[3.10] VOIDFORGE Chains of Command (75/75 block, 6K+ life), Cheap 12.5M dps, all content.

Great guide and POB, thanks!

One thing is I noticed in the POB you have the gear setup for the AG (for besides the voidforge). Might want to call that out in the guide as well to help people (unless I missed it).

Was debating between this and self-cast Necro AW as my starter but think I am going to go with this. I am also a bit tired of playing necro the last few leagues.
"
Joshuha wrote:
Great guide and POB, thanks!

One thing is I noticed in the POB you have the gear setup for the AG (for besides the voidforge). Might want to call that out in the guide as well to help people (unless I missed it).

Was debating between this and self-cast Necro AW as my starter but think I am going to go with this. I am also a bit tired of playing necro the last few leagues.

Good call, I actually forgot about that.
Been w8ing for 1 month to reroll oro's coc as a scion, did it as necro in metamorph.

Than it got nerfed and im like fck. But u confinced me and love the idea of voidforge.

Btw did i read sumwere u can get 14 agw lv20 and 13 agw lv18 togheter for a total of 27 weapons up ?

Anyways rolling this as a league starter, i will be using own tree but this is a good template for me.
"
takeda85 wrote:

Btw did i read sumwere u can get 14 agw lv20 and 13 agw lv18 togheter for a total of 27 weapons up ?
Yeah, I assumed that at first, but I realized it was a dumb misconception from my part and I removed it. It will probably be 14 weapons max. The dps is calculated with 14 weapons anyway, so no change here.

I will try to add a "end gear" pob somehow. Not sure if there is any point, but let's do it.
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 13, 2020, 10:41:16 AM
I am all aboard the animate guardian train!

Shouldn't this version be a bit better for Sirius since it's less weapons to maintain or am I crazy?
"
laxcrazy wrote:
I am all aboard the animate guardian train!

Shouldn't this version be a bit better for Sirius since it's less weapons to maintain or am I crazy?
It is. The max dps is obviously a bit lower, but no one sane would assume you could get 50 weapons in a boss environment. Overall, the dps is higher for less headache. Too bad the didn't buff the base duration a bit, but it's good enough.
I added one very good reason to play with build over AW (the last one), two very hypothetical POB (especially with the jewels), just to show how much dps you can get with very strong gear, and the confirmation I will probably do a lot of tests around Stormblast mines as it looks way too strong when supporting this build.
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 13, 2020, 12:56:12 PM
Hello Keyen, I've been following your input on multiple threads regarding the effectiveness of self casting AW and the effectiveness of your Voidforge CoC build.

I'm very interested in using this build to start the league, but I have a few concerns and was hoping you could assuage them. You say that getting this build off the ground will be cheaper, but looking at POE Antiquary the price of Voidforge and Mask of the Stitched Demon are not insignificant at league start (looks to be ~0.5ex and ~2ex respectively around league start). Additionally, I feel like the price of CoC will be somewhat increased. I know that we can just use a budget physical setup until the Voidforge, but my main concern is obtaining Mask of the Stitched Demon and our writhing jars. Do you think that will be attainable in first few days of the league?

Will we be able to get to Red Maps without these items? Is your plan just to self cast AW until you find your build enabling uniques? Do you expect to have your build enabling uniques on the 2nd day, 3rd day, etc...?

I have no doubts that your CoC build will provide smoother gameplay and faster clear, but I'm just concerned I won't be able to make it to that point on a league start. I'm looking to play a lot over the first weekend of the league if that helps you advise me.

Also, I didn't play blight. How hard is it to get the oils to achieve the necessary passive for the Animated Guardian?

Thanks for your help, and I enjoyed reading your arguments with naysayers. Stay sane exile!
"
Mumzye wrote:

Additionally, I feel like the price of CoC will be somewhat increased. I know that we can just use a budget physical setup until the Voidforge, but my main concern is obtaining Mask of the Stitched Demon and our writhing jars. Do you think that will be attainable in first few days of the league?

As I said, buying a Mask of the Stitched demon directly is a con. I can't check prices in Metamorph (because your site doesn't have vials, for instance), so let's take standard price for the demonstration. You can craft a Mask of the Stitched demon yourself. You need a Vial of Summoning (Currently 1c in standard), and a Mask of the spirit drinker (50 chaos in standard). Then, you need a room of sacrifice lvl 3 (Apex of Ascension) in the temple of Alva, and you get 100% a mask of the stitched demon (660c in standard = 1300% profit). I don't understand why (The alva room can be a pain to get, but not THAT much a pain, especially if you are targeting it, or you can ask your friends in your guild to watch out for it, etc), so I stressed it as much as I can. DONT BUY IT DIRECTLY, CRAFT IT. I believe it will be the same phenomenon again in Delirium. It will really not be expensive to get. Also, this combo is really required once you are doing end game bosses. For map farming, you don't need it at all.

The build may look a bit expensive when we are talking about exa, etc. But keep in mind you are buying top end items for your build, and you won't change them ever. 0,5 or 1 exa for that? It's a fucking deal.
"
Mumzye wrote:

Will we be able to get to Red Maps without these items? Is your plan just to self cast AW until you find your build enabling uniques? Do you expect to have your build enabling uniques on the 2nd day, 3rd day, etc...?

Not sure when. I try to get 1 exa at the end of the first day, and I usually do that (it's not much compared to specialized players, but it's good enough for me). I doubt CoC will be more expensive than that, especially given the hype around AW (and not CoC, seen as a lesser version).
And yes, I believe you can get easily to red maps with a regular skeleton build into a tabula rasa (can't say about AW, I have a lot of doubts about it). But CoC should be the first unique bought, the power spike it brings will be huge. And the fact you don't need to 6L make it cheap, way cheaper than usual 6L, even if it's more in demand. I'm 80% certain I will have CoC by the end of the second day, 99% by the end of the 3rd day.
"
Mumzye wrote:

Also, I didn't play blight. How hard is it to get the oils to achieve the necessary passive for the Animated Guardian?

Very, very easy. Some notables are very expensive (Soul of steel is >300 chaos, for instance), but Grave intention is like 4 chaos, Ravenous Horde (not recommanded early) is 20c.
"
Mumzye wrote:

Thanks for your help, and I enjoyed reading your arguments with naysayers. Stay sane exile!

Thanks for the support, good luck as well!

Edit: I added a PoB "just after you get CoC", and it's still 5M dps or 350K per weapon:
https://pastebin.com/aQ9edHxD

Red maps izypizy with that.
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 13, 2020, 1:28:06 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
"
Mumzye wrote:

Additionally, I feel like the price of CoC will be somewhat increased. I know that we can just use a budget physical setup until the Voidforge, but my main concern is obtaining Mask of the Stitched Demon and our writhing jars. Do you think that will be attainable in first few days of the league?

As I said, buying a Mask of the Stitched demon directly is a con. I can't check prices in Metamorph (because your site doesn't have vials, for instance), so let's take standard price for the demonstration. You can craft a Mask of the Stitched demon yourself. You need a Vial of Summoning (Currently 1c in standard), and a Mask of the spirit drinker (50 chaos in standard). Then, you need a room of sacrifice lvl 3 (Apex of Ascension) in the temple of Alva, and you get 100% a mask of the stitched demon (660c in standard = 1300% profit). I don't understand why (The alva room can be a pain to get, but not THAT much a pain, especially if you are targeting it, or you can ask your friends in your guild to watch out for it, etc), so I stressed it as much as I can. DONT BUY IT DIRECTLY, CRAFT IT. I believe it will be the same phenomenon again in Delirium. It will really not be expensive to get. Also, this combo is really required once you are doing end game bosses. For map farming, you don't need it at all.

The build may look a bit expensive when we are talking about exa, etc. But keep in mind you are buying top end items for your build, and you won't change them ever. 0,5 or 1 exa for that? It's a fucking deal.
"
Mumzye wrote:

Not sure when. I try to get 1 exa at the end of the first day, and I usually do that (it's not much compared to specialized players, but it's good enough for me). I doubt CoC will be more expensive than that, especially given the hype around AW (and not CoC, seen as a lesser version).
And yes, I believe you can get easily to red maps with a regular skeleton build into a tabula rasa (can't say about AW, I have a lot of doubts about it). But CoC should be the first unique bought, the power spike it brings will be huge. And the fact you don't need to 6L make it cheap, way cheaper than usual 6L, even if it's more in demand. I'm 80% certain I will have CoC by the end of the second day, 99% by the end of the 3rd day.
"
Mumzye wrote:

Very, very easy. Some notables are very expensive (Soul of steel is >300 chaos, for instance), but Grave intention is like 4 chaos, Ravenous Horde (not recommanded early) is 20c.
"
Mumzye wrote:

Thanks for the support, good luck as well!

Edit: I added a PoB "just after you get CoC", and it's still 5M dps or 350K per weapon:
https://pastebin.com/aQ9edHxD

Red maps izypizy with that.

Awesome! So pumped to try out this build. Crafting with the Apex of Sacrifice makes a lot of sense. I didn't see that in the original post. I'll start with this trying out selfcast AW for leveling and let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks for the additional budget POB.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info