My Account Wasn't HACKED.

Because:

1. I don't sign up on third party gaming sites with my poe username/email/ or password.
2. I don't download mods or hacks for this game.
3. I don't use my email for poe for anything else or any other game.
4. I have an updated virus database, and system firewall (zone alarm)

ty GGG
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Huh?

Your post doesn't make sense.
"
Drakier wrote:
Huh?

Your post doesn't make sense.

it dose...he's taking the piss out of those that have been hacked.

though saying that all his points are only going to make it more difficult to hack, not make it impossible.

1. you browse the internet you are susceptible to getting any number of possible intrusions
2. always a good thing.
3. good
4. meh...the databases are updated daily and most of those updates can be for things that are months old.

Can also add.
Using anything but internet explorer(the most widely used browser leading it to be more prone to attack)

Using addons such as add block and no script on every site you visit( i know some will disable for some sites like mmo champ to make sure they get some add money for the site)

Disabling java in your browser(there was one just after xmas that hasn't been resolved)
firefox has automatically recommended it be disabled.

Keep your windows version up to date...there has been at least 2 security updates in the last 2 months.

Keeping adobe flash up to date

using individual passwords for each and every site/game you sign up for...even if you have to write it down.(i've already read more than one post stating they reused old passwords)

don't click on emails that look legit either offering you deals that look incredible or warning of account closure...if you get either of these, come to the site and see if it's legit from there by either checking the offers OR contacting support.(atleast one on the forums clicking dodgy links)

there is more of course but those are the ones that come to mind immediately
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Mar 21, 2013, 12:34:45 PM
I guess for me, I just didn't see a need or reason for the post.

If the sole purpose of the post was to poke fun at others, it doesn't belong in the Support forum, it belongs in Off-Topic or General (or Beta General).

This forum is for people who actively need assistance with something. So I take the threads I read here under the context that they need some sort of assistance. If you don't require assistance, then the thread belongs in a discussion forum, not a support forum.

I do see your points however.
"
Drakier wrote:
I guess for me, I just didn't see a need or reason for the post.

If the sole purpose of the post was to poke fun at others, it doesn't belong in the Support forum, it belongs in Off-Topic or General (or Beta General).

This forum is for people who actively need assistance with something. So I take the threads I read here under the context that they need some sort of assistance. If you don't require assistance, then the thread belongs in a discussion forum, not a support forum.

I do see your points however.

Purpose of the post is to educate those who have been "hacked" on how to take precautions.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
See you in two weeks with a totally different thread title.
IGN: Cyanyx
"
Qmabyte wrote:
See you in two weeks with a totally different thread title.

Eh doubt it, but this thread is totally a dick move. People who get hacked are generally victims, no need to belittle them (until they start saying stupid shit like it's gggs fault anyways).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info