Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

"
Fought A8 five times now, manage it deathless twice all with an build that cost less then 10 exa.

P.S. The budget version from the OP will take you into A5 deathless but from A6 onwards the animated weapons will die often making your dps terrible in the last phase. I suggest doing what I did and just add more regen/leech clusters + bone offering (I used 12 passive large and 1 medium cluster for this which will cost you less then 1 exa).

may i know what shield are you using? thanks in advance.
"
Super fun build, easily gets you into red maps wearing basically junk. Crafting leagues makes a lot of those end game gear pretty attainable. Any thoughts on Unwavering stance? Its close by and i find majority of my deaths come from three sources, getting stunned, getting frozen, corrupted blood + bladefall. (Last two when i'm not fast enough hitting my flask :P.

garb of the ephemeral on AG eliminates temp chains/freezes/chills/sirus x-ray slow
"
Airbasex wrote:
"
Super fun build, easily gets you into red maps wearing basically junk. Crafting leagues makes a lot of those end game gear pretty attainable. Any thoughts on Unwavering stance? Its close by and i find majority of my deaths come from three sources, getting stunned, getting frozen, corrupted blood + bladefall. (Last two when i'm not fast enough hitting my flask :P.

garb of the ephemeral on AG eliminates temp chains/freezes/chills/sirus x-ray slow

Okay, does that solve the stun issue too?
Path of Bulding shows me only 10% of the damage, compared with other animate weapon skill trees. I crafted a shank in path of building correctly. What do i miss, to get the rest of the damage? If i add my gear to other trees, i will have still 5+times more damage, as in my tree.

https://pastebin.com/LGQECbVQ
"
tirigas wrote:
Path of Bulding shows me only 10% of the damage, compared with other animate weapon skill trees. I crafted a shank in path of building correctly. What do i miss, to get the rest of the damage? If i add my gear to other trees, i will have still 5+times more damage, as in my tree.

You need to set the Configuration settings in POB
- Minions use power/frenzy charges (from spectres)
- Enemy hit by fire damage (for EE)
- Enemy is shocked (18% effect)
- Enemy is chilled

Other places you're missing damage-
- Feeding Frenzy linked to Carrion Golem
- 4th green socket in Triad Grip
- Elemental Army for your support minions

With that shield, Glancing Blows isn't helping your defense. Also I don't think a 12-passive cluster jewel is really worth it.

In general the passive tree seems to have wandered a bit...
"
"
tirigas wrote:

You need to set the Configuration settings in POB
- Minions use power/frenzy charges (from spectres)
- Enemy hit by fire damage (for EE)
- Enemy is shocked (18% effect)
- Enemy is chilled

Other places you're missing damage-
- Feeding Frenzy linked to Carrion Golem
- 4th green socket in Triad Grip
- Elemental Army for your support minions

With that shield, Glancing Blows isn't helping your defense. Also I don't think a 12-passive cluster jewel is really worth it.

In general the passive tree seems to have wandered a bit...

Thank you! I will work on it tomorrow :)

Ah, i got it now! My Shield needs to "trigger on block", good to know^^

The feeding frenzy link was on the top of my list. I runned out of currency to craft the 3 link on the shield

***Edit did the most changes. Moved from 50k to 300k total damage!
The cluster path will give me 20% more damage + 30% minion movement. isnt it worth?

https://pastebin.com/k5V201NR
Last edited by tirigas on Jul 12, 2020, 5:59:50 AM
Nice build. I’ve played Animate Weapon since Sacrifice of the Vaal. I play Standard since I can’t play much.

I respec my ManaBreach character from United in Dream chaos poison since it was nerfed after Breach.

I made 4R, 4B, and 4G Triad Grips and was wondering where to go.

I played physical in the meantime but I think you hit on it that bosses have armour now. Elemental Equilibrium is a huge boss killer since they can’t stop it and EE stacks with everything else.

The Hatred double dip thing decided it for me but 4G is the crappiest sockets. You can actually run in the 4G gloves play Animate Weapon + Added Cold Damage + Hypothermia + Faster Attacks/Culling Strike and it kinda works if you’re sorting your other gear out. I did this while transitioning from chaos Animate Weapon build to cold.

I have a 6L Cloak of Tawm’r Isley but it’s really hard to color. Cloak is ok but has been power crept over. Minions blind is now just 1 of 4 mods on an Abyss jewel. Items dropping Magic matters way less now that the best drops are currency, cards, and locked boss loot tables. I’ve only found 1 Merciless weapon drop the whole time I’ve used it. The minion leech is the best mod so maybe Damage on Full Life works.

I switched to a 3W socket Vaal Regalia and went CI. I can kill anything in maps and I prefer to run quality rare corrupt T16s only. I however can't kill Sirus 8 before I lose all portals, partially from lag. I can kill Sirus 1 deathless so I'll make my way up the numbers see the max. I can delve 200 or so but around 230ish the weapons just die instantly to monster damage so I try to keep it just at the 200ish level.

I'm looking for your feedback since your PoB seems way stronger than mine despite my Standard gear. Here are my questions: https://pastebin.com/VHVqvcrF
- Your damage is 4 times mine. ? Is this mostly from excellent cluster jewels? I just started to roll mine since I missed that league. Maybe it's also your flesh offering? Not sure. I could use more damage if you can find it since bossing is important for this character's goals.
- I dropped a Bottled Faith and I'm now using it. It seems amazing since it regens weapon health and gives them more damage multiplier. Is it a stronger yet super high budget version to run that rare cluster jewel mod that gives minions crit + crit multiplier + Bottled Faith?
- I don't have any mana or smoothness issues. I also have lots of minion movement speed which does work.
- Squeezing in Discipline requires a reduced mana reserved mod so I have Self Control. I also run Bone Offering sometimes since blocking lets my energy shield recharge. I'm at 7500ES and Wicked Ward, but no block ES% gain. It's possible I shouldn't even use Disipline and have another damage aura or an Aspect or something.
- I've been crafting some rare minion 2Handers just to learn and in case Harvest to go core (it seems too broken, though). I was wondering if you happen to know the best Animate Weapon 6link, like a 2H Mace with Fortify and +1 all gems +multimod (+2 support gems, Minion attack speed), or something like that. I also have a crafted bow with +1 gems and +103% minion damage, just in case that happens to play better. I think all the 2Hander possibilites would require life not CI, though.
Last edited by NorrYtt on Jul 11, 2020, 5:37:00 PM
"
NorrYtt wrote:
Nice build. https://pastebin.com/VHVqvcrF
- Your damage is 4 times mine. ? Is this mostly from excellent cluster jewels?

Good questions. I haven't experimented with the CI version much myself as I prefer life-based, but looks like you're making it work.

Biggest contributor for more DPS - abyssal jewels. At a glance in the POB, the ones you're using don't seem to add much damage. If you get jewels with both

- Minions deal 12-16 additional physical damage (or better)
- minions deal 15-20% increased damage if minion skill recently

Each of those jewels adds about 6-7% more DPS. Stack up 5 or 6 of those, it's a massive difference. That would be my immediate suggestion for upgrades, and probably why my POB shows considerably higher damage.

The cluster jewels do some work too (stacking Renewal nodes is great) but the abyssals are the unsung heros.

Beyond that, additional gem levels to AW (from wand, shield, amulet) is the other area for upgrades, and in addition to DPS gives a lot more minion HP which may assist for delve.

Hope that helps!
I know this will may sound stupid to a lot of players, but it's my first league playing and i don't where should i go for improving my dps, I don't know if something is wrong or what should i do for improve since i have like 10% of your dps.

https://pastebin.com/r01iLF0s
If someone can take a quick look would help me a lot :)
The socket 1 and 2 are empty because i'm looking to buy similar Ghastly Eye as the socket 3.
"
"
NorrYtt wrote:
Nice build. https://pastebin.com/VHVqvcrF
- Your damage is 4 times mine. ? Is this mostly from excellent cluster jewels?

Good questions. I haven't experimented with the CI version much myself as I prefer life-based, but looks like you're making it work.

Biggest contributor for more DPS - abyssal jewels. At a glance in the POB, the ones you're using don't seem to add much damage. If you get jewels with both

- Minions deal 12-16 additional physical damage (or better)
- minions deal 15-20% increased damage if minion skill recently

Each of those jewels adds about 6-7% more DPS. Stack up 5 or 6 of those, it's a massive difference. That would be my immediate suggestion for upgrades, and probably why my POB shows considerably higher damage.

The cluster jewels do some work too (stacking Renewal nodes is great) but the abyssals are the unsung heros.

Beyond that, additional gem levels to AW (from wand, shield, amulet) is the other area for upgrades, and in addition to DPS gives a lot more minion HP which may assist for delve.

Hope that helps!

Hi, I noticed you swap out added cold damage for melee physical damage. Is there a big difference?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info