💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

The removal of Elemental Equilibrium is Yet Another significant nerf to skellies, substantially lowering their power throughput.

As it is stated in the manifesto, it could also be interpreted that auras only affect you, not your minions. Though I doubt this is the case, there could conceivably be a world where Hatred no longer affects our minions too.

It already feels like the build was holding on by a thread this league.

I'm inclined to believe that in 3.16, Cold Conversion skellies is now dead.

I'm really sorry, ill3at. For years, this build was, in my opinion, the best and most fun build in the game. You made such an amazing guide.

Time to find a new minion archetype.

RIP.
Last edited by Gneerox on Oct 7, 2021, 8:25:26 PM
Any idea how it will work on EE nerf? Is this build still viable? Or we can just use the phys variant for this league?
GGG have done a really good job of hiding yet another bucket load of nerfs this league, most people are too hyped to see it. Summoners have taken a huge kicking with the loss of EE, and with syndicate operatives (the only decent phys spectre) being "fixed".

Zombie damage is dumpster, phys skeletons hardly set the world alight, and carrion golems have been nerfed league after league. Stone golems are ok for bossing but have poor clear.
I've updated the old 100m DPS skeleton PoB.
https://pastebin.com/ymZBnbPC

Unfortunately, at least for me, I don't think it's possible to see a return to the glory days of 100m skeleton DPS. Between the cluster jewel nerf and EE being nerfed and moved to the ranger tree, all elemental summoner builds took a colossal hit they will not be able to recover from.

If it's of any consolation: This build is now stronger than Asmodeus's skeleton archer + spectre build. His can do about 26m, this one can do 33m and has more life.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Apologies if it was stated somewhere (browsing almost 190 pages would be pretty tiresome)but what about Fleshcrafter?

Especially for Skeleton Mages (or maybe only for them?), with EE not being a viable option anymore would this chest not be something worth considering?

We couldn't dip into negative monster res but maybe there'd be other ways to get something in return? Food for thought - for those that, unlike me, are actually knowledgeable in the ways of PoE.
"
Norcaine90 wrote:
Apologies if it was stated somewhere (browsing almost 190 pages would be pretty tiresome)but what about Fleshcrafter?

Especially for Skeleton Mages (or maybe only for them?), with EE not being a viable option anymore would this chest not be something worth considering?

We couldn't dip into negative monster res but maybe there'd be other ways to get something in return? Food for thought - for those that, unlike me, are actually knowledgeable in the ways of PoE.

If you can handle the loss of defenses and life by sacrificing an astral plate for it, it might actually make for an okay alternative to EE even with cold melee skeletons. Grab a jewel with Blessed Rebirth on it and your skeletons will at least have 4 seconds immunity to damage with which they can use to penetrate resistances.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Been busy IRL (and allergic to POE in the offseason), so apologies for the lack of reponses in the last month or so.

New Skeleton mages POB: https://pastebin.com/LP6u7zCw

Featuring fleshcrafter, a new tree, and small changes in gear, there is a bit of a DPS bump along with increased survivability with the new Prismatic Skin notable.

Warriors/Archers to follow when I have time since they seem to be less popular. I'll make more changes to mages & others when I have more time (hint, necro aegis and a +2/+2 shild is super powerful).
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Last edited by iLL3aT on Oct 20, 2021, 10:55:42 PM
Hey, thanks for the new POB, definitely an interesting tree that paths down quite far for those max ele resist nodes. Couple of questions:

What are your thoughts on a more aggressive version that ditches those points to path up for 2nd cluster and the rest of the death attunement tree, letting us annoint ravenous horde instead? Also, I noticed that you went for aura set-up on the medium cluster, is that the best we can do now?

Also, do you think we have room to reserve another aura set-up on the side with more use of sovereignty cluster? Not sure if there is anything great we could fit in.

Do you think its worth playing skeleton mages over phys before fleshcrafter? In the past we went from phys to cold conversion at triad grips, which is significantly cheaper.

Finally, would appreciate a discussion on upgrade order if the old list is no longer accurate.
"
Nihilum12345 wrote:
Hey, thanks for the new POB, definitely an interesting tree that paths down quite far for those max ele resist nodes. Couple of questions:

What are your thoughts on a more aggressive version that ditches those points to path up for 2nd cluster and the rest of the death attunement tree, letting us annoint ravenous horde instead? Also, I noticed that you went for aura set-up on the medium cluster, is that the best we can do now?

Also, do you think we have room to reserve another aura set-up on the side with more use of sovereignty cluster? Not sure if there is anything great we could fit in.

Do you think its worth playing skeleton mages over phys before fleshcrafter? In the past we went from phys to cold conversion at triad grips, which is significantly cheaper.

Finally, would appreciate a discussion on upgrade order if the old list is no longer accurate.

Disclaimer: I haven't spent a lot of time on PoB due to a lack of time, so these are more opinions rather than the usual testing, etc. that I do.

The max res nodes are made to be easily swappable for more life, damage that each user wants. The league mechanic likely favors slightly more tanky characters, hence an initial recommendation there (also gets anti-corrupted blood). It should be a curse cluster for the unnerve & 6% taken enemy damage. The new ravenous horde is horrible IMO. Clearing is usually fine as is.

Probably possible for aura no.2 - wrath probably. Haven't played with it personally but it's ~7% more damage.

Haven't looked into phys/cold yet, probably won't until after league start.

Upgrade order is probably pretty similar since the only thing I changed for gear is fleshcrafter (later game upgrade anyways) and minor changes on rings/jewels. Awakened minion dmg is a must have late game.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
iLL3aT wrote:
Been busy IRL (and allergic to POE in the offseason), so apologies for the lack of reponses in the last month or so.

New Skeleton mages POB: https://pastebin.com/LP6u7zCw

Featuring fleshcrafter, a new tree, and small changes in gear, there is a bit of a DPS bump along with increased survivability with the new Prismatic Skin notable.

Warriors/Archers to follow when I have time since they seem to be less popular. I'll make more changes to mages & others when I have more time (hint, necro aegis and a +2/+2 shild is super powerful).

Welcome back.

I sure hope you manage to find time for the expensive warriors build version this time around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info