[3.10] Captain Wraeclast reloaded - pure phys Impale SST - Uber Elder/Sirus 8

Being a permanent league player I do not have access to cluster jewels... are they essential for this build or do you think I could get along well enough in maps withou them?

It looks really nice and I would like to give it a chance.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
Being a permanent league player I do not have access to cluster jewels... are they essential for this build or do you think I could get along well enough in maps withou them?

I played the exact same build last league, without cluster jewels. Just spend the points you have on Shield-Attack-nodes, Life and Armor. You could try a Tree like this:

click me
"

Not OP but the build works well without cluster jewels. I can say that Cluster Jewels adds an immense amount of power with investment. The issue has always been single target and this is solved with new notables. Follow through specifically.

15% increased damage per remaining chain x2 = 30% increased damage per remaining chain.

30% x 8 potential chain(4 jewel, 1 ascendancy, 3 awakened chain support) = %240 increased damage per remaining chain. So single target is boosted immensely.

Of course you add in the 80% MORE multiplier from deadeye ascendancy as well and impale. It gets pretty juicy.

I will be dumping about 100ex in league testing this build and pushing it to the limit. Seems promising.
"
Arandur wrote:
Spoiler
"

I played the exact same build last league, without cluster jewels. Just spend the points you have on Shield-Attack-nodes, Life and Armor. You could try a Tree like this:

click me

"
Trespeon wrote:
Spoiler
"

Not OP but the build works well without cluster jewels. I can say that Cluster Jewels adds an immense amount of power with investment. The issue has always been single target and this is solved with new notables. Follow through specifically.

15% increased damage per remaining chain x2 = 30% increased damage per remaining chain.

30% x 8 potential chain(4 jewel, 1 ascendancy, 3 awakened chain support) = %240 increased damage per remaining chain. So single target is boosted immensely.

Of course you add in the 80% MORE multiplier from deadeye ascendancy as well and impale. It gets pretty juicy.

I will be dumping about 100ex in league testing this build and pushing it to the limit. Seems promising.

Thank you very much to both of you! The alternative skill-tree will help a lot.

I will see if I can handle the single-target-problem. I'll be content if I can do map bosses. For the conquerors I already have my experts and about Sirus I don't care. I always skip him, anyway.

Are the cluster-jewels rather common drop right now in league? I might start a character in league and farm a fistfull of them, if that would be the case.

Another question, regarding the Divide and Conquer jewel: I can see 40 dexterity in its radius, but not enough strength. I'm sure it's intentional, but being the noob I am, I do not understand why...
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Cluster Jewels dropp like candy. The ones we need for the build might not drop for you, but the base Jewels are really cheap (like described in the Cluster Jewel section).

Divide and Conquer needs a combined 40 Dex and/or Strength. The Jewel slot I choose has 40+ Dex, so that's good to go. You don't need both Strength and Dex, just either or.
so i got to mapping. So far this build just melts everything on the screen. My gear is hot garbage but doesnt matter, it just wrecks

Hey, great build, I'm having a blast with it.

What do you think about going for Deep Cuts on large cluster jewel instead of Gladiatorial Combat?
Hello!
Great build and looks solid, i would like to give it a shot on ps4 today, can You point me some directions where to go in passive tree? Maybe some lvl progression with passives?
"
stkappa wrote:
Hey, great build, I'm having a blast with it.

What do you think about going for Deep Cuts on large cluster jewel instead of Gladiatorial Combat?

Glad you like it.

Hard to tell. With a good shield, GC is ~65-80% Attack Damage. Don't know if an additional Impale-stack is more, hard to tell. But certainly an option.

"
Royalmind_PL wrote:
Hello!
Great build and looks solid, i would like to give it a shot on ps4 today, can You point me some directions where to go in passive tree? Maybe some lvl progression with passives?

Sure. I'd go to Heart of Oak+Ballistic Mastery first. Than, grab the Jewel slot to the left and get a Divide and Conquer.
Go down and grab Braver, Fury Bolts and Golems Blood, than invest into the upper right side and get Revenge of the Hunted+Master of Force.
Get the Swift Skewering next and path to Constitution+Path of the Warrior.
At around level 60ish, grab the Jewel node to the right and get your cluster set up.
Fill out the rest after that.
Last edited by Arandur on Mar 18, 2020, 2:01:15 PM
"
Royalmind_PL wrote:
Hello!

I'm not the build creator but I can tell you how i did it. Acts 1-10 were cake

-rush the jewel node to the left of the start. socket Divide and Conquer there. until then just level with split arrow and pierce.

-go back up towards the shadow area, grab the cluster jewel socket if you've got one and master of force. I left those life nodes till later

-head back towards duelist/mar and get swift skewering for the impale and then get iron grip

-head up towards constitution wheel, take the notable and path of the warrior. i skipped filling out the rest till later

-back down by iron grip again pick up everything around it that you skipped earlier. Soul of Steel. Forceful Skewering. Inexorable.

-get the golem blood HP nodes if you feel you need more life, or wait. up to you.

-Point blank and iron reflexes are next. Should be getting to these right around the time you reach maps or very shortly after depending how many life nodes you grabbed earlier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info