Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

"
Jasmira wrote:
Hey, quick question, why no Feeding Frenzy? I just tried it myself and it *seems* animated weapons are not really good with it, is that the reason you do not recommend it?
They roam a bit more than without it but stay too near the character. Everytime I frostblink I have to wait (subjective) eternity for my sword dudes to follow. Should I use that minion teleport maybe?

Do Ascendancies, get +20% on Animate Weapon, get 2 Rings with +20% Minion Movement speed (other sources as well if possible) and they behave as Spiders from Arakaali's Fang (= very speedy).

In addition by "Minion Teleport" I think you mean Convocation. Yes use it, it is quite a big part of the build.
Last edited by Shjin on Aug 10, 2021, 4:03:23 AM
"
Shjin wrote:
"
Jasmira wrote:
Hey, quick question, why no Feeding Frenzy? I just tried it myself and it *seems* animated weapons are not really good with it, is that the reason you do not recommend it?
They roam a bit more than without it but stay too near the character. Everytime I frostblink I have to wait (subjective) eternity for my sword dudes to follow. Should I use that minion teleport maybe?

Do Ascendancies, get +20% on Animate Weapon, get 2 Rings with +20% Minion Movement speed (other sources as well if possible) and they behave as Spiders from Arakaali's Fang (= very speedy).

In addition by "Minion Teleport" I think you mean Convocation. Yes use it, it is quite a big part of the build.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll do that. Convocation already makes a big difference even if it's yet another button to manage.
Build is amazing!
However my minions get thoroughly wiped out by any boss with big AoE like the Ice Lady (Conqueror) or Shavronne with those machine gun ball-lightnings.
I tried Elemental Army on them, to no avail. I use Convocation but it's no rescue from most of these attacks (they run right back into them trying to reach the boss).
I can't reanimate them as quickly as they die, plus animating makes me stand still and a target dummy.

Ideas welcome!
Last edited by Jasmira on Aug 12, 2021, 4:46:45 AM
"
Jasmira wrote:
Build is amazing!
However my minions get thoroughly wiped out by any boss with big AoE like the Ice Lady (Conqueror) or Shavronne with those machine gun ball-lightnings.
I tried Elemental Army on them, to no avail. I use Convocation but it's no rescue from most of these attacks (they run right back into them trying to reach the boss).
I can't reanimate them as quickly as they die, plus animating makes me stand still and a target dummy.

Ideas welcome!

1st step: get the cluster jewels with Minion Life.
"
Renewal
Feasting Fiends
Life from Death
Dread March

Make a big difference!
Hello All guys!
Where can i download the latest PoB file updated to 3.15 ??
Thank in advance.
This build has one really big downside. Let's say you die in an Expedition area and there's quite a few monsters left. You basically have no chance to get up Animated Weapons again. Just just have to give up the instance or die countless times in the attempt of doing so. It is somewhat solveable with Cast Speed -which I now did - but the frequent recasting when you switch zones is in some particular instances - e.g. Labyrinth - still really annoying. GGG should reconsider their stance in Animated Weapons not allowing to change instances.
Last edited by Shjin on Aug 20, 2021, 2:02:09 AM
Which is the true (recommended, most recent, cold, 3.15) final passive tree?

One with the Thread of Hope (PoB, chapter 9), or one without it (chapter 5)?

"
Which is the true (recommended, most recent, cold, 3.15) final passive tree?

One with the Thread of Hope (PoB, chapter 9), or one without it (chapter 5)?

With Thread of Hope (Large Ring). I'm playing this build for expedition league, here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/cCMtmLYL
I made some changes to the build tho, mostly in terms of skill gems being used. So far in T16's starting with Shaper/Elder. Bossing is really smooth.
The POB links are under Advanced Topics --> samples and variations of the build. For anyone that doens't need lectured about reading the entire post or whatever lol....
Why do you say dash + second wind is dead? I had to move some gems around and couldnt fit flame dash anymore but I was able to get dash + sw on my gloves and it does the job.

Also I have an open red socket on my shield here and I'm not sure what to put in, any ideas? I was thinking of getting Golem Commander and putting another type of golem in but im not sure if the hp/damage bonuses would stack, it's also 4 passive points away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info