, then you will use it to get Innervate Proc & Curse every pack. (2% mana gain per kill from Cursed Concoction branch in the tree is nice, especially paired with the 2% per kill from Mind Drinker)

Arcane Cloak -> Vaal Righteous Fire -> Rallying Cry -> Increased duration Support

Rallying cry, with our unique jewels setup give massive mana regen (20% damage taken as mana) and increased damage.
Arcane Cloak is our bread on butter CD, use it on cooldown.
I generally press the two buttons together ;)

Use Vaal Righteous Fire paired with Arcane Cloak for massive boss burst !

Wave Of Conviction (level 7) -> Brand Recall (level 2) -> Cold Snap (level 7) -> Cast When Damage Taken

Exposure 25% lightning, free frenzy charges and brand recalling on a CWDT for a smooth mapping experience.

Shield Charge -> Fortify -> Faster Attacks Support

Shield charge into packs to proc fortify and move around.

Flame Dash -> Second Wind Support -> Lightning Golem

This slot is up to you, i prefer having an instant dash paired with Shield Charge because it's convenient. Lightning golem is a nice + but not mandatory at all.

If you are dying a lot consider flame dash and a Cast on Death Portal setup instead :-)

Wrath
Use it as soon as you have Essence Worm !

Ascendancy

Sign of Purpose -> Illuminated Devotion -> Divine Guidance -> Conviction of Power

Sign of purpose to kill leveling boss faster, Illuminated Devotion when spell leech become necessary and divine guidance when you start the heavy mana stacking.
Finish with Conviction of Power to add a layer of defense while mapping with endurance charges, elemental pen and more crit chance to proc elemental overload.

Flasks

- Life Flask with bleed immunity
- Eternal mana flask (of whatever, you can take cast speed here)
- Quicksilver flask with freeze immunity

- The Wise Oak

Nice defensive & offensive flask. Be careful, you need to have a higher lightning resistance to benefit from lightning penetration.

Trade link

- Atziri's promise

15% More damage as chaos, 35% at a very low price.

Trade link

Amulet Annointment

Bandits

Kill them all.

Pantheon

Major : Soul of the Brine King - stuns are deadly this league
Minor : up to you, i personally use Soul of Shakari

Cluster Jewels

De-allocate points from Heart of Thunder and use the 4%mana/4%mana jewel socket.
I personally think Supercharge & and Scintillating Idea are worth it.
Here is a PoB with a cluster jewel i just bought 1ex.

Leveling Tree

Leveling Tips

Start with Orb Of Storm w/ Arcane surge and Spark.
At level 12, get Storm Brand.
At level 16, get Arcane Cloak.
Try to get the unique amulet as early as possible.
Damage won't be amazing until you get Archmage Support at level 31, but after that, get some mana on items and leveling will be a breeze !

FAQ

How do you regen that much mana when ST cost ~3k mana ?

- 4% mana on kill
- 600+ mana regen
- 44% of Damage taken gained as Mana over 4 seconds when Hit with unique helmet, rallying cry jewels, annoinment & ring craft
- mana pot

Why Conviction of Power over Arcane blessing ?

- gem give massive dps, and the arcane surge buff is way better than then ascendancy's buff (10% more spell damage and cast speed -> lame)
- ailments immunity is great, but CoP grants endurance charges, 5% elemental resistance and 5% pen.

I'm dying a lot to delirium monsters, what can i do ?

- dont spam brands too hard, you need to have a lot of mana to take big hits with MoM
- in big corrupted maps (with many hard affixes), never stop moving and let brands kill offscreen mobs when you see a massive dangerous pack

Why don't you take MoM in the tree ?

Last edited by void__zero on Mar 24, 2020, 6:40:03 AM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2020, 10:55:26 PM
Hi do you have any plans on updating this guide to include more info on leveling and what nodes to take while leveling?

Asking for a noob friend (me)
"
Hi do you have any plans on updating this guide to include more info on leveling and what nodes to take while leveling?

Asking for a noob friend (me)

Yes for sure, i'm on it :)
Is there a reason we aren't taking Mind over Matter despite stacking all this mana?
"
Utopian238 wrote:
Is there a reason we aren't taking Mind over Matter despite stacking all this mana?

Yes, Cloak of Defiance https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_Defiance.

I should mention it in the build, thanks !
Last edited by void__zero on Mar 17, 2020, 3:39:09 PM
this build is rly nice , thanks!
Good build tho, have one question (prob offtop):

In compare with BV\CoC Assasin (just in theory) - who have better clearspeed and ~single target?
Cuz have 91 Shadow and too lazy for leveling new, but if this chara win - spec to it.

Thanks all
"
Agroveuin wrote:
Good build tho, have one question (prob offtop):

In compare with BV\CoC Assasin (just in theory) - who have better clearspeed and ~single target?
Cuz have 91 Shadow and too lazy for leveling new, but if this chara win - spec to it.

Thanks all

I honestly have no idea. I will post a video soon to showcase the map clearspeed.
Is the PoB updated since the archmage update? 4 mil dps per brand on a noncrit build looks very scetchy to me
"
Tezzla1 wrote:
Is the PoB updated since the archmage update? 4 mil dps per brand on a noncrit build looks very scetchy to me

PoB just got updated, so we now have the real numbers !
Disable shock since 50% is totally overexagerated (i personally use LocalIdentity PoB fork to configure shock), and remember Arcane Cloak and Vaal Righteous Fire are enabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info