Drop rates for rares seem off since last patch 0.10.4

since the last patch ive noticed that ive been getting considerably less rares after i just ran 2 40% increased item thicket maps and not getting a single rare item with 30 percent increasd rare mobs theres no way i should be able to run these maps multiple times not getting a single rare no idea why tis happening but atleast for me since the patch the drop rates have greatly decreased only with rare items currency and magic seems fine
The drop rates are the same. You're seeing the effects of random variance, unfortunately. After each patch I get equally many emails saying we increased and decreased the drop rates :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
For all these type of questions I respond with the same answer every single time..

RNG
Blame stealth nerfs like 79 HP juwelery, decreased map drop rates,random chest always become iron chest etc. for those mails.

You hide stuff from patch notes so don't complain if you get such mails.
Is Onyxia deep breathing more with this patch?
Lol RNG.

I actually had alot of luck since the patch and had more drops then I usually have. Got some very nice drops including a few upgrades for my main as well.

RNG is a love/hate thing.
Yeah something is definitely off. I ran about 30 alchemied maps with over 250 mf and 80 quantity and the amount of rare drops is definitely less. Its like there is some sort of cap on it. I have never killed so many yellows and have it drop all blues.. no whites no yellows. Where as before it was more mixed. Now outta every say 2-3 yellow mobs it drops all blues. Even in maps with only 20 quantity i would be able to fill up easily. Now maps with 50-100 i cant manage to fill my inventory with rares. I think either the MF calculation is off or something. With 0 mf it drops almost the same amount of yellows generally as 300+ using the low life boots.
Last edited by kentngousa on Mar 21, 2013, 2:28:07 PM
"
fourthx wrote:
Is Onyxia deep breathing more with this patch?

Nope, but my JBoots are slower.
"
kentngousa wrote:
Yeah something is definitely off. I ran about 30 alchemied maps with over 250 mf and 80 quantity and the amount of rare drops is definitely less. Its like there is some sort of cap on it. I have never killed so many yellows and have it drop all blues.. no whites no yellows. Where as before it was more mixed. Now outta every say 2-3 yellow mobs it drops all blues. Even in maps with only 20 quantity i would be able to fill up easily. Now maps with 50-100 i cant manage to fill my inventory with rares. I think either the MF calculation is off or something. With 0 mf it drops almost the same amount of yellows generally as 300+ using the low life boots.
i ran 5 maps last night without a single rare drop since the last patch ive gotten maybe a total of 15 rares and about 1500 magics im litterally afraid to start mapping because i am getting no rares ive gotten a decent amount of currency but no rares in the past 3 nights idk it seems like its dropped since last patch to me i mean you can call it rng but with the amount of farming ive done without a single rare it almost seems impossible idk it just seems off and it has dropped off alot since the previous patch maybe im just getting unlucky now or i was lucky then but i waited till i famred alot to post and i did and in like 30 docks runs ive gotten like 2 rares so it seems off to me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info