[3.23]The BLOCKMAN

EDIT: New PoB as of 04/23/20 optimized it some more for dps/block losing some life. Added a Megalomaniac/Impale Last # Additional Hits WEye.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/KHP68jXb

I AM NOT THE OP, BUT I HAVE PLAYED THIS BUILD A LOT. CURRENTLY ITS /played IS AT 10+ DAYS

Wanted to post what will likely be my final update on this build, as after I get impale hits w/ pride Watcher's Eye I will start a new build.

But this is where we ended up. (~13m Sirus DPS with Ryslatha)

Throw on Ryslatha for Sirus, and have Headhunter for everything else (although I forget the ryslatha like, 3/4s of the time)

I've done Sirus A8 deathless several times. Facetank all conqs, including Al-Hezmin with the poison negating pantheon. Can do all content. Everything seems doable but chaos damage sucks. Done double boss in wave 20 sim, 5-way Legion, all the breach types, all the upgraded breach types. I suck at Uber-Atziri, but I ended up doing it once solo. I also suck at uber-elder (I feel too fast to precisely move in that fight) but that's also fine if you don't suck.

Scattered thoughts on item choices:

Chestplate: One big thing I found really helped after some not-so-rigorous testing, was swapping the life craft for block on the chestplate, gets you to a nice 75 which I much prefer to 68. I haven't made an explodey chestplate, nor will it, since I think chestplate crafting is tremendously boring, and I just cannot be bothered.

Shield/Helmet: You might wonder, "WhY Do YoU NoT HavE A BeTtEr ShiELD AnD HelMEt", but there's a simple reason for that. I have double corrupted so many of each, and not once had a decent outcome that's any better than the uncorrupted ones. Also I will likely get a reckoning cooldown Abyssus over a Cyclone one, but neither matters too much and in the end I want a +gems Abyssus anyway. As for corruptions on the shield, I'm not sure what I want to hit, but probably %life + something else. I haven't hit anything noteworthy anyhow.

Weapon: Paradoxica is likely better than The Saviour DPS-wise, but I went with The Saviour anyway because I enjoy it, there's something undeniably satisfying about my little buddies. Plus they help with clear so I think they tend to be better for any non-boss content. (And even then, the invincible clones likely add to overall dps when you have to move away from a boss that drops chaos at its feet or something).

Belt: More damage with Ryslatha obviously, but this build does have slightly weak map clear, and HH fixes that. ~9m DPS with HH and ~10m with Ryslatha qualitied, and an almost perfect roll.

Rings: I'd love a Steel Ring that capped my resses, but that just isn't happening unless I craft it myself, which I am passively trying to do, but I can't hit a good phys+life+res ring for the life of me. Circle of Guilt with intimidate on hit is very very nice, big fan of that and you don't need to worry about %chance to intimidate from other things since this is a guaranteed source. For me at least, for iLvl 84 monsters, Accuracy is BETTER than frenzy charge on the ring craft, but always having a frenzy charge just looks and feels good, so I lost ~.8% DPS in exchange for that.

Amulet: I can't think of a better one since we get Vulnerability out of Impresence, and if I can get a good corruption on an Impresence with Assassination then I'll update that to here.

Gloves: Don't be salty, but I hit Culling Strike my first try crafting it. Pretty much BIS I think, t1/essence phys would have been nice I suppose, but I didn't expect to hit it, so I stopped alt-regaling at t2.

Boots: I cannot tell you how many ex I sunk into making what ended up being a frankly pretty mediocre set of boots, at least, compared to their true potential. But whatever, they get the job done, no freeze is cool though.

Jewels: Corrupted Blood Might of the Meek, and eventually a + impale hits w/ pride WEye, but right now that eye slot is a double damage chance w/ pride WEye.

Gems: Idk, I'm still levelling gems to get at least 21/20 on everything.

If you have any other questions I would love to help. Dm me in game @CatarinaSimp

Character Name: No I am not proud of them, yes I do have a Catarina shrine in my hideout, no I don't simp for her, yes I am lying.

TLDR; HAHA BLADE MAN GO WHRRRRRRRRR
Last edited by Labbed on May 5, 2020, 12:30:57 AM
I've been using your build and came here just to post that I'm having fantastic success with the Saviour.
It definitely made this build come alive. Delving, mapping and bossing are rediculously easy.
I am using this build but some bosses keep killing me (although I did wave 20 Simulacrum without any issues).

(I am in the process of leveling up some of my gems, but the build is complete.) I don't know if it's chaos DOT or something else. I have poison immunity through the Pantheon, though. I have 5.3k life. So, I'll ask a general question since I am new to the game: when you do bosses, do you just facetank them by standing next to them? I would assume so due to blood rage and you know... using a melee skill. Do you also try to avoid their mechanics? What happens if you see your health starting to go down over time? Do you run away? Or is every boss different?
Last edited by ivanbili on Apr 21, 2020, 9:22:19 AM
Glad to see this build back up on the front page. It really is a good build. I had asked in a previous post about increasing bossing damage and got a couple of suggestions that I have put to good use.

On the defensive side of things, switching my main pantheon to fully upgraded Arakalli has helped with DOT. I'm also going to hunt for some more chaos resist but that is going to be hard to fit in with everything else and capping resists. My life is a little low as well at 4700, but honestly, the block is so good Im rarely worried about it even in the thickest/nastiest of map content. Oh, and a corrupting blood gem helped greatly too.

My next project with the character is to craft some tailwind boots with maybe elusive on them. Thats going to hit resists hard unless I get really lucky but I'll give it a shot.

Also trying to decide between the paradoxica I am using and another I have for sale. They have similar dps numbers on the swords, but the difference is increased crit on one, and attack speed with unique/rare nearby on the other. I think the crit feels better but Im curious on other thoughts.

So, overall, really good build and I love being able to dive into content I should not be able to handle and surviving. One shots still happen but I think that is just the nature of this league for melee characters.
Last edited by EaterOfBabies on Apr 21, 2020, 11:19:34 AM
Hey all, has anyone successfully added in a cluster set-up to the build?
I'm loving the build and I want to try to adapt some of the league's cluster mechanics into it.
Running this build and saw some people questioning how he gets more dps with the same gear and I think I may have tracked down a bug in PoB. Delete his Pride gem from the skills tab and add one manually of the same level and quality.

Not sure why but the pride in this PoB is bugged. Removed everything and triple checked, it is definitely Pride.

Other than that, enjoying the build. Other than some 100ex Guilts, not too sure where to go for upgrades, t16 80% Kosis was kicking my ass. Thinking about maybe a better chest with some res so i can get a better ring/boots. Im not too sure how everyone is capping res with steel rings and elusive/tailwind boots. What am I missing? Feel like I need a TONNNN of res on my ring/boots to cap, and im like 5% over w/o end charges. What does everyone think about running Savior over Paradoxica? Is it worth the extra clear/QoL of boss damage while dodging degens and such?

Edit: Upgraded chest, crafted some elusive/tailwind boots, got a slightly better Guilt. Just need to get the 29ms craft and possibly a better steel ring. Still torn on Paradoxica vs Savior...

Last edited by Tripartist1 on Apr 22, 2020, 5:15:29 AM
"
Tripartist1 wrote:
Running this build and saw some people questioning how he gets more dps with the same gear and I think I may have tracked down a bug in PoB. Delete his Pride gem from the skills tab and add one manually of the same level and quality.

Not sure why but the pride in this PoB is bugged. Removed everything and triple checked, it is definitely Pride.

Tripartist1, regarding pride, someone in this forum mentioned the reason before - it's because his pride is set to maximum effect. On the left-hand side, change the 'Main Skill' settings to the pride cluster, and change pride from 'Maximum effect' to 'initial effect' and then go back to the cyclone cluster, and you'll see DPS go down by a million.

"
I am using this build but some bosses keep killing me (although I did wave 20 Simulacrum without any issues).

(I am in the process of leveling up some of my gems, but the build is complete.) I don't know if it's chaos DOT or something else. I have poison immunity through the Pantheon, though. I have 5.3k life. So, I'll ask a general question since I am new to the game: when you do bosses, do you just facetank them by standing next to them? I would assume so due to blood rage and you know... using a melee skill. Do you also try to avoid their mechanics? What happens if you see your health starting to go down over time? Do you run away? Or is every boss different?

Crusader370,

Every boss is different but:
- I tend to either stay dead center where the boss is if I know I can tank easily. Examples: Veritania, Drox, Baran, Al-Hezmin and most random map bosses.
or
- try to move in circles around the boss or directly try to get behind them. Examples: Sirus, Kosis, Omniphobia, and Shaper. Doesn't mean I succeed all the time but that's what I keep trying.

Also, I assess if I can handle any DOT but the truly dangerous ones I do not tank. Examples: Uncreated's ground degen (mini-boss in shaper realm), shaper's beam.

Shaper's a good example - you always want to get behind him (keep moving towards his back) so that he doesn't hit you with his shaper beam.

Hope that helps.
sefishbrat, thanks, that helps! Just killed Sirus level 6 (not deathless though) after miserably failing last time.
Really enjoying the build. Stuff dies really quickly and I'm moderately tanky right now, and I'm only lvl 88! I decided to try out Stampede boots for the extra annoint, which means I guess I could drop the quicksilver flask. This is only temporary to try out, I have a ring with high res and chaos res that puts me at -17 chaos res. Any recommendations on what I should look for next for upgrades?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info