[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
BornLIQUID wrote:
I just have a really dumb question what is with the minion damage?? It doesnt scale with totems as far as i can see?? And is there something i am missing... Thanks xD

check far left of tree, theres a node that grants all minon damage modifers to us aswell
"
BornLIQUID wrote:
I just have a really dumb question what is with the minion damage?? It doesnt scale with totems as far as i can see?? And is there something i am missing... Thanks xD

Hi.
There is a node called "Spiritual Aid" located here

The minion damage counts as scaling with our damage so it's just a just think of it as "You deal 15% increased damage," however you must get "Spiritual Aid" first for the damage to apply to us.
Last edited by Havoc209 on Mar 18, 2020, 6:52:37 AM
Good,

How about putting plague in the totems along with the Spreading Rot on the tree.

In this way we would not be launching wither automatically + plague?

Thanks!
Been following the guide, assuming we are life then ES - I noticed we do not have a passive tree for 7-8-9 so not sure where to head. Will you add that i the future? Or did i miss that.

Enjoying it so far.

Thank you.
Good as starter also, scales well.I dropped the minion notes for more dodge attacks n spells to be more "tanky".
"
Jandrohg wrote:
Good,

How about putting plague in the totems along with the Spreading Rot on the tree.

In this way we would not be launching wither automatically + plague?

Thanks!

Hello. I'm assuming you mean Plague Bearer? This is possible.. I may try this to see how it plays out. One reason I can see this -maybe- not working is because I am gem starved currently. Maybe if I got an unset ring and placed my flame dash in there, but I rely heavily on the flame dash's mobility.. Just from reading Plague Bearer, it doesn't really look like it does too much for us other than another source of damage which we do not need with how much we have

"
Keelez wrote:
Been following the guide, assuming we are life then ES - I noticed we do not have a passive tree for 7-8-9 so not sure where to head. Will you add that i the future? Or did i miss that.

Enjoying it so far.

Thank you.

Hi! Yeah you are correct. I will add a passive tree to 7-9 soon, thank you. So right now I am life and I am working on EITHER: Converting completely over to low life.. or swapping over to CI. I believe the Delirium monsters deal Chaos damage so if that is true CI will definitely be the way to go here.

Pretty much here are the options:

For CI: Save up for high energy shield gear with high enough resists - you will need a 6 link body armour - a high energy shield base item (This item CAN be corrupted and I would highly recommend it. You FIRST will need a 4 Blue - 2 Green base 6 link item (This will be around 20-50 chaos.. but eventually when you get the Empower you will need 3 blue - 2 green - 1 red.. so don't spend too much) We need to buy an Empower and level it until 2.. until an Empower 2 I would suggest Energy Leech or Decay, but even then Empower 2 is better than both of these gems.. however we need to get there and level up the Empower.. or buy a higher one for even greater damage. Look for a chest with around 150-400 energy shield.. and maybe some resists to get you started. These are very expensive right now because the league just started but they will drop price very soon. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/RywqdGC7 something like this.. Also try this link if that is too expensive: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/OROr9KfE

For low life: Save up enough for a Shavronne's Wrapping's.. and a Presence of Chayula would help a LOT, but this is not needed.. you can also try to invest in chaos resistance.. these are very expensive but this is the best option for damage early.

In my opinion CI might be better for this league.. everything is pretty much the same for CI except for a few items.. You need a Coward's Legacy (belt).. and a Atziri's Reflection (Shield) (Both of these cost about 25 ex to buy). I will try to include a PoB for all of these very soon I just need more time to work on it all.
Last edited by Havoc209 on Mar 18, 2020, 6:55:06 AM
Hi, nice build!

I choose it for my league starter and Im already 82 on yellow maps doing fine, except for delirium one shots me here and there

It is really CI the best way? Because I believe that delirium mobs deal fire, cold and lightning damage too, depends on the map..
"
inceuvlad99 wrote:
Good as starter also, scales well.I dropped the minion notes for more dodge attacks n spells to be more "tanky".

Yeah that is a good idea since damage isn't really an issue. It all depends on the playstyle.. the minion damage nodes just add so much since we already invest over in that side of the tree and it opens up a huge gap of extra damage we can take.

"
sikazo wrote:
Hi, nice build!

I choose it for my league starter and Im already 82 on yellow maps doing fine, except for delirium one shots me here and there

It is really CI the best way? Because I believe that delirium mobs deal fire, cold and lightning damage too, depends on the map..

Hello!

I will definitely do some testing and update when I get a chance to later and once I upgrade my gear. I could be wrong but it just feels like they always one shot me when I run over them and I am capped on everything besides Chaos. I have not had any yellow maps drop for me yet though.. so I haven't had a chance to run any.

The delirium monsters are actually easy to avoid.. Maybe it's because I'm not in yellow maps yet. My tip is to activate the Delirium and run past ALL of them. These monsters explode on death and they drop a giant crap-storm that is an AoE death-pool right where they die. So you just run and cast Contagion + Essence Drain in front and behind you and just keep on continuing.
Last edited by Havoc209 on Mar 16, 2020, 8:46:25 PM
Just a question, how does this build get to/stay at low life?
"
Jedibiscuit wrote:
Just a question, how does this build get to/stay at low life?

Before swapping over to low life we need to get a Shavronne's Wrappings.. and a 6-link staff (Cane of the Unraveling) or the 6-link Essence Drain bow (Similar to the one I have) with + level of gems (this is a lot more expensive, BUT A lot more damage). Also a Presence of Chayula will boost our Energy Shield a TON as well as give us a LOT of extra Chaos Resistance.

Pretty much we just need to save up until we can afford to switch over completely and test it out on PoB. I am still working my way into either trying CI or going full low life right now.

It starts to become expensive because it's one of the best options for the highest output of damage.
Last edited by Havoc209 on Mar 16, 2020, 8:47:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info