Some help needed. 2h mace GS+hs marauder endgame

I have a lvl 75 2h mace heavystrike + groundslam marauder. 3k+ life with hatred, grace and anger on. 80% resists.

1) Would 12% phy dmg lifeleech be enough? I got myself a 10% carnage heart and another 2% from passives. I am thinking of replacing life leech with faster attacks to improve my DPS for ground slam. It will go from 6.2k to 7.8k. Viable? Worth it?

2) I can probably reach level 80/81 soon. Which path should I take?
Current build http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwOrQ_MFCAUTRiRGNsZLhmFGjghAiFVIWAkqiftKLUppSr2MgkyiTWGNuk5DjpSOrNAoEOcSn1QR1BQVElVtVYEV-JYY1nzW69fP2BLYIhhUmaeZ6ByqXTtdPF253fleu97jHzZgziGYId2jM-QVZ2qnrmezZ_LogCmZKcwp4SpaKyquc253cAawQTG2MmY1I_cPd0N3sHjauSt51LsOO8O707vfPAf8i_z3fZI97760vzF

Path 1: Go upwards, get 8+18+8% life nodes somewhere near minion instability. (6 points= +30int, +34% life)

Path 2: Get wrecking ball nodes somewhere near iron reflexes. (5 points= +10dex, +26% melee dmg, +12% aspd) - I figured I got to this far(IR) and it would be a waste if I don't pick these nodes up. Advices?

Path 3: Get inner force. (7 points= +40int, +30% buff effects)

3) What are the odds of improving this mace with a divine orb? I suck at math ><

Thanks in advance! :)
Last edited by eddiec93 on Mar 24, 2013, 3:48:51 AM
bump
Help. Anyone?
1)Many players play with way less then 12% lifeleech (from physical).
10% from Carnage heart should really be enough.

2)You have don`t have any armor nodes taken? I would absolutely take at least one Steel Skin node.
Otherwise your build looks really solid. I would not get Wrecking Ball, thats too costly. You could consider going to Inner Force to get your Auras stronger (you could also try to run more auras, grace on bloodmagic and determination to mana, you will need some mana leech then)

Its totally not worth to divine that mace, I think. You will get mostly worse rolls and divine orbs are so expensive. Just sell it and buy another, or get a white (5L) with high ilvl and craft from there.

Do you have 6L chest or how do you get to 6.2k and then 8k ground slam DPS? (which support gems?)
Last edited by VisorX on Mar 24, 2013, 12:58:16 AM
Thanks for the input. I am using 5 links.
Ground slam + melee phy + added fire + weap ele + life leech
Since 12% is enough I will be recoloring one of the reds to green(replace lifeleech with faster attacks)

And yeah inner force. I have that in my planned build after wrecking ball and the bunch of life nodes(if i ever get to lvl90+). Or should i just go for inner force now? Thats gonna improve my dps and also give some extra armor with grace too, right?
I am in scrubcore so im leaning towards the DPS side.

About armor nodes, I was told endurance charges is the new 'defence' and it is pretty effective for me.

About more auras, would 2% mana leech be enough to run 2x percentage auras? Hatred and determination/haste. Running grace and anger on blood magic. I will try look for a wurm's molt belt or a ring with 2% mana leech.
Last edited by eddiec93 on Mar 24, 2013, 4:58:20 AM
Then I still don`t get how you can reach 6.2k DPS.

I have Ground Slam + melee phy + added fire + faster attacks + (blood magic)
Faster attack should be at least as good a weap ele.

My weapon DPS is 390, so yours is 8% higher. But my GS DPS (with anger+hatred) is only at 4.7k.
I also have about as much damage passives as you and a total of 14% increased attack speed on my gear.

Regarding your questions:
I would go for inner force now, that will help the nodes and yeah lvl90 is really a long way.
Endurance Charges are pretty effective, right. But a nice base amount of armour is still valuable. It only doesn`t scale really well when you go for super high armor. But if you got no problems with physical attacks, than keep it like that for the moment.

If you run 2 percentage auras, 2% mana leech might be enough. I am aiming for 4-5% at the moment and will try to run even 3 percentage auras.
"
VisorX wrote:
Then I still don`t get how you can reach 6.2k DPS.

I have Ground Slam + melee phy + added fire + faster attacks + (blood magic)
Faster attack should be at least as good a weap ele.

My weapon DPS is 390, so yours is 8% higher. But my GS DPS (with anger+hatred) is only at 4.7k.
I also have about as much damage passives as you and a total of 14% increased attack speed on my gear.

Regarding your questions:
I would go for inner force now, that will help the nodes and yeah lvl90 is really a long way.
Endurance Charges are pretty effective, right. But a nice base amount of armour is still valuable. It only doesn`t scale really well when you go for super high armor. But if you got no problems with physical attacks, than keep it like that for the moment.

If you run 2 percentage auras, 2% mana leech might be enough. I am aiming for 4-5% at the moment and will try to run even 3 percentage auras.

Ah, I have 27% increased aspd with my gears. 14 from rings and 13 from gloves.
And a leveled 10% quality faster attacks which gives an extra 5% aspd. Weapon ele is better than faster attacks in DPS since we have hatred and anger.

Do you use warlord's mark for more mana leech?

An SS of my dps with and without auras. Spoiler to reduce clutter. And my latest gears.
Spoiler

GS + melee phy + weapon ele + added fire + (lifeleech)

DPS before and after aura with GS + melee phy + weapon ele + added fire + faster attacks

And, I've decided to first go for wrecking ball, then respec into inner force after 7 levels.
Reasons: I am already at the doorstep of wrecking ball group whereas even the 6% buff effect is 4 points away.
Last edited by eddiec93 on Mar 25, 2013, 4:31:47 AM
Don't you have mana leech on some piece of gear? Just warlord mark?
IGN: TANte_bestie - Timezone: GMT +1
Last edited by sultilan on Mar 25, 2013, 4:31:13 AM
"
sultilan wrote:
Don't you have mana leech on some piece of gear? Just warlord mark?

Nope. but I am in the midst of looking for one. Probably a ring.

Hello there, i use similiar build to yours, except fact that i went for endurance charges.

From my point of view going for too much lifeleech is pointless, personally i use passive (2%), and on GS i have lifeleech gem and that's it. Adding faster attacks to those skills in fact not only increases your dps, but also safety (more often attacks = more frequent stunlocks on mobs). At the moment i got dps on heavy strike around 12.5k+, on groundslam 5.7k, using mace with 415 dps.

I found 2 major difference in our builds:
- i went for all endurance charge nodes + also took merciless bandit reward (so 7 max end. charges)
- i went for some armour nodes + instead of going far into INT tree i went to duelist starting point for some nice phys % dmg and life % here (including godly 12% attack speed / 20 dex talent here)

I'm pretty sure that most dangerous for you at the moment are physical attacks - no matter if those are pesky archers or swarming melees, and probably the most deadly ability in game for you is Puncture (physical bleed, really nasty especially with low phys reduction). If i were you, i would go for either endurance charges or a lot of armor nodes + armor upgrades, otherwise it's just matter of time (and future lvl maps) where you'll get stuck because of dying too often.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMFLQ48Dq0PzBLhFCAUTRRxGNsZLho4IWAn7Si1LdIyCTKJOlI62ECgQT9DnEd-TdhQR1BQUeZUSVYEVw1X4lhjWfNfP2BLYIhhIWFSZU1uaXKpdO108Xbnd-V673uMfNmDOITZhmCHaox2jM-QVZBskc6ZK565ns2fPp_LogCi6qZkpzCnhKloqZSrxayqtC-53bvtvYG-p8AaxtjJmNIh1I_ZYd7B5K3nUuw47w7vTu988B_yL_Pd9kj3vg==

I also looked at your mace... dunno about what are maximum Rolls on those stats, but few of tchem (aka % physical, flat physical, attack speed) are already VERY high, and those IMO are most important. From my point of view rerolling stats of this hammer got really low Chance to make it better, and quite huge to turn this good weapon into mediocre one.
IGN: Zbyszka (warbands) or Bear_Hug (standard)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info