[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

Looking forward to starting with this next league :)
"
RareFN wrote:
Looking forward to starting with this next league :)
Yeah... Same I was thinking of playing it again but I should really do another build so I can make another one. I played Essence Drain 3 leagues in a row but it's so darn fun!
Hi,

I had some spare exalts and ED Contagion has always interested me.. But I feel so squishy :( I activate a strongbox etc and just get instantly deleted. I'm running pretty much all the gear from the "end-gear" section, am I doing something wrong? I legitimately can't even flame dash out before I'm dead.

Thanks!!
"
Chris091 wrote:
Hi,

I had some spare exalts and ED Contagion has always interested me.. But I feel so squishy :( I activate a strongbox etc and just get instantly deleted. I'm running pretty much all the gear from the "end-gear" section, am I doing something wrong? I legitimately can't even flame dash out before I'm dead.

Thanks!!
Hi

I just looked at your profile, and I noticed you only have 5k energy shield, and you do not have any Chaos Resistance, (only 8%) which is HUGE the Delirium league.
You also are not using a Quartz Flask, or a Jade Flask. These will help a lot.

I am assuming you are not using Discipline, this will give you about 1k more Energy Shield, if you are then you are not using Flesh and Stone, which you NEED to be using this aura in SAND Stance (the skill will be yellow, there are two different types of stances with the aura)
You need to lower Clarity to level 10

I fixxed your tree a little bit, check this tree out, you just need 2 more levels to use this fully: https://pastebin.com/FvyFWmjr

"
Havoc209 wrote:
"
Chris091 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!!
Hi

I just looked at your profile, and I noticed you only have 5k energy shield, and you do not have any Chaos Resistance, (only 8%) which is HUGE the Delirium league.

I am assuming you are not using Discipline, this will give you about 1k more Energy Shield, if you are then you are not using Flesh and Stone, which you NEED to be using this aura in SAND Stance (the skill will be yellow, there are two different types of stances with the aura)

I fixxed your tree a little bit, check this tree out, you just need 2 more levels to use this fully: https://pastebin.com/FvyFWmjr

Awesome - thanks. I'll have a play around with this later on and report back! You're right - i'm not running discipline all the time - only Vaal Discipline. Auras that I'm currently running are Clarity/Malevolence/Zealotry/Sand Stance. I assume if I respec my tree I can also run Discipline alongside this?

Thanks alot for the swift reply - I'm actually really enjoying melting things it's just frustrating dying if I make one misstep :(
"
Chris091 wrote:
"
Havoc209 wrote:
"
Chris091 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!!
Hi

Awesome - thanks. I'll have a play around with this later on and report back! You're right - i'm not running discipline all the time - only Vaal Discipline. Auras that I'm currently running are Clarity/Malevolence/Zealotry/Sand Stance. I assume if I respec my tree I can also run Discipline alongside this?

Thanks alot for the swift reply - I'm actually really enjoying melting things it's just frustrating dying if I make one misstep :(

Forget this.
Last edited by Chris091 on Jun 1, 2020, 11:43:24 AM
New tree is much better! Haven't died since switching :D This is one of the most satisfying things I've ever played in a game.. Watching ED slowly move toward mobs then them just exploding never gets old!

Thanks for the help mate, great help. Can I just ask 2 more questions?

1. What jewels should I be aiming for? I notice in your POB some of the jewels are like 20 exalts.. Don't really have that kind of cash to drop on a jewel.

2. Why no clusters on this tree? Are they not worth for us?

Thanks again!!
"
Chris091 wrote:
New tree is much better! Haven't died since switching :D This is one of the most satisfying things I've ever played in a game.. Watching ED slowly move toward mobs then them just exploding never gets old!

1. What jewels should I be aiming for? I notice in your POB some of the jewels are like 20 exalts.. Don't really have that kind of cash to drop on a jewel.

Thanks again!!
Hi!

That is awesome to hear!!
My next advice is to make sure you grab those flasks, and try to cap your Chaos Resistance.
I also did notice you do NOT have Quality on your rings or amulet, which you can use something called "Catalysts" to give quality to boost resistances, or another stat, but resistances are the best. Look up "Prismatic Catalyst."

Of course so:

1) You should be aiming for Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier / Maximum Energy Shield % jewels.
Once you get the passive "Spiritual Aid" IF you can get Minion Damage on a jewel, that is just more damage for you. (These are usually expensive-ish)

Don't worry about the Unnatural Instinct.. the only reason that jewel is so expensive right now is the broken herald stacking build, it is usually 5-8 Exalts in a league, so just grab another yellow jewel that is mentioned above.

2) Clusters are ONLY worth early on. I have tested it out a bit, they are only worth if you can find a really good, expensive, low passive one, but it's almost not even worth at that point.
It's hard to find which points you would sacrifice, in this case.. I am using a Medium Cluster on my build with the skills "Brush of Death," "Wicked Pall," and a Jewel Socket. I sacrificed the Minion Nodes over by "Spiritual Aid" for this.
"
Havoc209 wrote:
"
Chris091 wrote:

Thanks again!!
Hi!

That is awesome to hear!!
My next advice is to make sure you grab those flasks, and try to cap your Chaos Resistance.
I also did notice you do NOT have Quality on your rings or amulet, which you can use something called "Catalysts" to give quality to boost resistances, or another stat, but resistances are the best. Look up "Prismatic Catalyst."

Of course so:

1) You should be aiming for Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier / Maximum Energy Shield % jewels.
Once you get the passive "Spiritual Aid" IF you can get Minion Damage on a jewel, that is just more damage for you. (These are usually expensive-ish)

Don't worry about the Unnatural Instinct.. the only reason that jewel is so expensive right now is the broken herald stacking build, it is usually 5-8 Exalts in a league, so just grab another yellow jewel that is mentioned above.

2) Clusters are ONLY worth early on. I have tested it out a bit, they are only worth if you can find a really good, expensive, low passive one, but it's almost not even worth at that point.
It's hard to find which points you would sacrifice, in this case.. I am using a Medium Cluster on my build with the skills "Brush of Death," "Wicked Pall," and a Jewel Socket. I sacrificed the Minion Nodes over by "Spiritual Aid" for this.

Working towards the Chaos Resistance.. Just not sure where I can get the resist from at this point - I have dropped basically all my currency into this so I guess I'll farm some more and then have a look around the market. Had to pick up a resist gem to cap my resists after equpping my new belt.

I've just sorted my flasks thanks for that!

If clusters don't offer that much I guess I'll leave those for a little while, still plenty of places for me to put points in.

Thanks again.
Why wouldn't you run a 6L blight when you got 2 6-links is beyond my understanding.

Also, not using a Transcendant Mind, but using Eldritch Knowledge is such a bad choice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info