Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

It's not free, the opportunity cost is enormous. No spectre, no skitterbots and no carrion golem is a huge dps loss.
"
Keyen wrote:
It's not free, the opportunity cost is enormous. No spectre, no skitterbots and no carrion golem is a huge dps loss.

Are you sure skitterbots aren't usable with chains of command? Maybe I misunderstand but TENPURAUDON's scion build seems to use skitterbots.

"
TENPURAUDON wrote:

ver3.9
https://youtu.be/QkYoF6wli9g [Necessity of Infernal legion]

In his build thread. He is showing why he needs to use infernal legion to quickly spawn more weapons I think, but there are skitterbots being used with chains of command.
"
Sigrosa wrote:
TENPURAUDON's Chains of Command

If you only want to do mapping that build seems great. But it can't kill Sirus or other bosses that don't spawn adds.

As for just using Chains of Command for the melee splash without the build-around aspect, you'd be giving up buffs from Carrion Golem and the summoned specters - not really worth it.
Hey dude, thanks for taking the time making this for people!

I want to practice league starting this but I don't know how to do that without the blade mechanics 3.10 introduce's.

I'm a melee noob so I've never even looked at the above part of the tree lmao.

Any tips on practising this in 3.10 in league start conditions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
"
jaJanken wrote:
Hey dude, thanks for taking the time making this for people!

I want to practice league starting this but I don't know how to do that without the blade mechanics 3.10 introduce's.

I'm a melee noob so I've never even looked at the above part of the tree lmao.

Any tips on practising this in 3.10 in league start conditions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I think Animate Weapon will play a lot like Summon Raging Spirit does now, but with better QOL (higher duration on AW being the key thing).

So, if you do a practice run with SRS it will apply for AW also - you'll be using the same support gems and 95% the same skill tree. You could use the leveling advice from this guide and just swap in a SRS gem and get an idea of how the skill plays, probably.

I've played a lot of SRS and it wrecks through the game from about A4 onwards, which is part of what makes me excited for AW :)

(As fair warning, if you do this, SRS feels pretty crappy to play until you link it with Unleash in Act 4. I'd suggest getting Mark of the Red Covenant to to make leveling more enjoyable)
Last edited by ThanatoZGaming on Mar 2, 2020, 2:31:55 PM
"
"
Sigrosa wrote:
TENPURAUDON's Chains of Command

If you only want to do mapping that build seems great. But it can't kill Sirus or other bosses that don't spawn adds.

As for just using Chains of Command for the melee splash without the build-around aspect, you'd be giving up buffs from Carrion Golem and the summoned specters - not really worth it.

I was using it purely as an example to show skitterbots can be used with chains of command because for some reason it is an exception.

I'm not sure what you mean by his build not killing sirus, because his build is entirely made with flask refresh and the writhing jars specifically to be able to complete end game content. The first video in his build guide is completing level 8 sirus.

But because of the changes to animate weapon I think yes many of the things he does to make it endgame viable are no longer necessary and there are many extra points for using auras that you are discussing here. I personally am thinking of doing cold scaling with chains of command with a different weapon than oro's. Guardian with max block and CI. Very different than your life builds, but don't feel it is fully thought through yet.
Im going to league start this in HC. I'm fine with self casting AW but I don't feel like generating blades. What is the laziest way to do this? Totem? Or is the best way maybe an unleash BV into AW? I guess there is no nice way to do this because minion duration should be fine right? So maybe 1-2 bladefalls into 10 casts of AW? Or is 10 casts to much and unleash would be better?
"
enasniddg77 wrote:
Im going to league start this in HC. I'm fine with self casting AW but I don't feel like generating blades. What is the laziest way to do this? Totem? Or is the best way maybe an unleash BV into AW? I guess there is no nice way to do this because minion duration should be fine right? So maybe 1-2 bladefalls into 10 casts of AW? Or is 10 casts to much and unleash would be better?

I think this is a problem not addressed fully in what I have read so far with self cast is I am not sure they get enough cast speed and still go for many utility spells to apply curses and exposure etc.

Totems might work, but I am also not sure 10 will be the blade cap the announcement implied the gem increases the max weapons possibly above 10.

"The skill grants increased minion movement speed as the gem levels and a higher minion limit as the gem levels. "

To me that sounds like it has a higher cap than 10 eventually. So I think any self cast build needs to automate casting of extra spells or have more cast speed like SRS. I guess it really depends on the weapon duration and clear speed with changes. Hard to predict without more gem information.
"
Sigrosa wrote:

I was using it purely as an example to show skitterbots can be used with chains of command because for some reason it is an exception.

Even if somehow skitterbots can be used with chains of commands (i'm very surprised since they are not animated, but whatever), it's still bad since I gain 62% more damage from specters + carrion golem.

Even removing a link for melee splash is still more dps than 6L + chains of command, and your dps once you switch for a monotarget setup is vastly superior.
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 2, 2020, 4:18:15 PM
Totems still have the -40% damage, so thats a pretty big no no. Especially since they further cut down the minion limit and totem was already a meh solution with 50 weapons.

Imho if the weapon limit falls under 30 everything except self cast is out the window as long as we get old casting style back. (old = not needing to click on each weapon but instead just holding down the button and mouse over as many as you like)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info