So i logged in today..

Been logged in from another location.. get the code from my email, log in and all the characters are gone.. only thing different i've done in the past 2 days is signup for the neverwinter beta, on the OFFICAL webpage: nw.perfectworld.com

so yeah.. GG Perfect World is hacking people now..
IGN: Metzu / HerbalSplooge
It could also be someone close to you who logged in to your account and deleted your characters.
IGN: Zahreen
"
Metzu wrote:
past 2 days

This only matters if your computer is only 2 days old.
If I was a hacker, and I tried to gain access to player credentials in an efficient manner, I would have a huge list of details to go through. Clearly there would be a delay between starting at the top of the list and reaching your details :D

TL;DR obviously you got infected by something earlier, or shared your details/email address with somebody recently. This is especially true if you are using a simplistic password that could be bruteforced using a dictionary attack.
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
"
conall88 wrote:
If I was a hacker, and I tried to gain access to player credentials in an efficient manner, I would have a huge list of details to go through. Clearly there would be a delay between starting at the top of the list and reaching your details :D

TL;DR obviously you got infected by something earlier, or shared your details/email address with somebody recently. This is especially true if you are using a simplistic password that could be bruteforced using a dictionary attack.

You can't bruteforce a PoE password, there is massive slowdowns after about 30 attempts, making it all but unreasonable.
just thought it was fun 1 day after signing up for the beta i got hacked, reason why i wrote "past 2 days" instead of like 10years.
IGN: Metzu / HerbalSplooge
"
Metzu wrote:
just thought it was fun 1 day after signing up for the beta i got hacked, reason why i wrote "past 2 days" instead of like 10years.

If you're serious about everything and would like to help track down some possible ways people are hacking accounts, head over to this thread and take a look/respond. But be aware I'm only looking for people who can help out and who aren't exaggerating things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info