What to Expect in the Coming Weeks

Lets goooo
I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
nice
Announcing the announcement of the first peek of the announcement of how we will present the announcment of the next expansions announcement!

In all seriousness, I hope that GGG is looking at some core game systems that are in desperate need of work and in order of importance:

Blight
Map content overload
insane 1-shot mechanics
Sirus not being fun at all.
More long term (as in league-long) character improvement goals
Not being able to do bosses on 99% of melee builds.
Raider (PLEASE)
Elementalist (In your own time)
Templar (if you want but nobody really cares)
Leaving Necro the fuck alone because it's a good design.
Using Necro as an example of how to do ascendancies better.
Lack of hidden Bex statue in every zone of the game

So yeah I'm waiting for the next patch to address some big issues and this time there's no core expansion work to hide behind. Now's the time for fixing shit that has needed fixing for a while.
"
26 days at least to go and what's happening in between this period is exactly what was happening the last and the last and the last league.

Nearly a month without any event or any purpose to compete and play the game. ...

Told a man with 20 achievements.

For me it's very convenient to play PoE hard for 1 month after league start, then play PoE and have some personal life the second month and play some other games until next league starts.

Other ppl find convenient to play PoE 2-3 times a week and still play some content during last weeks of league.

Last edited by ched_21h on Feb 18, 2020, 2:43:03 AM
The gap between new season is stupid. and its happening season after season, people are quiting after 2-3 weeks and then, PoE has nothing to offer.. Make the time shorter for each league
neeew leaaggggg pogg
So what to do now?
Buy Judicator supporter pack or wait for another packs?

It will cost me only 120 dollars cuz upgrade..
"
Incarcerated wrote:
Announcing the announcement of the first peek of the announcement of how we will present the announcment of the next expansions announcement!

In all seriousness, I hope that GGG is looking at some core game systems that are in desperate need of work and in order of importance:

Blight
Map content overload
insane 1-shot mechanics
Sirus not being fun at all.
More long term (as in league-long) character improvement goals
Not being able to do bosses on 99% of melee builds.
Raider (PLEASE)
Elementalist (In your own time)
Templar (if you want but nobody really cares)
Leaving Necro the fuck alone because it's a good design.
Using Necro as an example of how to do ascendancies better.
Lack of hidden Bex statue in every zone of the game

So yeah I'm waiting for the next patch to address some big issues and this time there's no core expansion work to hide behind. Now's the time for fixing shit that has needed fixing for a while.

Although I agree on most of what you said, I will add that they are adding work towards 4.0 (PoE 2) constantly as well, as they mentioned all 3.10, 3.11 and 3.12 will be designed with PoE 2 in mind so I wouldn't say their work is ever ending and they got a break after Conquerors of the Atlas to presume its the time to fix things cause nothing else is going on.

I agree these things all need to be addressed, and I think they should do it along side all they are doing, just don't believe they are sitting on their asses by any stretch of imagination. Exile Con proved enough for me to be a believer in the work they put into this game. I never expected such a reveal and I take my hat off to them.

edit: aside from all that, they are also still working on PoE2, which wont launch until like end of the year or later, so its not like we are seeing a lot of the work they do either. Again, just not to presume they don't have their hands already full. And although I want all the things you mentioned, I wont be mad if they get around to it a little slower.
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Feb 18, 2020, 4:06:43 AM
Looking Forward to this, lets go!
Somebody help me out here.

Backstory-
As a melee main that back in the day got annoyed at the fact that melee was crap and useless in endgame, thus throwing the idea of doing maps in the garbage to begin with many leagues ago, and that to the less polish the game had at the time, I have always taken long breaks from PoE, tried leagues out, had some fun, went just before end game, got bored, played other games.

The only time I played extensively was 3.8 (end game maps included) and got really into the game more than just a fun visit for a few weeks. The polish was to my standards. Melee, although not as good as one season before that was it? Was still a lot more fun at last. And I could enjoy it enough to then be cool with doing all the other builds as well (which indeed pushed more end game content.... I am a melee player first, your game dont get it right, I most likely wont get to your stronger spell casting builds etc so that is why....)

To the point-
3.8 was the only season I played extensively including end game maps and then on into 3.9

Because Conquerors came out, the Atlas was reset. But since I have never actually experienced the change over on an existing Atlas, I can't recall if it is reset at the end of each season (for standard ofc, as the next league is a fresh start). I assume it is. But want to make sure. Doing a few maps and progression here just for the fun of it in standard now, but thinking it will reset annoys me and I kinda dont want to put the time into it. Feels like a waste. If I spent the whole season in standard it would be ok. But I was mostly doing the league and now on Standard, so understandably my maps are in early stages. Already feeling redundant in the same season to be doing the progression a second time, it feels even more redundant if they reset.

So yeah, will the Atlas reset? Just curious to know if I should just take the time off till next season drops or idk, play delve instead or something.

Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info